• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Draw 2019/20

Timmah

I’d be surprised if the league didn’t have an out in the terms and conditions but there’s not much excuse for shifting it so late after the previous draw changes were rolled out.
Probably a bit short sighted to schedule a big fixture like that within the international window anyway.
They always throw this on the draw document:

upload_2019-10-23_12-5-48.png

style_cafe

Then we have the bye in round 3 and we don`t get to see our team for a month
That`s followed by 2 home games to get the crowd back then another month without seeing them at home.
That to me says bye bye to any new supporters we may have added...:popcorn:

All teams should play at home after the bye...common sense?

So now we`ve had the bye and the momentum of the club has slowed considerably (check how many posts we`ve had on the forum),
we now have 2 away games.
Lets see how many we get at the next two home games because after that we have another month of not seeing our team.
I`ve looked through the draw and unless i`m mistaken no other club is away from home for a month let alone being away from home twice for a month each.
Who`s trying to kill the Mariner`s?...:popcorn:

turbo

Not sure it’s as dramatic as trying to kill us but maybe more a case of being hard to balance the draw and us drawing the short straw due to our pretty horrible attendance in recent years. If you’re going to give a team a shit run you’re going to do it to the ones pulling 5k not 8-10.

style_cafe

Not sure it’s as dramatic as trying to kill us but maybe more a case of being hard to balance the draw and us drawing the short straw due to our pretty horrible attendance in recent years. If you’re going to give a team a shit run you’re going to do it to the ones pulling 5k not 8-10.
Very true, but why try in the first place?
Surely any team that has a month between home games is going to lose all momentum with home fans.

turbo

Yeah it definitely doesn’t help us and then we’ll end up with back to back games which can be a negative as well because it lets people feel like they can skip one without missing out much.
The bye is a big issue, we get two by round 9 and play some teams twice before we see others once.

marinermick

NRL match Roosters v Sea Eagles day after our game at home to Melbourne City on the Friday evening.

League game should be a sell out so that may hurt our crowds.

pjennings

With Zlatan being chased by Glory for a short term contract the NYE game will be his last game if they can nab him.

pjennings

With Zlatan being chased by Glory for a short term contract the NYE game will be his last game if they can nab him.

It sounds like any short term deal hinges on him being released from his MLS contract. Otherwise the earliest he could be here is mid January and with a deal lined up at Granada in La Liga then the likelihood of him going to Perth is small.

turbo

I think they just did.
They played a decent game last night but IMO it was more that City were shithouse. None of their usual edge in attack, Maclaren barely saw the ball, plenty of unforced errors. Some would say that was Perth’s doing but they didn’t seem to be doing anything unusual or overly well to me so I put it more on City having a shit game. At the back Delbridge had a hand in all 3 goals including putting an off target shot in to his own goal. Perth looked better than they have recently but it could be a stretch to call it a return to form. Let’s see how they handle WSW (also pretty meh right now) and the Jets before they get back to us.

Pirate Pete

They played a decent game last night but IMO it was more that City were shithouse. None of their usual edge in attack, Maclaren barely saw the ball, plenty of unforced errors. Some would say that was Perth’s doing but they didn’t seem to be doing anything unusual or overly well to me so I put it more on City having a shit game. At the back Delbridge had a hand in all 3 goals including putting an off target shot in to his own goal. Perth looked better than they have recently but it could be a stretch to call it a return to form. Let’s see how they handle WSW (also pretty meh right now) and the Jets before they get back to us.
I was only half watching it, but I did notice Delbridge and Bouzanis exchanging words after the final whistle.

Ironbark

If Perth were out of form when we beat them - we barely hung on that game. That level or above and they'll roll us

turbo

If Perth were out of form when we beat them - we barely hung on that game. That level or above and they'll roll us
That game was a perfect example of the wrong mindset IMO. We just sat back and tried to ride it out instead of doing what worked earlier. We invited them in to the match

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami