• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Ads

* Good to hear we have someone dedicated to looking at Visa recruitment other than just what we know about relationships, etc.

* Happy that Shaun acknowledged that haven’t really tried that hard in the past to actively seek new owner / investment.
It’s good that now willing to put the word out there despite a probable lack of interest that we are official open for business and change.

Ancient Mariner

I really like his model of 2% community ownership. If the fans are expected to pony up to buy that 2% and the Club is valued at $10m (over the top, I know) they would have to find $200,000. I am sure there are 200 fans out there who would fork out $1,000 to be a shareholder and have some ownership of the Club.
Now say the majority shareholders who owned 49% each were expected to fund $2m a year to keep the Club viable then it would be expected that the $1,000 shareholders would have to proportionally contribute $400 a year.
I would be happy to be part of this sort of arrangement.
It could be the start of something special that could grow.

I do not know how Barca started, but they are a fan owned club and reportedly worth $6b.

You have to start somewhere.

Great idea Shaun.

Coast Football Ramble

I really like his model of 2% community ownership. If the fans are expected to pony up to buy that 2% and the Club is valued at $10m (over the top, I know) they would have to find $200,000. I am sure there are 200 fans out there who would fork out $1,000 to be a shareholder and have some ownership of the Club.
Now say the majority shareholders who owned 49% each were expected to fund $2m a year to keep the Club viable then it would be expected that the $1,000 shareholders would have to proportionally contribute $400 a year.
I would be happy to be part of this sort of arrangement.
It could be the start of something special that could grow.

I do not know how Barca started, but they are a fan owned club and reportedly worth $6b.

You have to start somewhere.

Great idea Shaun.

We were literally just chatting at this.

The starting figured I based at $15m going off the cost of the last new license given out.
2% of the $15m is $300k.
Which is coincidentally about the value between our spend and the cap. Estimating.

Ancient Mariner

I do not see it as underwriting Charlesworth. I see it as underwriting the Club and a way to change the ownership structure. If he stays under this model he would own only 49% of the Club. I very much doubt that the Club would be valued at $15m. These are figures that were thrown about during previous sale rumours and included the COE, which must remain out of this deal.

However, I see it as being only theoretical at this point. The Club has to survive first. That will be even more difficult now with the economic flow on from the Covid 19 pandemic. There will not be too much money floating around for a while.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Really good podcast guys. I'm genuinely impressed that some of your best work is coming out at the tail end of THIS season. Shaun did really well, I appreciated his frankness and that honesty about the negatives actually left me MORE positive.
Also, well done to you all for developing such a strong rapport with people like Shaun which facilitates these sorts of interviews.

Josho Howe

Really good podcast guys. I'm genuinely impressed that some of your best work is coming out at the tail end of THIS season. Shaun did really well, I appreciated his frankness and that honesty about the negatives actually left me MORE positive.
Also, well done to you all for developing such a strong rapport with people like Shaun which facilitates these sorts of interviews.

Cheers for that mate and everyone for the kind words. I too thought it was one of our best pods. Shaun was very honest and candid with us and that was only possible through his continued relationship and willingness to be interviewed. As we record in a room on the same floor as the CCM office, that definitely helps facilitate things. First pod that cracked the 2 hour mark and it was probably appropriate after an hour with Shaun and an hour of us just discussing a lot of stuff. Probably won't make a habit of really long pods but am happy to be a part of something that provides content for our long suffering fans.

Big Al

Great pod and can’t wait for my COE 1ply toilet paper. Can i get that before MC realises it’s value and sells it.

seriously it was a very passionate and very frank speech from Shaun. He just layed it all out there and think may have been a massive weight off his shoulders. A CEO coming out with statements like that usually doesn’t end well but ihonest frank and reality.
I dare say Erin’s speech last week has gone a long way to getting this out in the open. Really good job.

Yes i was laughing on the train when you discussed my question. I never even thought about what style just assumed a bare knuckle street brawl was the only way in this toilet paper driven society.

Big Al

Also Shaun is giving it a red hot crack and that’s all we can ask.
I have left him a message personally on here to just simply say thanks.
not telling anybody what to do but if you liked his speech maybe just give a little shout out to him to say you appreciate to. This May encourage him to keep fighting on those tough days

jacobsfl

By far the best episode I've listened to since joining in March 2019. Shaun is doing his absolute best to provide us with straight facts, and I am honestly glad to finally have some of my questions answered without hearing the same generic, blunt and BS response, (Anton interview).

Michael

Haven’t listened to the pod just yet but saw shauns opening message on Mariners TV. As much as we get frustrated with him or misdirect anger at him. He’s such a bloody good bloke, he’s in probably one of the hardest job in Aussie football. I’d love to share a beer with him one day.

FFC Mariner

Haven’t listened to the pod just yet but saw shauns opening message on Mariners TV. As much as we get frustrated with him or misdirect anger at him. He’s such a bloody good bloke, he’s in probably one of the hardest job in Aussie football. I’d love to share a beer with him one day.
The pod was the 1st time the real Shaun came out - I have been super critical of him for not coming out to defend the club. He pretty well admitted that he wasnt allowed.He is a genuinely good human being and I hope he can keep the club alive (for his sake, I kind of dont care any more to be honest)

Reactions: adz

turbo

Was thinking the same thing, it’s a shame the club made a nice pre game initiative and had it bumped to a ridiculously early time slot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami