• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

priorpeter

Does anyone here actually know what happened even if you can't say?

Seems like all we have is speculation so I'm reluctant to assume too much
In a nutshell, Lachie was on a scholarship here. The club opted not to renew his scholar deal which expires this week.

Personally I think he’s one of the brightest young talents we’ve seen come through the ranks over the years. FNSWL1 player of the season and golden boot last season, and top of the assists chart for NPL this year, 3rd in chances created and our top goalscorer in NPL.
Hopefully doesn’t come back to bite us; time will tell. Good luck to the kid - except against us.

Insertnamehere

In a nutshell, Lachie was on a scholarship here. The club opted not to renew his scholar deal which expires this week.

Personally I think he’s one of the brightest young talents we’ve seen come through the ranks over the years. FNSWL1 player of the season and golden boot last season, and top of the assists chart for NPL this year, 3rd in chances created and our top goalscorer in NPL.
Hopefully doesn’t come back to bite us; time will tell. Good luck to the kid - except against us.
Surely a resume that was worth sometime in the senior squad.

Michael

A couple signings in the next week or so would help me move past this news.
Still plenty of total gems in our NPL squad too. Is Hammond on a scholar? What about Kasalovic I assume he’s been extended? Looking good again after his injury.

Michael

This article has much more info about the Silvera interest with quotes from rich. And Tulio getting interest from Saudi and Qatar. Most importantly Rich states we’re actively trying to keep both for another season. I have a feeling cumdogs fee is substantial enough for a short term change in selling strategy. To keep most the squad together a little longer.

Corsair

This article has much more info about the Silvera interest with quotes from rich. And Tulio getting interest from Saudi and Qatar. Most importantly Rich states we’re actively trying to keep both for another season. I have a feeling cumdogs fee is substantial enough for a short term change in selling strategy. To keep most the squad together a little longer.
Selling players is all well and good but you need to keep an eye on momentum if you want to build the fan base. News of losing a 20 goal marquee striker and our squad being gutted of some of our best players would not not do our membership numbers much good. On top of that we've just released our best local NPL striker to the scum. We need some off season good news...

Corsair

Also the best thing about this article is the use of the word slaying!

"the Mariners’ 6-1 grand final slaying of Melbourne City"

Big Dog

This. He didn't want to leave. Felt he's done enough to earn a place. He was released.

I have heard the club was active in trying to find another option for him. Might not be what we want to hear that he went up the road but they did want to see if there was another option for him. Same for his brother James but the injury has put all of that on hold.

Advice from most past players is if you have a contract offered to you and there are no other options you should take it.

Michael

I wasn’t expecting Sammy to be one to leave after this season tbh, not that he’s not deserving or not good enough. But it’s nice to know we’re holding out for the best possible price. To me that says Sammy isn’t desperate for a move (which he shouldn’t be) and we’re in a better position than we’ve been previously.

Josho Howe

Normally I'd kind of scoff at any club calling someone a legend after playing only 50 games for them but this is a clear exception and it is more than worthy to call Cumdog a legend of the club. Bought into the culture, promoted the game, made the league better and most importantly took us a title.

Farewell Jase. We are gonna miss ya.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred