• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Stadium

turbo

according to the official bid book no
Checked your link and I stand corrected. Good info, the way I read that though someone could still say actually we’d rather go here instead?

It looks like distance to stadium, airport and suitably sized accommodation would be the main issue counting against us. I’d imagine you’d be talking about training out of CCS, playing in Sydney and staying in Terrigal which doesn’t compare well to some alternatives offered.

Last edited:

pjennings

There will also be an extra 8 teams. I would say that one of the extra teams could choose Terrigal/CCS to play out of Newcastle rather than Coffs Harbour or Port Macquarie.

No direct flights from Coffs listed but a flight from Port Macquarie to McDonald Jones is 65 minutes. When you add 5-10 minutes to the airport plus a 25-30 minute coach trip to the stadium then total travel time is 105-115 minutes. A 77 minute coach trip with no change is an easier and quicker option.

Another alternative is if you are talking about a high profile team playing out of Sydney then they may prefer a lower key environment that the Coast offers.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
We gotta get the stadium before we can do anything with the bankrupt bowlo...and we ain’t getting the stadium

jacobsfl

went to ccl yesterday a few hours after the penrith v warriors game
they were wrestling some dead beat at the sign in desk
then various other dead beats at various club locations ..

hilarious
I haven't been there in nearly 12 months and it doesn't surprise me.

Pirate Pete

Central Coast Council in deep shit financially. Surely off loading the stadium would be a good idea.
Just heard it on ABC news. State government are stepping. Unfortunately the news is in the Terrorgraph.
Shock $89m budget blowout: Council faces ‘liquidity issue’

Central Coast Council has announced it is facing “an immediate and serious liquidity issue” following a review of its budget which reveals it’s current deficit is likely to double

Pirate Pete

I heard on the radio, Monday or Tuesday, that there was a council meeting to discuss the debt etc.
Apparently one of the ideas is to sell the council building in Gosford. Although no idea who'd want it.

I wonder if the stadium issue is going to be raised again?

Don't know if it's been mentioned but debt is now rumoured to be around $320 million.

Tevor

I heard on the radio, Monday or Tuesday, that there was a council meeting to discuss the debt etc.
Apparently one of the ideas is to sell the council building in Gosford. Although no idea who'd want it.

I wonder if the stadium issue is going to be raised again?

Don't know if it's been mentioned but debt is now rumoured to be around $320 million.
To be honest I’ve given up on this pipe dream. I’m not sure it would be in our best interests at the moment either, do we want the rights with only 2k of people turning up to mid week games. Not sure the club can afford to run the stadium. No idea on the numbers but surely you need a decent crowd to cover your costs for a game. What are our membership numbers like with a month to go? It’s been pretty quiet on that front but I would take an educated guess they are down on last year.

pjennings

To be honest I’ve given up on this pipe dream. I’m not sure it would be in our best interests at the moment either, do we want the rights with only 2k of people turning up to mid week games. Not sure the club can afford to run the stadium. No idea on the numbers but surely you need a decent crowd to cover your costs for a game. What are our membership numbers like with a month to go? It’s been pretty quiet on that front but I would take an educated guess they are down on last year.
I understand your comment - but the difference here is that it is not 'the stadium'. It is a retail area leading as a sage gateway to the waterfront. The stadium is only open maybe 20-25 days a year. Retail could be open 365 days a year.

That said -in a Covid19 world does this even stack up. If there is a safe vaccine then by this time next year it probably would - at the moment probably less so.

Avoca

The Central Coast Council has the option of taking out a loan. However, it would be more beneficial of them to work with Mike Charlesworth. Previously, the Mariner’s redevelopment plans have been rejected by council. Now is the time to revisit these possibilities.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami