• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australia Cup Round of 32 vs Hindenburg United

true believer

I absolutely hate when he, or any striker does that.
What will our out ball be when the striker drops to DM to make a tackle? At any level of the game. Trust your midfield to win the ball back. Be the forward option. Only press the opposition players in your area (CB’s & DM’s)
I think he's following orders .he gave some nice passes . I could be wrong but i suspect jacko is turning him into a 10/8

Corsair

That game was lost/ won on attitude.

Hindenburg wanted it more

That’s that
Not good,
The, wonderful ,Mariners never say die attitude needs a reboot
Not sure I saw anyone giving up (apart from eventual fitness issues), basically just not good enough at taking chances, not fit and not played together enough. When we look at this team in December it'll be a different story.

How do you measure commitment through a tv screen?

Not sure I saw anyone giving up (apart from eventual fitness issues), basically just not good enough at taking chances, not fit and not played together enough. When we look at this team in December it'll be a different story.
Fair comment
Believe you’ll be right
Never said we gave up
But how many 50/50 balls did they win in the match ?
Heidelberg were up for it , more than us .
What I think and I’ll stand by that

Big Al

"4 competitive A League games until Diesel starts"

Big Al, what do you mean by this? Is he not available for first 4 games?
As @priorpeter correctly assumed it was purely cheeky because we are replicating last year. Loose the cup in 1st round.

Paull will get the first chance at the 2nd CB spot. He will make mistakes. We loose the 1st 4 games. Every one thinks it’s over then Diesel comes in. Becomes Dan Hall or Triantis and we go on to win everything again

And to be clear there is no reason Diesel can’t play the first few games

FFC Mariner

As @priorpeter correctly assumed it was purely cheeky because we are replicating last year. Loose the cup in 1st round.

Paull will get the first chance at the 2nd CB spot. He will make mistakes. We loose the 1st 4 games. Every one thinks it’s over then Diesel comes in. Becomes Dan Hall or Triantis and we go on to win everything again

And to be clear there is no reason Diesel can’t play the first few games
He can't that's not the plan. We have to lose the 1st 4 games
Paull and Wilson need to start

Meerkat

He can't that's not the plan. We have to lose the 1st 4 games
Paull and Wilson need to start
It truly was a bit of Deja vu 😳
Love to see a trajectory that ends the same but could absolutely do without the 4 game deficit straight up.
To be honest though I think many are still in dreamland, treble winning heaven, thinking we will miraculously get better and win the league. Nice place to be but I can’t truly see it ending in a threepeat.

Corsair

It truly was a bit of Deja vu 😳
Love to see a trajectory that ends the same but could absolutely do without the 4 game deficit straight up.
To be honest though I think many are still in dreamland, treble winning heaven, thinking we will miraculously get better and win the league. Nice place to be but I can’t truly see it ending in a threepeat.
Top 6 will get us a chance and all we'll need by then is a chance.

On the face of it we're highly likely to get mauled in Asia though, unless there's a rapid improvement or some expert bus parking.

Wombat

Not impressive at all but we still battled hard enough for the win.

Keeper is sketchy but still looked better than Jack and our old keepper Sozer.
Mauragis is good.
Didn't get the love for Diesel at all tbh. Hopefully he improves or we are in the shit.
Midfield is very lightweight apart from alfie who was easily our best player.
The Brazillien looks very promising.
Alou and Edmo cost us the game tbh.
We massively felt the loss of Nizzy.

priorpeter

I am in the majority that didn’t think Kuz was good. Couldn’t get past or round the defense an his crosses and corners were bad.
I’m assuming you mean minority?

Re-watching Kuz’ first 15~ minutes - 3 out of his 4 corners connect with a team mate ( 1 taken short), 1 corner into a good area but not hitting a team mate, 3 out of 4 dribbles completed, and 3x corners won.

More than acceptable for a player who is not only coming back from an ACL injury, but also running for Storm who was knackered at RB.

Last edited:

shipwreck

So am I right in suspecting that Jacko is thinking a back 3 for this year, and that explains why Paull got the start.

Noticed often when we pushed forward Muraugius would be a LW essentially and Paull would be way left...would explain why he started out of nowhere too

Hello Sailor

That game was lost/ won on attitude.

Hindenburg wanted it more

That’s that
Not good,
The, wonderful ,Mariners never say die attitude needs a reboot
Actually I blame it on our supporters at the game [yes we could hear it on the telly. Good effort btw] by cheering "Yellow Army" when the Burgers were the team wearing yellow :)

Last edited:

AuzDutchy

So am I right in suspecting that Jacko is thinking a back 3 for this year, and that explains why Paull got the start.

Noticed often when we pushed forward Muraugius would be a LW essentially and Paull would be way left...would explain why he started out of nowhere too
Looked to me like we were playing a back 4 in defence and shifting to a back 3 when we attack, 1 FB drops into the back 3 and the other joins as a winger, very similar to how Jacko played last year.
1 of the things that makes Jacko seem levels above other Aliga coaches, is his flexibility in formation during a game, he'll change between a back 3, 4 or 5 depending on the opposition/game situation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred