• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

Big Dog

I think thats a mental issue atm rather than a physical. He'll come good. He doesn't need to run all day, even if he has the genetics to do so.
I agree it’s probably a mental issue. From what I’ve seen our wingers are required to do a lot of running. Under Monty and Sergio a lot of the direction to Alou was around a perceived lack of work rate. Interestingly same for Garang.
I actually think Alou has been working hard playing where he is currently. Just can’t see it with how we play our wingers

Insertnamehere

I agree it’s probably a mental issue. From what I’ve seen our wingers are required to do a lot of running. Under Monty and Sergio a lot of the direction to Alou was around a perceived lack of work rate. Interestingly same for Garang.
I actually think Alou has been working hard playing where he is currently. Just can’t see it with how we play our wingers
Agree. I think we can agree that MJ has shown a bit more tactical adaptability than Monty. Certainly our wing play has to change without Tulio. Nothing worng with asynchronous tactics.

TC Redline

I think thats a mental issue atm rather than a physical. He'll come good. He doesn't need to run all day, even if he has the genetics to do so.
To me Alou has progressively gotten better through the year albeit slower than I was hoping. I actually think it was really difficult for him and DWH early on with Tulio, Torres and Theo when they were all in the starting team and doing fifteen thousand stepovers before finally crossing and how the hell do you time a run as a striker with that service, It also took away his strength in speed off the shoulder and also allowed the defenders to turn and face the ball coming in with the slow deliveries which is so much easier to defend.

Our only early crosses seem to come from Faz and Storm where we did create chances from these early balls before it appeared MJ got into them as Theo was benched and the other two reduced these down and started crossing bit earlier which seemed to see an uplift in not only Alou’s but the teams form. I have also seen a lot more general work out of him too after these changes so hopefully he keeps improving as the year goes on.

Spacks

d7c6041200b767e43ecfa64c0c812739.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred