• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Club Ownership

JB16

. agreed

. how many of the people that keep pushing this agenda* are able to contribute more than a couple of bucks per year (out of the ~$3m needed) ... i.e. 30,000 people would need to be chucking in $100 a year, every year ... just to maintain the status quo (assuming we maintain success and everything else on the pitch) - at the very best, maybe 10% of that would be possible

. and that doesn't even consider the initial buy in ... which is what Mike has been holding out for all these years - and would be multiples of these figures

* i am not trying to discourage the passion, just trying to be realistic
People pay $400 for membership, add a opptional extra fee however much you want to add, therefore that solves part of that problem

crock

Tbh right now if apl were to get our license back we are unlikely to have a club and finding the right investor to support the club is easier said than done

JB16

If we have 6000 members, and those 6k members pay 400 roughly in membership. Start fund-raising, If each member payed 250 we would raise 1.5mil.Just saying. It's not impossible, if we put brains into it there is a chance we can make this happen.

Meerkat

IMO the community ownership thing is a bit of a fantasy and the club should be chasing more/bigger corporate sponsors, more members - I guess thats where the community comes into it. The sponsors not sure why we only stick to local companies when we play in a nationwide comp that also plays in Asia. We could also get a sports betting company on board, they have lots of cash. They're no worse than a crypto company. :popcorn:
Imagine if we retained corporate sponsors instead of lost them.

Huddo

So let me get this straight.

RP guts the club's operations team, he then guts the management team, he brought in his own people from his areas, and talked about building a community club.

Then he leaves the club.

Bloke is a tool.

For as much as people may not like Charlesworth he's a hundred times better than this knob. No false hope there.

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

RP guts the club's operations team, the then guts the management team, he implemented brought in his own people from his areas, and talked about building a community club.

He then he leaves the club.

Bloke is a tool.

For as much as people may not like Charlesworth he's a hundred times better than this knob. No false hope there.
Thats the nicest take Ive heard from people on the inside - you his mum? :)

Last edited:

turbo

RP guts the club's operations team, he then guts the management team, he brought in his own people from his areas, and talked about building a community club.

Then he leaves the club.

Bloke is a tool.

Setting up the team (and therefore the spend), all those personnel changes then bailing was a bit of a shit move.

The maths never seemed to stack up when Rich had us crying poor so who knows what the real situation is now.

JackMariner

Great farewell message imo,

Slightly concerning in regards to the second last line of his message saying he’s $7 million out of pocket?

If that’s really what Rich has personally spent the last couple years chasing success one can fully understand him walking away, but I think we can all assume MC will not be putting anywhere near as much money in.
Maybe $70k

Michael

So. You are agreeing he couldn't meet the hurdles so he quit?
No criticism. I don't have the money to fund a club either. The community should.
The central coast soccer community couldn’t be more divided. It would never work. Half are euro snobs, the rest hates each other because of the grassroots club you represent. Then the smallest % turn upto games on a regular basis. That small % can’t fund a footy club in a “professional” league.

JB16

The central coast soccer community couldn’t be more divided. It would never work. Half are euro snobs, the rest hates each other because of the grassroots club you represent. Then the smallest % turn upto games on a regular basis. That small % can’t fund a footy club in a “professional” league.
It could be done, let's be real here it probably won't happen. It can be done just look at the likes of Germany and other countries that have fan funded clubs, even Wrexham at one point were fan owned. Just saying🤔

bikinigirl

If we have 6000 members, and those 6k members pay 400 roughly in membership. Start fund-raising, If each member payed 250 we would raise 1.5mil.Just saying. It's not impossible, if we put brains into it there is a chance we can make this happen.

. i don't mean to be offensive and only somewhat dismissive ... but this is where the fantasy starts to come in:
  • i would say our members on average are paying far less than $400 each (some slightly more, many much less)
  • i'd prefer to base it on something like $250 average (but i don't have any idea beyond what i pay in the highest category)
  • this would mean you are asking every member to essentially double their membership fee (every year)
  • that is every man, woman and child. every pensioner, part-time member, each person in a family membership
  • during a cost of living crisis
  • for a team in perpetual financial peril
  • in a league that is even worse financially
  • to raise a mere $1.5m
. i already contribute more than 3 figures to the club every year which i reckon probably puts me in the top few percent of fans* ... and it would have to be one hell of an argument to convince me to contribute - which suggests you would have as much chance of raising your (grossly inadequate) $1.5m as you would getting Rich to re-consider

. i think it would be closer to the mark to suggest 200 people willing to contributing $100 pa. for $20k - which would be enough to pay for one scholarship player (now Anton is gone too). not exactly a long term ownership model

* definitely not bragging because I know people spend more but just trying to provide some context. the problem is sometimes people assume that everybody would do the same as them - when the numbers actually suggest otherwise

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeikeDeBoo