• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Semi 2nd leg v Smurfs (Our Paradise)

Big Al

Defense wins Championships.

After the first 15min onslaught SFC really didn’t trouble us to much apart from Offside goal.

I worry about our attack but we find a way.

Credit to the team to stay so disciplined last night in defence.

I thought Tapp was immense in the midfield and the back four and Danny unbelievable.

Corsair

I live in QLD, been a paying non ticketed member for the last 8 years. It's $36 a year (or whatever) which is down from the $50 it use to be. I literally went to my first home game this weekend. I go to the nearest away games when i can, i engage regularly on this forum, i follow the team on socials. I still feel like a real member.
Bit of a shit game but hope you enjoyed the trip and the occasion. Back down next weekend?!

MrCelery

I was a member for 15years, the 2 I haven’t been is this season and last. Circumstances change, didn’t feel like a real member not being able to go to every home game.
Not sure I understand you logic. Why do you need to attend every home game to feel like a member? We have loyal members and fans around the world - some who never get to a game. 15 years a rusted on Mariners fan you should have no doubts about your loyalty.

Big Dog

I was sitting near the fourth official. I really don’t get their purpose? If they’re not going to assist the ref with calls he doesn’t see what is the point of them. The big two handed shove to the back on Farrell was seen by everyone except the ref apparently. Jacko complains to the fourth official and next thing Fargarni is over there to give him a yellow. It’s like a kid dobbing on his brother to his Mum because his feelings are hurt. Infuriating.
And the last two yellow cards by Fargani. Dona kicks the e ball away after Sydney fans blow a whistle for full time. Then Farrell gets one for not throwing the ball in when there is NO ball to throw in.
We kind of knew it was coming though. Glad to get through and regroup for the GF

MrCelery

Maybe time to kick off this thread?

I hope we get a decent ref. Please let it not be Alireza Faghani. I actually like that he lets play flow. But against hackers like Sydney he would be giving them a distinct advantage.

Was I right? Or was I right?

Faghani - deserves a thread all to himself.

Dissecting his performance:

POSITIVES
1) He got most calls right
2) He ignores handball calls that are clearly unintentional
3) He doesn't like anyone giving him lip, eg. Brattan, Isais, et al
4) He lets play flow as much as possible

NEGATIVES
1) He missed a lot of glaringly obvious niggly fouls, pushes, etc.
2) He's such an officious prick, like your worst teacher, cop, etc.
3) He's got zero rapport with players and coaches
4) No one can guess what bizarre call he's going to make next
5) He's waaaaaaay too quick reaching into his back pockets when a quiet word would do.

Last edited:

Tevor

I’m over giving Faghani any more air time. When a game as important as that semi is all about the Ref and both side feel hard done by then it’s a failure on the League and who ever thought he was the right official for that match. Should have been such a better game than it was and for such a huge occasion.

Elder wasn’t really any better in the other game to be honest. Vuck fans feel like the over came 12 players as well.

King has to get the GF surely. I think it will be a good game against us and the Vuck as both teams like to play football.

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

He missed the absolutely glaring pen against us - I'll take that as I think they would have gone on to win the game and go through if they scored 1

Reactions: adz

ccf

Im not a Faghani fan but to be fair he didnt get much apparent support from his assistants. They may have been talking I don’t know but the continued shithousery from both teams (mainly Sydney) affected the game. At the very least they both should have flagged for fouls.
Ref's will tell assistants things they want them to flag, Faghani I would say would tell them not to flag anything as I am in control.

Ironbark

For mine - if the ref simply called the fouls as they occurred (even without cards) then the game would have been played properly. In the end it was a Sydney hackfest as expected with no flow. The other calls, wrong or right, weren't that big a deal. But just letting players transparently foul without consequence changed the entire dynamic.
Without that ref influence I think we would have won anyway. Vuka really didn't have that much to do over the whole game, although his couple of involvements were crucial. Fouls getting called would have let us actually play a bit more which would have swung the pendulum more in our favour.

Well done to the team for finding a way through yet again.

Feel sorry for Wellington who deserved to be in the GF, but I think MV were the easier of the 2 for us to get so there's that.

Thankfully all yellows are irrelevant heading into the GF, so it was a good thing no one got a red which could so easily have happened with Random-Faghani at the wheel

priorpeter

It will be Kingy for the GF I’m told.

No chance I’m sharing my code for tickets, even if I’m working and don’t need to buy. Be a member or don’t, but don’t beg for the benefits if you choose to not be a member.

f**k Sydney.

Faghani was atrocious.

I’m a little hungover and never drinking again for a week.

Thank you for listening to my TED talk.

Huddo

Just looked at the bank account, I feel like I could have bought beers for half the stadium last night.

Last night, along with the Ivy Lounge pricing happening at Stadium Merivale last week (most expensive beer shower ever) has made it a very expensive Fortnight.

So worth it though.

adz

Staff member
Just looked at the bank account, I feel like I could have bought beers for half the stadium,so worth it.

"just get one, just get one, just get one"

"... four lagers and a tray please"

giphy.gif

Meerkat

Just looked at the bank account, I feel like I could have bought beers for half the stadium last night.

Last night, along with the Ivy Lounge pricing happening at Stadium Merivale last week (most expensive beer shower ever) has made it a very expensive Fortnight.

So worth it though.
$26 for two trays of chips lol.

Very expensive fortnight but thankful we aren’t travelling. A few years ago, us in a final would have been an away trip guaranteed. So we are ahead? 😂

true believer

Was I right? Or was I right?

Faghani - deserves a thread all to himself.

Dissecting his performance:

POSITIVES
1) He got most calls right
2) He ignores handball calls that are clearly unintentional
3) He doesn't like anyone giving him lip, eg. Brattan, Isais, et al
4) He lets play flow as much as possible

NEGATIVES
1) He missed a lot of glaringly obvious niggly fouls, pushes, etc.
2) He's such an officious prick, like your worst teacher, cop, etc.
3) He's got zero rapport with players and coaches
4) No one can guess what bizarre call he's going to make next
5) He's waaaaaaay too quick reaching into his back pockets when a quiet word would do.
6) he is a distinct danger to player safety

Corsair

I thought Tapp was immense in the midfield
Funny how perceptions differ, maybe depending on where you sit. I thought he struggled and had one of the worst games I've seen from him. Knocked off the ball and dispossessed a lot, quite out of character but possibly because the ref was so shit.

I loved seeing a marked increase in ball speed and crisp passing when we came out after HT. I do think Jacko and Danny are very good at analyzing games while they are happening and adjusting accordingly. Not many coaches can do that well.

true believer

Funny how perceptions differ, maybe depending on where you sit. I thought he struggled and had one of the worst games I've seen from him. Knocked off the ball and dispossessed a lot, quite out of character but possibly because the ref was so shit.

I loved seeing a marked increase in ball speed and crisp passing when we came out after HT. I do think Jacko and Danny are very good at analyzing games while they are happening and adjusting accordingly. Not many coaches can do that well.
i thought tapp was near mom and certainly top 3 . from bay 39

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred