• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2024/2025 ALM and ACL Elite

Ironbark

I'd want to stay if I was Hall.

It's a choice between another season in:
1. a decent squad under an excellent coaching staff at a club that supports transitioning overseas
vs
2. a new and unknown squad, under Corica, with no idea if they'll support your career trajectory

The difference is probably wage considerations, but thinking ahead for career options you'd have to think we'd be more attractive, especially adding in the feelgood factor they must have going at the moment

turbo

Hearing he's having second thoughts. Not sure how that works.
Can't speak to any of that but it's a risk signing for a new club like Auckland. Aspro signed early for WU after getting established with us (13 games ~1200 minutes. A regular fixture after he broke into the 11) and presumably got to watch in real time as we did as they announced players likely to slot in above him. He ended up getting about 430 mins across 9 games for them and only lasted 1 season.

Dan is a solid player but an unlikely signing or unexpected bargain comes in and all of a sudden he's on the pine. That's less likely in an established team where there's chemistry and other considerations.

Big Al

Can't speak to any of that but it's a risk signing for a new club like Auckland. Aspro signed early for WU after getting established with us (13 games ~1200 minutes. A regular fixture after he broke into the 11) and presumably got to watch in real time as we did as they announced players likely to slot in above him. He ended up getting about 430 mins across 9 games for them and only lasted 1 season.

Dan is a solid player but an unlikely signing or unexpected bargain comes in and all of a sudden he's on the pine. That's less likely in an established team where there's chemistry and other considerations.
No way they wouldn’t have him penciled in as starting CB but i get what you’re saying and depends on when he signed but has been enormous and best CB pairing in the league

turbo

No way they wouldn’t have him penciled in as starting CB but i get what you’re saying and depends on when he signed but has been enormous and best CB pairing in the league
I'm sure they have picked him up with the intention he could start but they're flush with cash and if having him in their pocket allows them to make some long shot approaches without stressing if they come off he could find himself left out.

Big Al

I'm sure they have picked him up with the intention he could start but they're flush with cash and if having him in their pocket allows them to make some long shot approaches without stressing if they come off he could find himself left out.
Yeah definitely possible in that sense.

Corsair

I'd want to stay if I was Hall.

It's a choice between another season in:
1. a decent squad under an excellent coaching staff at a club that supports transitioning overseas
vs
2. a new and unknown squad, under Corica, with no idea if they'll support your career trajectory

The difference is probably wage considerations, but thinking ahead for career options you'd have to think we'd be more attractive, especially adding in the feelgood factor they must have going at the moment
No guarantee you'll play either, they might sign a stronger starting player with new club money and Hall is backup.

Michael

Pre contract doesn't really mean shit
It definitely does. It’s still a contract. If he’s actually having second thoughts (can’t blame him) there’s going to have to be big discussions and probably sort out a mutual termination or something along those lines.

Only similar example that comes to mind is Lewis Miller, signed the pre contract with MacArthur and the only way he got out of it was Hibs paying a transfer fee to them and not us.

I’d love for hally to find a way out of it and stay here, would also mean we can focus on our recruitment in other areas.

Michael

On show in the ACL would be a huge carrot aswell
Said it a few times, ACL footy absolutely changes everything about our club dynamic in regards to selling our best for profit and developing youth. We need to try keep our best and add some real quality whilst developing youth. Atleast for one season. We need to hold our own and try make a mark in Asia, it’ll benefit the club in so many ways.

Spacks

Said it a few times, ACL footy absolutely changes everything about our club dynamic in regards to selling our best for profit and developing youth. We need to try keep our best and add some real quality whilst developing youth. Atleast for one season. We need to hold our own and try make a mark in Asia, it’ll benefit the club in so many ways.
Have to do well so our club gains reputation as being good and by extension australian football

Stuartmcateer

There was no goss per se - just some random guy on Facebook who said he’d been in touch with his agent and asked someone to put him in touch with the club.
Any intermediary worth their salt would prooobably be able to get in contact with the club without issuing pleas on Facebook for contact details.
I heard that he had updated his MySpace page to try and get the Mariners interested.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred