• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2024/2025 ALM and ACL Elite

turbo

Given the costs involved in travel, accommodation, troughs for dignitaries, increased quality of the opposition, and the reduced ability to acquire our own talent [gee thanks APL] I doubt that we will progress far in the ACL. It may be a blessing to be knocked out early rather than go further and committing costs before getting a rude awakening.
The reduced distribution is horrible timing for us. If the AFC hadn't upped the payment for showing up the situation would be even worse. Punished for success.

Stuartmcateer

. Punished for success.
Punished for mismanagement by the APL is more the scenario.

Everyone is getting less money, not just us because of the success.

Yes we will have increased costs in participating but we can always decline the spot and have zero extra costs. 🤷🏻‍♂️

This is where the head office earn their money - realistically it shouldn't be impossible to find sponsorship for a guaranteed 8 games of flooding your brand on prime time across Asia.

Corsair

I'm don't think that's an option
It is.

The prize money is decent though and we get 1.2million aud just for taking part.

The breakdown of the ACL Elite Champion’s prize money is:

Qualification for the tournament: USD $800,000
Qualification for Round of 16: USD $200,000
Qualification for Quarter-Finals: USD $400,000
Qualification for Semi-Finals: USD $600,000
Champion: USD $10 million

Last edited:

Stuartmcateer

I'm don't think that's an option. And it's not like Aus can opt out without sanctions from the AFC either.
There are provisions for withdrawal that carry some sanctions.

AFC really don't like Australia (we just take a spot from "proper" Asian countries/clubs) and probably wouldn't care less if we pulled out.

Kripple

There are provisions for withdrawal that carry some sanctions.

AFC really don't like Australia (we just take a spot from "proper" Asian countries/clubs) and probably wouldn't care less if we pulled out.
Why would we pull out when we are guaranteed $1.2 mill? Have to cover 4 x OS trips plus I assume we get the takings from 4 home games. As mentioned elsewhere should be able to also pick up decent sponsorship for the rights to 8 matches min.
Plus the possibility of extra $300K prize money if we finish in the top 8 of our 12 team comp.

Stuartmcateer

Why would we pull out when we are guaranteed $1.2 mill? Have to cover 4 x OS trips plus I assume we get the takings from 4 home games. As mentioned elsewhere should be able to also pick up decent sponsorship for the rights to 8 matches min.
Plus the possibility of extra $300K prize money if we finish in the top 8 of our 12 team comp.
I'm not saying we SHOULD pull out. But if it's the difference between going bust or survival then it's an option.

The 1.2 million (plus maybe 300k) barely gets us back to even after the cuts. Then we still have the regular season expenditure plus the ACL to fund.

If the club are smart they will be lining up sponsorship with companies that have a substantial presence in Japan, China and Korea (coz we aren't getting a game against Johor or Buriram))

Big Al

It's going to be a glorified youth league.
The league is due for regeneration and i think it will be fun and unpredictable.

Might help a few kids break through to go overseas or push for the Socceroos in a couple of years.

WSW SFC us are all ready for it. Although we need another bunch to start coming through in another 12months but are good for now.

WSW will be better because that’s who they should be but always think they are too big for it

Big Al

I dont see it as terribly different to what happened with COVID. New players will stand up and the value of journeymen will be reconsidered
Yep. And a lot of the journey men are now past it. No room for Topor Jurmans Brillante Antonis Hoofman and plenty others

Plus the new breed are full blown curriculum now so will be interesting to see. Some have some good skills but game management is not one of them.

FFC Mariner

The league is due for regeneration and i think it will be fun and unpredictable.

Might help a few kids break through to go overseas or push for the Socceroos in a couple of years.

WSW SFC us are all ready for it. Although we need another bunch to start coming through in another 12months but are good for now.

WSW will be better because that’s who they should be but always think they are too big for it
Wanderers have some great young players who have been well coached and have Staj to blood them.
Expect them to move towards what they always should have been

Corsair

Yep. And a lot of the journey men are now past it. No room for Topor Jurmans Brillante Antonis Hoofman and plenty others

Plus the new breed are full blown curriculum now so will be interesting to see. Some have some good skills but game management is not one of them.
I guess we don't have any antiques at least, that's a positive.

Josho Howe

I actively avoid FB comments for a reason. Some of the whinging over letting players move on to other opportunities when we've won 4 trophies in 12 months is so f**king embarrassing. JFC, it's July, business of player incomings is to come in the weeks and months ahead. Also, the signings made by other clubs so far have not impressed me at all in the slightest. Lots of the merry-go-round.

We
Are
Fine
FFS

FFC Mariner

I actively avoid FB comments for a reason. Some of the whinging over letting players move on to other opportunities when we've won 4 trophies in 12 months is so f**king embarrassing. JFC, it's July, business of player incomings is to come in the weeks and months ahead. Also, the signings made by other clubs so far have not impressed me at all in the slightest. Lots of the merry-go-round.

We
Are
Fine
FFS
This
This
This
In Jacko we trust

style_cafe

So people think we could use another midfielder. Harry picked up a few knocks this season and Tappy is banking on his knee holding up. Not sure what we have as cover if one goes down. I think we need a top CB and a quality attacking player.
MJ like to play with two tens and two sixes so might dictate the type of player he goes for.
Will be interesting to see what happens with DWH. Apparently on big money. Can we afford to have him sit on the bench and take up a wage?
The way it`s going with the $$ DWH may be the new goalkeeper... :popcorn:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred