• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

pjennings

I wouldn't be surprised to have Storm with Brian. Brian played predominantly on the left last season and Paull I believe is also predominantly a left sided CB. I would start Noah instead of Christian with Christian coming on fresh against a tiring defence.

...................... Vukovic....

Doka....Storm ...... Kaltak....Farrell

Torres.... Nisbet .... Balard .... Smith

................. Tulio....
.................................................. Kuol

Ben10

I wouldn't be surprised to have Storm with Brian. Brian played predominantly on the left last season and Paull I believe is also predominantly a left sided CB. I would start Noah instead of Christian with Christian coming on fresh against a tiring defence.

I'd have very similar, except Hall into CB, shift Storm to RB and Doka on the bench. Hall needs games to improve, with Monty gone it's a great opportunity for a fresh start

scottmac

Suspended

Torres or Smith to the bench, Doka to RM, Storm to RB and Paull into CB.

Drew

I don’t get all the hate for Theo starting?? He was great off the bench last season and he came to the club with no game time so naturally his fitness wouldn’t be at its best, but with a full preseason with us now I’m not sure why people are still questioning his fitness, I’m sure he’ll be fit and firing and ready to make that LW spot his

Insertnamehere

I don’t get all the hate for Theo starting?? He was great off the bench last season and he came to the club with no game time so naturally his fitness wouldn’t be at its best, but with a full preseason with us now I’m not sure why people are still questioning his fitness, I’m sure he’ll be fit and firing and ready to make that LW spot his
My problem is his decision making and selfishness. As I've said numerous times its reminiscent of Hoole. Hoole refused to change, I hope Theo will because he could be a cracker of a player.

pjennings

My reasoning is that he will be playing in hot humid conditions. Theo will start plenty of games, just not sure that I want to try him now in hot humid conditions when there is only a small number of games in the group stage. In 26 ALM round sure.

JoyfulPenguin

My problem is his decision making and selfishness. As I've said numerous times its reminiscent of Hoole. Hoole refused to change, I hope Theo will because he could be a cracker of a player.
I don't think it's fundamentally because he is a selfish player.

He was clearly instructed to be direct and take on players when subbed on. Even with that he still made opportunities and space for others.

Roger the Cabin Boy

My run on side, still not sure about the other CB...

Doka....????? ...... Kaltak....Farrell

Torres.... Nisbet .... Balard .... Theoharous

................. Tulio.... playing a false 9 role ...

With that left side Nizzy will be fluent in Spanish and Portuguese by the end of the season

Michael

I don't think it's fundamentally because he is a selfish player.

He was clearly instructed to be direct and take on players when subbed on. Even with that he still made opportunities and space for others.
1000% agree with this
‘Twas the instruction for all the wide players to be extremely direct under Monty.

I would like to see a more killer instinct from Theo just with his final pass though.

turbo

Perhaps. Problem is running into cul de sacs and not working hard to get the ball back or to defend after losing it.
Not working hard to get it back is an issue. But the decisions can be from trying too hard and getting more starting minutes may help reduce that pressure to deliver something in limited windows.

Big Dog

If Theoharous has worked on his fitness he needs to be in with a shot at starting. Can’t see him staying happy and at the club if we don’t offer that pathway amongst all the turnover we’ve had and extra games to play.
I've heard he's working really hard on his fitness. I think he'll get his chances to start too. The club do offer the pathway... but it's not up to them to keep players happy. At least not in a Monty coached side (sigh)
We saw that with Ruhs. We didn't keep him happy so he left. That turned out well. Plenty on this forum have coached before. If you're getting the job done that the coach wants you to you'll get your chance.

He's very talented, not sure how disciplined he's been in the past. Hopefully this season will see him at his best.

Corsair

Plenty on this forum have coached before.
And been coached. I was struggling to get into a side when I was younger. Asked the coach what I had to do to make it and he told me to go play Sunday league with older kids. Couple months later after playing every Sunday I'd beefed up and improved my technique enough to make the side. Playing football in that 1st team for the next 4 years were some of the best days of my life.

If you're coachable and work hard you've got every chance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred