• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

Archie

I understand and accept we are a selling club.

However...

Those posts saying, Faz, Til, Niz plus maybe some others.... we cannot continue to sell 4 to 5 plus players a season.
Yes, or maybe we start to sell those players for if anything MORE then what they're worth, not less

Stuartmcateer

Punt Doka, sign a quality visa striker.
This might depend on what happens in the window. If there’s not much movement he could be released late in the window.

If we lose a number of players he could be a good back up.

Visa players are difficult to assess early on. As we saw with tulio and beni, they don’t all hit the ground running. Once they settle and start learning the language they can really kick on.

The other issue at this time of year will be is there anyone available to bring in as a visa striker that’s better than what we have and will fit under the cap?

There’s no point swapping one underperforming visa player for another.

Michael

This might depend on what happens in the window. If there’s not much movement he could be released late in the window.

If we lose a number of players he could be a good back up.

Visa players are difficult to assess early on. As we saw with tulio and beni, they don’t all hit the ground running. Once they settle and start learning the language they can really kick on.

The other issue at this time of year will be is there anyone available to bring in as a visa striker that’s better than what we have and will fit under the cap?

There’s no point swapping one underperforming visa player for another.
Well yeah obviously it’s all easier said than done and is reliant on so many factors

Ancient Mariner

I still have hopes that Doka may be ok given time.

It takes time to fit into a new team especially in a new competition.

Apart from his goals today I saw a massive improvement in Torres' general play in the way he combined with the players around him. He is fitting in, showed especially when he came in to protect Tulio.

Forum Phoenix

Agree. Struggled early, most imports do. But Doka for mine will be a good player for us at this level and is just another player being judged pre-emptively.

I understand and accept we are a selling club.

However...

Those posts saying, Faz, Til, Niz plus maybe some others.... we cannot continue to sell 4 to 5 plus players a season.

From RP's open letter that so many had a melt down over, it's pretty clear they want to strike the right balance here. But unfortunately wherever you are in the world, when players get chances at better pay days and want to go, typically they go. Not sure what else we can do here?

Big Al

I’ve heard a lot of interest in Faz from multiple OS clubs ?
Well deserved he has been awesome.

I know people get sick of us selling but he is the one who needs to go the most.

Just getting out of that being young age and also needs to kick on and grab at least the backup LB role to Bos for Socceroos.

It’s more about its time than a desperate sell for money.

Things change quickly. Last season he got sick and never seemed to recover and then McGarry was lights out to stop him getting back. Now he id tearing up Asia and putting all the imports in his back pocket. Needs to test himself.

There is a worry about his introvert personality but we won’t know unless he has a crack.

Well deserved to be being monitored

Big Al

Doka looked electric very early but like all our attack was missing connections.

Then Storm was preferred for a more defensive mindset as we were leaking goals on the counter

He is more a Monty Full Back than Jackson I feel. You don’t buy a brazillian to defend. Think Monty wanted him to replicate Lewis.

I think he will be ok but needs more games

turbo

Always smile at people hurt and baffled that we are a selling club.
We are a selling league close to the bottom of the financial pyramid.
Last time I checked there was free movement of labour and players aren't indentured servants with no rights
It's what football is.
Being a selling club isn’t hard to cop but the way it’s unfolded following last year’s success has been a lot for the broader supporter base to cop. There’s a bottom line figure to worry about but there’s also long term growth which is difficult when we sell off so many successful players at once. Ideally we’d only sell on say 3-4 players per year in a more staggered consistent approach which would be a much easier vision to sell the casual fan.

AuzDutchy

Well deserved he has been awesome.

I know people get sick of us selling but he is the one who needs to go the most.

Just getting out of that being young age and also needs to kick on and grab at least the backup LB role to Bos for Socceroos.

It’s more about its time than a desperate sell for money.

Things change quickly. Last season he got sick and never seemed to recover and then McGarry was lights out to stop him getting back. Now he id tearing up Asia and putting all the imports in his back pocket. Needs to test himself.

There is a worry about his introvert personality but we won’t know unless he has a crack.

Well deserved to be being monitored
If Faz wants to have a crack overseas I doubt the club would ever stand in his way, but.....

He doesnt have to go if he doesnt want to, absolutely nothing wrong with playing Pro Football for your hometown club. He can earn a liveable wage in Aliga while building on his knowledge of the game and maybe go into coaching or sport science later in life.

Putting his own happiness 1st is way more important than appeasing forumites

pjennings

From all reports previously he was quite versatile - but he was not first or second choice in any so was unlikely to get game time. Better for him to get game time - isn't Ben Cahn at Gold Coast Knights? If he is a QLD boy then it makes sense to go home to get game and development time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred