• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Boys conquering the world

adz

Staff member
I'll have a look at that later, I think there was some round-about way of splitting stuff into new topics that had to be done but not sure.

eenfish

Just delete all the posts relating to ex-Mariners playing abroad, and move this thread over to the general section.

uXs

I think it's a combination of having the same back-4 the last few weeks (and a good back 4 at that, our right-back for example is young and inexperienced on that position but incredibly talented and with tons of potential), and a very good (and sometimes very lucky) goalkeeper. I think our strengthened midfield is also playing a part.

As for the change in manager, it's hard to tell. He hasn't made a lot of changes yet, because that's risky: we're winning our matches, and we want to keep doing that. So it's no use changing everything right now: we want to start playing better, but there's no need for a sudden, brutal, change in style of play. It'll be a gradual process. Which, admittededly, will probably begin with keeping a stable defense.

Also worth mentioning that most of our goals conceeded were from (right after) setpieces. Better organization will have a large role there.

eenfish

Five ex-Mariners! Top stuff! Great stuff for the club, and great stuff for Wilko! So stoked for him. Hopefully he will replace Neill by World Cup.

bikinigirl

And one more is a Central Coast junior. Over a quarter of the national team have played either junior or senior football on the Central Coast - definitely the centre of the football universe!!

. i wonder why people are excluding a certain someone :unsure:

. so happy for wilko :vhappy:

bikinigirl

. imagine a spine of ryan, wilko + sains, jedi + oli (wherever he may be played) & tomi !

. sains also deserves a crack regardless of whether he can keep himself awake at training

. no, i was actually referring to a certain someone selected in the squad. he did 'represent' the club hence wore the yellow and navy but i don't believe played for us in a league fixture ... or are you just suffering from a selective memory?

. understandable if you are

priorpeter

. imagine a spine of ryan, wilko + sains, jedi + oli (wherever he may be played) & tomi !

. sains also deserves a crack regardless of whether he can keep himself awake at training

. no, i was actually referring to a certain someone selected in the squad. he did 'represent' the club hence wore the yellow and navy but i don't believe played for us in a league fixture ... or are you just suffering from a selective memory?

. understandable if you are

Lol. Sorry that will teach me for not reading your post properly. Please ignore my previous post!

James Netherlands

James? That's a funny way of spelling Judas.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred