• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

Insertnamehere

I’m probably in my own here, but Vuka really highlighted this year how many flaws Birraz had. Birraz’ strength was his diving shot stopping ability, which was top shelf and really ‘exciting’. Looked like he pulled off many amazing saves, which he did. Problem was his positioning was questionable, which made a lot of those saves look more impressive because he turned a regulation save into a spectacular one. His distribution was also below par.

How many times this year did you see a player get a shot on goal and you just thought - ‘no problems here’ and Vuka just swallowed it cleanly - because his positing was first class - so many saves within 1-2 meters of his position. Many of those turn into spectacular saves in the 3m range or near misses with Birraz due to positioning.
who was our GK coach that season..... was it JVS?

adz

Staff member
I’m probably in my own here, but Vuka really highlighted this year how many flaws Birraz had. Birraz’ strength was his diving shot stopping ability, which was top shelf and really ‘exciting’. Looked like he pulled off many amazing saves, which he did. Problem was his positioning was questionable, which made a lot of those saves look more impressive because he turned a regulation save into a spectacular one. His distribution was also below par.

How many times this year did you see a player get a shot on goal and you just thought - ‘no problems here’ and Vuka just swallowed it cleanly - because his positing was first class - so many saves within 1-2 meters of his position. Many of those turn into spectacular saves in the 3m range or near misses with Birraz due to positioning.

Yeah interesting. Kind of reminds me of a workplace where people can go about getting the job done with no fuss, do a good job at it, get shit done, no recognition. Then others can f**k things up, maybe a little bit, maybe a lottle bit, then make a big fuss about fixing those mistakes, eventually get a result and then because everyone notices the work being done to put out the fires they created - great job.

Hypothetically speaking, someone told me about this, etc. ;)

turbo

Hypothetically speaking
You're not wrong. I've seen people do awesome work fixing issues in a fraction of the time it should and the client just wonders why it wasnt faster and I've seen people make stupid mistakes with big impact, save the day by fixing it and they're a hero. All about how you sell it.

Then again as a fan I still want a keeper to dive even if they clearly wont get there. Standing flat and watching the ball sail past just looks so bad.

pjennings

Yeah interesting. Kind of reminds me of a workplace where people can go about getting the job done with no fuss, do a good job at it, get shit done, no recognition. Then others can f**k things up, maybe a little bit, maybe a lottle bit, then make a big fuss about fixing those mistakes, eventually get a result and then because everyone notices the work being done to put out the fires they created - great job.

Hypothetically speaking, someone told me about this, etc. ;)
I missed out on my school team to one of my own Saturday team's full backs. He basically dived and parried while I talk a couple of quick steps and got my body behind and caught the ball,

Michael

Nathan Paull confirmed. 2 year scholar. Initially had concerns for Dean Larson’s future but Monty specifically mentions him in the write up so he must be sticking around. Makes you wonder about Windust though…
Keen to see how Paull goes though. Club also gave Anton’s foundation a shout out so that’s obviously still a very strong relationship.

priorpeter

Nathan Paull confirmed. 2 year scholar. Initially had concerns for Dean Larson’s future but Monty specifically mentions him in the write up so he must be sticking around. Makes you wonder about Windust though…
Keen to see how Paull goes though. Club also gave Anton’s foundation a shout out so that’s obviously still a very strong relationship.
Good pick up. Good on the ball and reads the game well. I know Deano was a bit concerned last week as he hadn’t had his contract renewal meeting yet and he knew of Paull’s signing but the write up does make it sound like he’s sticking around. I understand Windy will also be staying too which is great news, he has a huge opportunity this ALM season and as I said on the pod is at the stage now where he’s really gotta make the step up - and I think he will.
The major downside of this, for me, is going to be trying to differentiate between Paull and Windy when calling NPL!

scottmac

Suspended
Good pick up. Good on the ball and reads the game well. I know Deano was a bit concerned last week as he hadn’t had his contract renewal meeting yet and he knew of Paull’s signing but the write up does make it sound like he’s sticking around. I understand Windy will also be staying too which is great news, he has a huge opportunity this ALM season and as I said on the pod is at the stage now where he’s really gotta make the step up - and I think he will.
The major downside of this, for me, is going to be trying to differentiate between Paull and Windy when calling NPL!
Is Windy left footed?

Michael

That’s all quite reassuring! I also forgot about Hallys impending ‘rumoured’ departure. So there’s definitely space for one of those 3 to fully step up. I agree, I think Windust can do it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred