• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2024/2025 ALM and ACL Elite

priorpeter

I don't think this was the clubs fault. He wanted to move. I would definitely be barring Balard's agent from ever doing business with the club again though.

Don’t be so sure that’s the same agency that Maxi was with when we negotiated his contract extension in 2022.

some guy

It’s a tough one - once it’s clear that guys like Niz or Max have overseas potential it’s always going to be hard to get them to sign up for contracts which could make it harder for them to achieve that. Bottom line is we need to aim for longer term deals for young talent and be strategic about when to sell (e.g., maybe now is (sadly) the time to sell Faz rather than letting him go for free in a year’s time). I think we understand that better now than we did 2-3 years ago (hence losing Max and maybe Niz now on frees) but still plenty of good prospects in the ranks.

Tevor

It’s a tough one - once it’s clear that guys like Niz or Max have overseas potential it’s always going to be hard to get them to sign up for contracts which could make it harder for them to achieve that. Bottom line is we need to aim for longer term deals for young talent and be strategic about when to sell (e.g., maybe now is (sadly) the time to sell Faz rather than letting him go for free in a year’s time). I think we understand that better now than we did 2-3 years ago (hence losing Max and maybe Niz now on frees) but still plenty of good prospects in the ranks.
Yep it’s swings and roundabouts, you can’t always sell every good player. You try as much as you can and take what you can get.

These boys gave us some great seasons so be glad for them in my opinion.

turbo

There’s definitely something to be said for spending more short term to reap the rewards. If we can offer max an extra 100k per season for an extension then pocket a modest fee we are in front. Teams with deeper pockets don’t seem to have an issue doing that.

nero

Great move for Max I’m sure he’ll succeed.

But how on earth are we letting him leave for free whilst under contract as a back to back champion & treble winner.

I get it was in his contract but why put that in the contract at all?

Absolute lunacy, if someone wants our best players they should have to pay, it’s that simple.
I wish Ballard well and hope he is successful.
I also can't believe we are letting these players go for nothing.
I want this club to be around for a long time and from all the 5000 word emails from RP every dollar is vital.

Michael

Comunicado oficial

Never forget he got dragged at half time on his starting debut by Staj I think it was..
I’ll also never forget one of maxy’s quotes from an interview “I want to be the best midfielder in this league”.
He accomplished that. And I think many here will agree, he’s one of our best ever midfielders. I’ll follow his career with a very keen eye, a model professional. Sucks we don’t get a fee but f**k it, Max NEEDS to be at a higher level. Should already be a Socceroo.

Cheers Maxy.

Michael

@priorpeter can you confirm it was just a free transfer, no add ons?

0 fee but a 30% of next sale kind of thing? I could accept that.
His contract expired, it’s a free transfer, best we can hope for is he gets a big transfer after doing well with NAC, we’d then get a development % as he came through our academy. Same theoretical situation with Niz.

Tevor

Never forget he got dragged at half time on his starting debut by Staj I think it was..
I’ll also never forget one of maxy’s quotes from an interview “I want to be the best midfielder in this league”.
He accomplished that. And I think many here will agree, he’s one of our best ever midfielders. I’ll follow his career with a very keen eye, a model professional. Sucks we don’t get a fee but f**k it, Max NEEDS to be at a higher level. Should already be a Socceroo.

Cheers Maxy.
It’s a three year deal so some security as well. Very driven young man so I’m also keen to watch how he goes.

Spacks

His contract expired, it’s a free transfer, best we can hope for is he gets a big transfer after doing well with NAC, we’d then get a development % as he came through our academy. Same theoretical situation with Niz.
"Although Max is contracted for another year on the Coast, at the time of signing that extension the Club agreed to allow Balard a free transfer after the 2023/24 season if he wished to pursue an opportunity abroad. "

straight up mutual termination then im guessing wow

pjennings

"Although Max is contracted for another year on the Coast, at the time of signing that extension the Club agreed to allow Balard a free transfer after the 2023/24 season if he wished to pursue an opportunity abroad. "

Maybe - but you can always have a free transfer with sell-on clauses. Means the player can go os when he gets the chance, the buying club has no exposure and we get compensation if he gets a big money transfer. I'm sure player arrivals and departures press releases are deliberately vague.

Stuartmcateer

Maybe - but you can always have a free transfer with sell-on clauses. Means the player can go os when he gets the chance, the buying club has no exposure and we get compensation if he gets a big money transfer. I'm sure player arrivals and departures press releases are deliberately vague.
This has its own risks.

Maybe he gets garanged and doesn't play in 2 seasons and his value goes to virtually nothing.. 30% sell on of sweet FA is still not much value to us.

Spacks

Few changes within the coaching ranks. Couple of players coming in on trial that I’ve got no info on.
I’ve been more caught up in the mid season NPL transfer window tbh, before it slams shut on Thursday
Can you expand on this or is it super sekrit stuff?

Michael

My bad, confused him with nizzy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred