• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM semi first leg v Smurfs away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Dog

Kuol needs someone to mentor him into how to move as a striker. He is incredibly frustrating to watch and offers very few options for his team mates when they have possession. I've watched games where we've played from one side of the field to the other looking penetrate the defence and he just stands there watching. Watching Ibusuki for Adelaide was a good example of how much he has to learn. Add to that Cummings from last season. Always looking to create or make space. I still feel we have the most improvement to come with our strikers.

Huddo

Kuol needs someone to mentor him into how to move as a striker. He is incredibly frustrating to watch and offers very few options for his team mates when they have possession. I've watched games where we've played from one side of the field to the other looking penetrate the defence and he just stands there watching. Watching Ibusuki for Adelaide was a good example of how much he has to learn. Add to that Cummings from last season. Always looking to create or make space. I still feel we have the most improvement to come with our strikers.

I dunno what's happened to his head, before he left, he was incredible with his head, he's just not attacking the ball with his head any more.

This made me moist.

Last edited:

Ads

Lolly missing is a blow but their system will still break us if we do the same thinking as last 2 times we met.

We have to study hard all the moments that beat us last time and study in detail what the teams did that beat them.

If we have to boot it and let them have the ball to build a proper attack than so be it. Most their goals are from stealing possession so I hope we aren’t stubborn and try what worked against others teams except them.

I have to agree this game does call for maybe a 4-5-1 with Nizzy not as a 10 but as a third centre mid at least for 3/4 of the game.

If we boot it then they have to thread back through a very heavy midfield.

The back 5 didn’t work last game so I say we absorb but with a middle 5 and let our fullbacks focus on defence instead of being scoring / assisting wingbacks at least for half or 3/5 of the game.

And Theo / Tapp etc have to be instructed to shield ball and if in doubt 40/20 that shit, no one to get stuck with ball under feet and no passes that aren’t 90% chance or below.

The end.

nero

Lolly missing is a blow but their system will still break us if we do the same thinking as last 2 times we met.

We have to study hard all the moments that beat us last time and study in detail what the teams did that beat them.

If we have to boot it and let them have the ball to build a proper attack than so be it. Most their goals are from stealing possession so I hope we aren’t stubborn and try what worked against others teams except them.

I have to agree this game does call for maybe a 4-5-1 with Nizzy not as a 10 but as a third centre mid at least for 3/4 of the game.

The back 5 didn’t work last game so I say we absorb but with a middle 5 and let our fullbacks focus on defence instead of being scoring / assisting wingbacks at least for half or 3/5 of the game.

And Theo / Tapp etc have to be instructed to shield ball and if in doubt 40/20 that shit, no one to get stuck with ball under feet and no passes that aren’t 90% chance or below.

The end.
Was Faz missing in the last two games against Sydney?
I recall them attacking the right side loads in the last two games.

With Faz there I think we have a far better chance of a result or draw.

Insertnamehere

The end.
I think you go 1 of 2 ways with this Leipzig press. They like to get the ball back as close to the attacking box as possible leaving no defender in their half.

You either go hoofball and load up a striker and winger on the ball side and try to pinch one over the top.
Or you just congest the f**k out of game and make it a scrap to even move the ball when we lose it. Bit of a rugby game with a rolling maul.

Ultimately it'll be both at times

Big Al

I think you go 1 of 2 ways with this Leipzig press. They like to get the ball back as close to the attacking box as possible leaving no defender in their half.

You either go hoofball and load up a striker and winger on the ball side and try to pinch one over the top.
Or you just congest the f**k out of game and make it a scrap to even move the ball when we lose it. Bit of a rugby game with a rolling maul.

Ultimately it'll be both at times
Got to rope a dope them before going long.

The holes are on the far side of the ball and it’s risky to get there but when you do you have holes and half the pitch free

A lot of our issues with it are lack of speed and our style of play is controlled so when we break it we often play back into it by going backwards as we like to do when we build up.

A Monty team ironically would be better. The nix also have speed and did well but also had some issues similar to us.

Our other problem is we have been hit quickly successively.

First game we were shell shocked and conceded some scrappy goals but it was 3 in 25 and we were gone.

2nd game we held out for a lot longer but we gave up some great chances to them to have great saves or last ditch defence save our bacon but we couldn’t get out of our half. Then 2nd half once we broke they again scored quick after.
If we concede we must stop the avalanche and the second goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred