• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2024/2025 ALM and ACL Elite

Michael

Club needs to announce 1 or 2 signings asap to offset these big losses.
We know they knew it was coming and we heard they’d started planning for it.

Doom and gloom has already started from the fair weather fan base 😂

pjennings

Current team to play Heidelberg with the 'current' big losses

-----------Warshawsky
Roux----Kaltak----Farrell----Mauragis
Doka----Tapp------Nisbet----Theoharous
----------Kuol------Edmondson

Peraic-Cullen, Smith, Paull, Kuzevski, Di Pizio, Steele, Wenzell-Halls, Brandtman.

Nizz and Farrell potentially going but really still a pretty strong side.

Last edited:

Ironbark

Look, with the confirmation of the APL money cut so heavily I wouldn't be surprised if we struggle to make any new signings really ($500k absolutely won't fund the wages of a whole squad).
As long as we don't lose too many players we're probably close to as strong as we're going to be.

The reality is we'll likely still lose a few and then we probably need to pick up the best Aussie up and coming youth to fill the gaps. Maybe one or two ok-ish signings looking for a redemption or leg up via Jacko's contacts. I wouldn't be hoping for much more than that to be honest.

If we had the same income as last year I'd be looking for some decent signings to strengthen. At least it's a shared problem with all clubs across the league.

midfielder

The degree of the funding cuts is huge.

Interesting decision time and getting out the guessing bowl.... Do we go for a better side to increase crowds and crowd revenue or do we bunker down get an affordable side that will not be as successful....

Playing with some figures say the difference is 3K per match across 13 matches thats 39K @ net after GST say $ 22.00 per ticket... thats 858K or 286K per 1K.

Tevor

Read the membership thread, it’s not just doom and gloom from our fair weather friends.

Meerkat

The thing that amuses me is that do people really think that the club have been caught out by the departure?
That they had a series of "oh f**k" moments and have no plans. arent having any conversations with replacements?
Chill
All well and good but part of managing fan expectation and keeping positive momentum going is balancing outgoings with incomings, publicly. It’s part of this crazy thing called Marketing and keeping fans happy and excited for the new season.

Minimal investment in fan engagement is worrying. Even if things are all apples behind the scenes.

Tevor

The thing that amuses me is that do people really think that the club have been caught out by the departure?
That they had a series of "oh f**k" moments and have no plans. arent having any conversations with replacements?
Chill
Yep it’s like a snow ball building momentum. I’ll make judgement when I see our squad for our first ACL game. Aust Cup is still too early.

Tevor

All well and good but part of managing fan expectation and keeping positive momentum going is balancing outgoings with incomings, publicly. It’s part of this crazy thing called Marketing and keeping fans happy and excited for the new season.

Minimal investment in fan engagement is worrying. Even if things are all apples behind the scenes.
It was worst last off season in my opinion. We are only 4 days past 30 June and you can’t make announcements unless it is finalised. I’m sure the Club would like to but it’s not totally within their control. Assume they are also trialing so not jumping to decisions on players to appease fans.

pjennings

Look, with the confirmation of the APL money cut so heavily I wouldn't be surprised if we struggle to make any new signings really ($500k absolutely won't fund the wages of a whole squad).
As long as we don't lose too many players we're probably close to as strong as we're going to be.

The reality is we'll likely still lose a few and then we probably need to pick up the best Aussie up and coming youth to fill the gaps. Maybe one or two ok-ish signings looking for a redemption or leg up via Jacko's contacts. I wouldn't be hoping for much more than that to be honest.

If we had the same income as last year I'd be looking for some decent signings to strengthen. At least it's a shared problem with all clubs across the league.
Tatu, the other Scicluna, MacNichol, Younis & Waddingham are all players I'd like us to look at.

Older players I wouldn't mind picking up are Birraz, Windust and Tyrese - none of which would be overly expensive.

Big Al

You look at who Victory have signed then you take a breath and say at least we didn’t sign Hamill and Jing had energy but couldn’t finish his good work.

We have a coach. That’s a big start.
A pretty strong base.
I think we can wait a bit before freaking out but then that’s the life of a fan. You freak out in the offseason because you are bored. Then when your club signs someone you go why him when only Messi would keep you happy and you could probably find a fault with that too.

As long as we have a kit and 11 players it will be ok

pjennings

You look at who Victory have signed then you take a breath and say at least we didn’t sign Hamill and Jing had energy but couldn’t finish his good work.

We have a coach. That’s a big start.
A pretty strong base.
I think we can wait a bit before freaking out but then that’s the life of a fan. You freak out in the offseason because you are bored. Then when your club signs someone you go why him when only Messi would keep you happy and you could probably find a fault with that too.

As long as we have a kit and 11 players it will be ok
Can we please have some reserves as well?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred