• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

pjennings

With both WSW and the Bulls looking like they are headed for the drop there may be a few youngsters looking to stay with an NPL side at the end of the season.

priorpeter

We did have in the first half but then he took Arnold off at half time who I thought was one of our best and switched to 4-1-4-1 and it all went downhill from there
Kinda funny as the shift to 4-1-4-1 was the catalyst for our upturn in form this season. Last week we reverted to 4-2-3-1 and started like that again this weekend. Brandtman’s lack of support in a 4-2-3-1 was evident in the first 45, but honestly felt we got bullied in the middle of the park even with the 2 screeners in Kasalovic and Arnold. Personally prefer the 2x 10s when we play in the 4-1-4-1

Rising Sun

Kinda funny as the shift to 4-1-4-1 was the catalyst for our upturn in form this season. Last week we reverted to 4-2-3-1 and started like that again this weekend. Brandtman’s lack of support in a 4-2-3-1 was evident in the first 45, but honestly felt we got bullied in the middle of the park even with the 2 screeners in Kasalovic and Arnold. Personally prefer the 2x 10s when we play in the 4-1-4-1
Thought the 4-1-4-1 suited Lachie Bayless and got the best out of it, and that's one of the reasons it was so successful for us (along with how good JB was in the DM role). With different cattle today it didn't work so well.

Thought Kasalovic and Arnold held their own tbh but maybe I was missing something. One thing I do think is that the CBs (Windust and Larson) were absolutely rock solid for us; I don't think the Windust/Paull combination is at that level yet and the mids are probably having a little bit more to do defensively

Big Dog

big fan of max middleby . reads the play like a pro . could be a top flightier
Also a big fan of Max. He is very different to our other midfielders and provides great service in defence and attack.

Regarding Nathan Paull, I thought it wasn't his best performance. Lost possession a couple of times trying to run past an attacker with the ball and didn't cover effectively for their 2nd goal. I know there are big wraps on him, and maybe justifiably so, but I thought after watching him he is still a little short of pushing for an A-league spot.

Michael

Also a big fan of Max. He is very different to our other midfielders and provides great service in defence and attack.

Regarding Nathan Paull, I thought it wasn't his best performance. Lost possession a couple of times trying to run past an attacker with the ball and didn't cover effectively for their 2nd goal. I know there are big wraps on him, and maybe justifiably so, but I thought after watching him he is still a little short of pushing for an A-league spot.
Perhaps trying a little too hard to make an early impression in his new surroundings, we need to be patient. Our expectations are blown out after what Nectar did.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred