• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

Insertnamehere

I’m honestly fine with us being a selling club. The timing sometimes can be annoying ofcourse. But it is what it is, just as long as the fee’s we receive are adequate for the players value and there needs to be an understanding from the club powers that if a youth player isn’t ready an older player has to be brought in so that we stay competitive. Which is the case right now, thankfully.
Problem is I don't think we've received fair value by and large. Sell on and appearance clauses are risky.

Allreet?

Problem is I don't think we've received fair value by and large. Sell on and appearance clauses are risky.
Did we ever get a cent extra from Rogic?

We would've cashed in massively if he'd gone to Arsenal, but when he re-signed for Celtic was there a bonus for us or just diddly?

Spacks

does anyone know why Matt Hatch isn't playing in an A-League team? He's in the NPL, which is very strange to me as he looked quite good when he played for us.

priorpeter

My recollection is that it was a rumored sell on. So we got 0 extra.
I was reliably informed it was a 20% sell on, however the clause expired when he renewed with Celtic. Had he have made that move to arsenal during his initial contract period, we’d have been in for a tidy pay day.

The club have become a lot smarter with the structure of these deals, so hopefully over the next few years we’ll see some further benefit there.

Allreet?

I was reliably informed it was a 20% sell on, however the clause expired when he renewed with Celtic. Had he have made that move to arsenal during his initial contract period, we’d have been in for a tidy pay day.

The club have become a lot smarter with the structure of these deals, so hopefully over the next few years we’ll see some further benefit there.
It'd be interesting to ask Tommy about that situation. He must've been convinced he'd never get to play at Arsenal whereas he was a star at Celtic and must've really liked the city.

If Wenger wanted him (and I'm told by someone who knows that he did) then it would have been fascinating to see how he went in that side and in the EPL.

CCM would have made a fortune also.

Huddo

How's he going in the NPL?

I thought he signed with Marconi at the end of their last season, start of the Aleague. I see him floating around the southern part of the coast sometimes.

I am literally stunned a player with his impact and versatility hasn't been picked up even by a struggling team.

priorpeter

I thought he signed with Marconi at the end of their last season, start of the Aleague. I see him floating around the southern part of the coast sometimes.

I am literally stunned a player with his impact and versatility hasn't been picked up even by a struggling team.
He signed a short term deal there during the NPL mid-season transfer window. Sydney United have had a few move on so would think he’ll get some decent opportunities there.

turbo

Even coaches - Ross Aloisi hasn’t even coached 6 months here and just grabbed the first thing that flew by.
China is throwing around stupid money. Yes it sucks but objectively almost everyone takes what’s likely a 2 or 3 x wage bump - maybe more with favourable tax rates - and runs with it. He will get another gig here when he chooses to return. Now if he abandons ship again it might become an issue but few will hold this one against him beyond some roar fans.

turbo

I suspect he was viewed as close to his ceiling and although yes it’s better than some those younger players are regarded as having more development and sale potential. This new youth focus is great but if a player doesn’t make a level to be considered A league starter or sell on potential it won’t be too forgiving

Michael

It'd be interesting to ask Tommy about that situation. He must've been convinced he'd never get to play at Arsenal whereas he was a star at Celtic and must've really liked the city.

If Wenger wanted him (and I'm told by someone who knows that he did) then it would have been fascinating to see how he went in that side and in the EPL.

CCM would have made a fortune also.
Unfortunately Tommy’s career was one of those “what could’ve beens”
One of the most naturally gifted footballers our country ever produced imo. We were privileged to watch him play for us.

ccf

Does anyone know if Garang is here for Christmas? Saw Alou and two others at the Haven today, think one was Garang.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred