• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Semi 2nd leg v Smurfs (Our Paradise)

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
ONCE AGAIN...that drooling moron of a nitwit whistle blower f**kED everything, Faghani is a absolute disgrace, the man has his own f**king rulebook , his probably here cause he got chased out of Iran by the football fans, and as for the idiot who thought hiring him was a bonz thought , he , she or they need Centrelinking NOW....as for the game, could of been better BUT it matters not a jot, we got the GF in Gossie on a Saturday , I should of moved earlier , it could of happened sooner...still, swings and roundabouts

oh and Danny , when f**kwit red carded you , you should of just walked over , stood next to Talay and said " I aint going unless this whining f**k goes too"
COYY

bikinigirl

That ball was on the field for 60 seconds before Storm touched it, play was moving towards the second live ball, storm kicked it, how do you cop a Yellow for kicking a ball that's on the field? You can say his intent was to stop play, doesn't change the fact the ball was in the field.

. he seemed to be thinking: 'should a pop over and kick it out ... no, that will put me (the team and the tie) in a vulnerable position because play could then continue with me out of position'

. his best option was to force the issue which he did

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

To be honest - after watching the replay that is all that there is. The rest were correct calls (or at the very least not clear and obvious errors).

Brattan's handball was off the chest not the arm. Brian bounces off an offside Gomes before he tries (probably unsuccessfully to clear off the line - but there was not enough to even prove that).

The only real controversial one was when the ball hit Max. VAR deemed it was in a natural position. I suspect if Faghani had given it then it wouldn't have been overturned. So in that decision we were lucky he didn't call it.

Quick question for our refs. Does the ref have the remit to tell Danny to sit down. I thought IFAB ruled that only one person in the box should be standing. MJ was sitting down (having already received a yellow).

I agree that the Max one was controversial, and while it wouldn't be overturned if it was given, I think it was the right call. Now, the only real angle we have is side-on which is the worst possible view, but looked like his arm was fairly close to his side and no chance to react, so it shouln't be given. But if it was, it wouldn't be a clear and obvious error. But yes, we wer lucky and I was very nervous until play was restarted that it could be a VAR call. We've seen less get overturned, and more not get overturned.

The issue with the refereeing wasn't the couple of big calls - it was every other call.

As for the 'sit down' bit - that's not in the LOTG. The LOTG only state that only 1 team official can convey tactical instructions at any time. I know a lot of competitions have this 'only 1 can stand' rule, but I hate it - it's not in the LOTG.

Then to give 2nd YC because he started to sit down, went up again slightly then sat down....FFS, just disgraceful refereeing in every way. Not to mention it came off the back of a period of Faghani refusing to penalise a number of blatant fouls.

It's funny how we've all forgotten last weekl's refereeing performance which was absolutely atrocious....but it was bad in a different way. That one was just bad as in 'ref's clearly not got his head in the game'. This was bad as in, anybody except the match assessors and coaches who has watched Faghani, knew it would go like this.

I felt like there was one period of time where he was definitely getting really one-sided....probably not an intentional bias, but seemed like we got frustrated, started demonstrating that and he got offended and didn't stay impartial. Wasn't until a while later when we calmed down that we started getting a couple of decisions. Even the commentators were commentating that we finally got one (then later on their SFC bias returned)

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

. he seemed to be thinking: 'should a pop over and kick it out ... no, that will put me (the team and the tie) in a vulnerable position because play could then continue with me out of position'

. his best option was to force the issue which he did
Nah, best option was to leave it be. If SFC went down that wing, play would be stopped, so it's only helping us. Basically a traffic cone defender ;)Kicking the ball up into play would, of course, earn a card.

Meerkat

I was a member for 15years, the 2 I haven’t been is this season and last. Circumstances change, didn’t feel like a real member not being able to go to every home game.
Isn’t it like $2 a month for a membership with benefits, without season tickets? “Can’t get to home games” is exactly why they did that! I can’t see an excuse now. But yes, if you are fine with that, you wait for the public sale.

bikinigirl

Nah, best option was to leave it be. If SFC went down that wing, play would be stopped, so it's only helping us. Basically a traffic cone defender ;)Kicking the ball up into play would, of course, earn a card.

. not trying to be argumentative - but you are placing unwarranted faith in Faghani (that he would have stopped play) ... more likely that he would have thought 'well i know which is the live ball so we don't have a problem'

. to my uneducated eye the play had already come close enough to the second ball ... and nothing was done

VonBowellski

I was a member for 15years, the 2 I haven’t been is this season and last. Circumstances change, didn’t feel like a real member not being able to go to every home game.
I live in QLD, been a paying non ticketed member for the last 8 years. It's $36 a year (or whatever) which is down from the $50 it use to be. I literally went to my first home game this weekend. I go to the nearest away games when i can, i engage regularly on this forum, i follow the team on socials. I still feel like a real member.

Insertnamehere

Isn’t it like $2 a month for a membership with benefits, without season tickets? “Can’t get to home games” is exactly why they did that! I can’t see an excuse now. But yes, if you are fine with that, you wait for the public sale.
They wanna sort out the $6.50 fee first.

style_cafe

I agree that the Max one was controversial, and while it wouldn't be overturned if it was given, I think it was the right call. Now, the only real angle we have is side-on which is the worst possible view, but looked like his arm was fairly close to his side and no chance to react, so it shouln't be given. But if it was, it wouldn't be a clear and obvious error. But yes, we wer lucky and I was very nervous until play was restarted that it could be a VAR call. We've seen less get overturned, and more not get overturned.

The issue with the refereeing wasn't the couple of big calls - it was every other call.

As for the 'sit down' bit - that's not in the LOTG. The LOTG only state that only 1 team official can convey tactical instructions at any time. I know a lot of competitions have this 'only 1 can stand' rule, but I hate it - it's not in the LOTG.

Then to give 2nd YC because he started to sit down, went up again slightly then sat down....FFS, just disgraceful refereeing in every way. Not to mention it came off the back of a period of Faghani refusing to penalise a number of blatant fouls.

It's funny how we've all forgotten last weekl's refereeing performance which was absolutely atrocious....but it was bad in a different way. That one was just bad as in 'ref's clearly not got his head in the game'. This was bad as in, anybody except the match assessors and coaches who has watched Faghani, knew it would go like this.

I felt like there was one period of time where he was definitely getting really one-sided....probably not an intentional bias, but seemed like we got frustrated, started demonstrating that and he got offended and didn't stay impartial. Wasn't until a while later when we calmed down that we started getting a couple of decisions. Even the commentators were commentating that we finally got one (then later on their SFC bias returned)
Im not a Faghani fan but to be fair he didnt get much apparent support from his assistants. They may have been talking I don’t know but the continued shithousery from both teams (mainly Sydney) affected the game. At the very least they both should have flagged for fouls.

Yorkshire Mariners FC

Im not a Faghani fan but to be fair he didnt get much apparent support from his assistants. They may have been talking I don’t know but the continued shithousery from both teams (mainly Sydney) affected the game. At the very least they both should have flagged for fouls.
There was one clear one near us in the corner that the assistant clearly flagged for a foul and Faghani completely undermined and overruled him. The assistant would not be game to flag again.

Big Al

To be honest - after watching the replay that is all that there is. The rest were correct calls (or at the very least not clear and obvious errors).

Brattan's handball was off the chest not the arm. Brian bounces off an offside Gomes before he tries (probably unsuccessfully to clear off the line - but there was not enough to even prove that).

The only real controversial one was when the ball hit Max. VAR deemed it was in a natural position. I suspect if Faghani had given it then it wouldn't have been overturned. So in that decision we were lucky he didn't call it.

Quick question for our refs. Does the ref have the remit to tell Danny to sit down. I thought IFAB ruled that only one person in the box should be standing. MJ was sitting down (having already received a yellow).
After every thing that happened it all came down to Fagharni not calling the penalty on Max and VAR for one of the first times this season not trying to interfere.

As horrendous as Fagharni was and he was atrocious we got the calls that matter.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred