• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

Corsair

Also relegation will mean teams will be risk adverse, avoiding youth and risky signings like tulio.
For every yin there is a yang... the relegated team takes the risk and signs the speculative player and plays the youth to try to get back up.

Last edited:

Huddo

For every yin there is a yang... the relegated team takes the risk and signs the speculative player and plays the youth to try to get back up.

These purchases and youth selection are done with very little long term direction, just Hail Mary's recruitments.

Edit: I'm not against Pro/Rel I just think it is detrimental for selling clubs like ours.Any advancement out of the second tier and the eyes will be picked by the richer clubs in the league.

Corsair

These purchases and youth selection are done with very little long term direction, just Hail Mary's recruitments.

Edit: I'm not against Pro/Rel I just think it is detrimental for selling clubs like ours.Any advancement out of the second tier and the eyes will be picked by the richer clubs in the league.
Haven't you just described our present situation? Champions with the cream stripped off the top.

The recruitment by Monty and Serg was mostly exceptional the last few years and it's made all the difference. Nkololo, Tulio, Silvera, G. Kuol, Cummings, Kaltak, McGarry, Triantis and the list goes on. Supplemented by academy grads that Monty developed. Almost every visa signing was a wtf from the fan base.

The real test comes now for Jacko and Rich, can they recruit as well as Monty and Serge did? It's certainly going to be interesting.

Definitely stings to have lost the current AFC cup golden boot.

I'm annoyed at myself for being sucked in by posts like the below that filled me with preseason false hope that we'd keep him for at least this season:

I'll get over it... eventually!

I should look on the bright side I guess, we got to watch him score some stunning goals and witnessed some magic ball skill.

Huddo

Haven't you just described our present situation? Champions with the cream stripped off the top.

The recruitment by Monty and Serg was mostly exceptional the last few years and it's made all the difference. Nkololo, Tulio, Silvera, G. Kuol, Cummings, Kaltak, McGarry, Triantis and the list goes on. Supplemented by academy grads that Monty developed. Almost every visa signing was a wtf from the fan base.

The real test comes now for Jacko and Rich, can they recruit as well as Monty and Serge did? It's certainly going to be interesting.

I'm annoyed at myself for being sucked in by posts like the below that filled me with preseason false hope that we'd keep him for at least this season:

I should look on the bright side I guess, we got to watch him score some stunning goals and witnessed some magic ball skill.

Nah they are different, in a a relegation dog fight the expections is on players to contribute immediately, so the development of players like Roux, steele, Ballard, even Silvera would been more unlikely as they have built in to there careers, also the recruitment of quality internationals would be stifled with the immediate threat of demotion. Do you think Urena would have come to CCM if the threat of demotion existed?

Corsair

the recruitment of quality internationals would be stifled with the immediate threat of demotion. Do you think Urena would have come to CCM if the threat of demotion existed?
I think Urena was a special case. Most other leagues have demotion (including the J league where Tulio is headed). It's not like there's a queue of International players at our door anyway.

Given the state of the league, with 2 clubs basically in administration (scum and Perth) maybe now is not the right time for it.

Is there another way we can retain players for longer or do we have to accept our fate as a transit lounge?

Now I've calmed down a bit I can objectively look at the fact we have been able to attract, develop and sell players in their early to mid 20's as a good thing. As fans we benefit from getting to watch more exciting high energy football rather than journeymen.

It is frustrating at times though, I'd like to have more continuity but I guess we just don't have the funds for it unfortunately.

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
hmmm, yes, yes , I get were a selling club and players come and go ...but...f**k
could you not wait till the end of the season FFS, stupid f**king place for a shop window anyway , in the midst of the f**king comp...rant over
#TransitLoungeLeague

true believer

I'll be in morning for a long time .
He was always magical and ccm were always a chance when he pressed the go button.
I found myself laughing at some of his "miricale" goals .

Hello Sailor

This is the harsh reality so many people will never be able to grasp.
Ofcourse, it’s not fine. But that’s sport in this country. It’s the culture of the country. We’d either rather watch on telly at home because it’s too hot, too sunny, too much hassle, too wet, too cold, shit KO time. Than be a bum on the seat in the stadium.
OR
we think we’re too good to put eyeballs on the aleague because it ain’t the EPL.

That’s why there’s no profit in football in this country that’s why we can’t pay players to stay that’s why we are a selling club.
Dont forget that there are other codes competing for fans.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred