• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

Wombat

Had a big offer from a club in Luxembourg which fell through. Most likely heading back to Brazil now.
Jesus...have you been to Luxembourg. Reckon the Cenny Coast is bigger! I googled it and apparently there are 16 clubs which is amazing as i can't remember a single club, but the country is a stinking rich tax haven so i'm not surprised there was good money on offer.

priorpeter

Jesus...have you been to Luxembourg. Reckon the Cenny Coast is bigger! I googled it and apparently there are 16 clubs which is amazing as i can't remember a single club, but the country is a stinking rich tax haven so i'm not surprised there was good money on offer.
And they have 5 divisions with pro-rel! Incredible.

After Moresche’s move there fell through, that club went and gave the big money to Paul Ayongo ?

Forum Phoenix

Theo in for Smith no question
100%

Also think Hall is a decent way ahead of Windust still. Sure he would have come good once more if Triantis didn't so spectacularly make the position his own.

Moresche... I'm with Monty on this. 4 goals in 32 games. Held the ball up and linked well, but very reasonable to think we can secure a visa player who could have a much more significant goal return.

Last edited:

Corsair

I'm keen to see how DWH goes this year. Always thought there was a player there somewhere but so inconsistent. If Monty can light the fire in his belly he might be good. Very fast I seem to recall.
Fastest in our squad I would think....Alou would be a very close second though.

midfielder

Hall is interesting, before his injury was close to a starting player if not a starting player....

If he can recapture that form and improve on it he will be a first 11 player.... he seems from the little I know of him a very decent person and thats always good to have in a team.... also quite loyal to the Coast which is also not a bad thing....

Looking forward to the season and the new visa signing mentioned earlier....

pjennings

If the visa player is a CB then Hall and Steele would probably be the defensive and midfield cover. Dan as CB, RB. Steele as LB and CM. Leaves the rest as attacking options.

Michael

I'm keen to see how DWH goes this year. Always thought there was a player there somewhere but so inconsistent. If Monty can light the fire in his belly he might be good. Very fast I seem to recall.
Also very keen to see how he goes playing regularly again. He’s a composed finisher, plays on the shoulder well so Tulio can tee him up very nicely. Can also link play when needed. Im predicting minimum 10goals from him.

Melange

If the visa player is a CB then Hall and Steele would probably be the defensive and midfield cover. Dan as CB, RB. Steele as LB and CM. Leaves the rest as attacking options.
Steele has had a few cameos at LB and did a good job, good to have that versatility

Insertnamehere

Also very keen to see how he goes playing regularly again. He’s a composed finisher, plays on the shoulder well so Tulio can tee him up very nicely. Can also link play when needed. Im predicting minimum 10goals from him.
I reckon the free role between striker and attacking midfielder will do DWH a world of good. His best season was with roar allowing him to do just that.

JoyfulPenguin

Jason would also go to the wings quite a bit - as well as dropping deep.
The biggest test for next season is filling that role that Jason and Ureña have occupied in the past.

While we line up as a traditional 442 one of our strikers has almost always acted as a false 9 or 10. The striker linked our midfield and attack. Counteracting the outnumbering in midfield the 433 most sides in the A-League use.

When Jason or Ureña were unavailable for that role we really struggled. When we had Tùlio in that role he seemed to struggle to understand what he was asked to do postionally.

Hopefully Tùlio can adapt to the role successfully.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred