• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australia Cup Round of 32 vs Hindenburg United

Corsair

We haven't got room in the cabinet for another trophy anyway.

Think we've seen enough of Paull and Wilson for this season. Smith needs a lot of fitness training.

Lot of positives though, Alfie looks the goods. Just hope Edmo can show quality now he's going to start getting opportunities.

Mauragis looks a good signing too.

turbo

We looked worse than most of the other ALM sides I’ve watched so far and it wasn’t our opponents doing. Lots of work to do.

Michael

If you’re shocked that a high end NPL side at the peak of their season beat us with pure energy in a cup designed to give NPL teams an advantage, you’re a silly bugger.
If you’re drawing conclusions about the season ahead from a game 2-3 weeks into pre season, you’re an even bigger silly bugger.

I can’t believe I have try convince others yet again. There was positives even this early in our play, the chances were there for us to win. Alou didn’t take them. Yeah Pav had a mare for the 3rd, guess what? That happens to young keepers. Gonna wanna be prepared for it to likely happen again, hope it doesn’t but it very well could from him or jack.

Alfie was good, will be huge this year. Positive signs from vitor, Mauragis and diesel looks a classy CB when he’ll be fit. Good to see Kuzi back too.
Biggest takeaway? They weren’t fit or sharp (SHOCKING).

MrCelery

To be fair, Heidelberg were pretty decent. As expected, we didn't have the quality of Nizzy, Ballard, Vuka and Farrell. For the new players, Deisel, and Mauragis looked good. Jury is still out on the rest.

Tevor

Use to Cup disappointment, not jumping to any conclusions. I think we have only been back for two weeks. A lot of work to do but I’m sure Jacko doesn’t need to be told that.

I’ll leave any judgement on the season until January 2025. Not going to shoot my mouth off this season.

Last edited:

pjennings

I really like kuz tonight.
So did I - he looked a lot better than Storm who was very rusty. Kind of proves the point that playing more games makes you better even if Kuz has missed a lot of the NPL season he is well ahead in terms of game time. Kind of backs up @Michael 's point about a match fit NPL side against a side just back to training trying to integrate a bunch of new players.

Still plenty of positives but unfortunately a lack of competitive games before the ACL Elite and ALM. I also don't think transfers in and out are finished.

Last edited:

Huddo

Meh.

I'm not upset by the loss.

Our first game with about half a dozen new players, against a good team which has the season under them.

Would have preferred the win, but it's about ensuring the team gets the minutes in so they are gelling before the ACL and league.

There are some solid positives, and things that need improving, MJ will be on it.

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

Silly pre season comp designed to engage the NPL
Stuff we already knew?
Buying Kuol was a mistake
Paull and Wilson aren't good enough.
We are a CM short
We have too many full backs
Stuff we found out?
New Brazilian, Alfie and Diesel are quality.
Keeper is solid.
Kuz is 100% a starter
Doka is not a 10

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred