• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

Meerkat

When your not called up for first team preseason or received a scholarship and you are getting close to the age limit. They have already told you where you stand.

Unfortunately this is where the cut throat business portion comes in. It’s not a weekend team.

Still the optics of some decisions aren’t great.

That said Monty hasn’t been proven wrong by anyone i can think of.
I was of the understanding Zac had joined preseason.. wasn’t he in Thailand?

Big Al

I was of the understanding Zac had joined preseason.. wasn’t he in Thailand?
I don’t know but I assumed because he was playing NPL when the others got pulled he wasn’t but haven’t watched for a couple of weeks. Maybe he did and didn’t cut it there

Big Dog

Why would the club not wait until after the final game to release players? Seems somewhat disrespectful to do it in the penultimate game.

I personally think that the club could be better in this space. When you look at the Bayliss brothers, Christiansen and the lads from yesterday it seems on the surface the timing could have been better to be more considerate of them and how it affects the the squad. Then again, we don't really know what's gone on in the background.

priorpeter

U20s won 3-1 tonight which confirms the league title for them with 1 game to go.
P29, W19 D4 L6 GS 87(!) GA 45.

Huge achievement for the kids to win the NPL in their first season back in the top flight. Shame we didn’t hear more about it from the club tbh.

Last edited:

Big Al

U20s won 3-1 tonight which confirms the league title for them with 1 game to go.
P29, W19 D4 L6 GS 87(!) GA 45.

Huge achievement for the kids to win the NPL in their first season back in the top flight. Shame we didn’t hear more about it from the club tbh.
Is that finishing with the 20’s side that was there most of the year or now a few have moved up to 1sts are 18’s finishing the job?

priorpeter

Promotion now unlikely for the League One girls after conceding 2 late, late goals in last night’s catch up game to lose 2-1. A win would have put us top of the club championship with 1 game to go, instead we find ourselves 11 points behind in the CC. Our only real hope is the currently undefeated UNSW losing against 10th placed Blacktown in first grade, and our girls winning first grade and at least matching Uni’s reserve grade result in the final round this weekend.

Football can get in the bin.

true believer

Promotion now unlikely for the League One girls after conceding 2 late, late goals in last night’s catch up game to lose 2-1. A win would have put us top of the club championship with 1 game to go, instead we find ourselves 11 points behind in the CC. Our only real hope is the currently undefeated UNSW losing against 10th placed Blacktown in first grade, and our girls winning first grade and at least matching Uni’s reserve grade result in the final round this weekend.

F'king tragic

marinermick

Massive choke the last two weeks

pjennings

priorpeter

The girls’ slim promotion and league title hopes were extinguished today after losing to South Coast Flame, conceding in the 89th minute to lose 1-0 in the final round of the season. Girls will finish 2nd in the league and the club championship.
2nd placed finish gets them a home semi final against Hills United next week - a win sees them straight through to the GF, a loss and they’re out. Apparently will be without Rasmussen, Carlson, and quite possibly Nenadovic, as I’ve just been told players with ALW contracts are ineligible for finals.

turbo

. i can understand the intent ... but surely, if you haven't played a minute in the ALW, it could have the opposite effect
If the intent is to stop ALW clubs bringing their new players into NPL finals (which is fair enough) you’d think there could be some sort of eligibility requirement like playing X amount of games that only applies to players with ALW contracts. This is a somewhat unique situation but it’s pretty crap.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred