• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Semi 2nd leg v Smurfs (Our Paradise)

Insertnamehere

Faghani works against us in that he'll let Sydney get away with grubby play

He works for us in that he'll slap every Brattan-whinge with a yellow

He doesn't like to give a card except for when his decisions are questioned
First half will be a free for all for Smurfs. Faghani let's everything go in the first half. They'll be going hard and pressing shit out of us. There'll be boots left in, guts punched, sacks whacked. You watch. I call a brutal half of football coming.

turbo

Faghani the ref.

Kate Jacewicz and KGJ at the VAR console together what could possibly go wrong

Yikes. Faghani is probably the worst case scenario for us as Sydney will have free rein to hack and chip away at us. We need to be smart about that and not be looking for easy calls no matter how correct they are. He would be fine if it were us v Nix next week because neither team is particularly dirty or cunning but Sydney are.

sydmariner

nero

Yikes. Faghani is probably the worst case scenario for us as Sydney will have free rein to hack and chip away at us. We need to be smart about that and not be looking for easy calls no matter how correct they are. He would be fine if it were us v Nix next week because neither team is particularly dirty or cunning but Sydney are.
Is that worth a goal for Sydney?

ryan

Faghani the ref.

He is the worst ref in the league. He lets everything go until he loses control of the game and then when someone has the nerve to question him about it he gives them a yellow card. He was the 4th official in the first leg and the first yellow card went to our assistant coach on the sideline. He will let Sydney kick us from pillar to post. He is terrible.

Big Al

Faghani the ref.

One of you predicted or worse gave the league this idea earlier in the thread. 😡 absolutely worst ref for this occasion and team. Not sure (apart from SFC conspiracy) how he gets a semi gig.

Gave DS the assistant coach a yellow early in the first leg because he can’t handle the truth. This stinks

Ironbark

Don't worry about the ref. There's every reason to believe we win this.

We all know anything can happen in football but no doubt we're hands down favourites to go through.

I'm just going to enjoy being in that position, and as much because the boys earned and deserve to be in that position

turbo

Don't worry about the ref. There's every reason to believe we win this.
It’s more a case of the team has to be planning around him which isn’t a great reflection on the ref tbh. Go in knowing his style and what to expect from Sydney as a result and we’ll be in a good spot. Drop for soft free kicks and it’ll cost us when they aren’t forthcoming.

I don’t think he’s a biased ref but it can look that way when one team plays to suit him and the other doesn’t.

MrCelery

It’s more a case of the team has to be planning around him which isn’t a great reflection on the ref tbh. Go in knowing his style and what to expect from Sydney as a result and we’ll be in a good spot. Drop for soft free kicks and it’ll cost us when they aren’t forthcoming.

I don’t think he’s a biased ref but it can look that way when one team plays to suit him and the other doesn’t.
Yes indeed. I agree, I don't think he's biased. He will treat with scorn any milking of free kicks. We have a few players a bit prone to this. I just hope he can spot a genuine foul.

Big Al

You should plan around all refs as they all do something a little differently but it’s the unpredictability that’s a concern. He can let a lot go and then as frustration builds he will give a ticky tacky foul after you adjust and come in hard and then players get frustrated with him and then the yellows start flowing.

We absolutely have to be careful for the red pay back but also be aware of playing through contact and not expecting fouls we get all year.

The Asian cup has us prepared we just need to put it into action

Big Al

Will be interesting to see how Sydney line up.

Do they start all out or do they let the game flow and come at us late.

They traditionally start hard and fast against us with success but last game it didn’t work because there press was
A) worked out and we handled it better
B) the change of players meant they weren’t as fluid as a group. No lolley Coutney Perkins higher up.

Surely wood and Kurchaski get minutes and they are the players we struggle with. Very fast and hustling hard.

Do we go Alou to start or Ed and have Alou for the break when they press late in the game to try catch us and we can get Alou 1 on 1 with his pace.

Also extra time is a possibility so that effects the subs as well.

Allreet?

I don't think they pressed us at all last match. Looked like they were trying to wait for us to collapse physically but injuries and cards blew their plan.

I think they'll certainly return to the press this week and that means we have to soak it up for 15/20 mins. Do we stack the midfield? Lump it long for a speedster? Nizz has been great wherever he plays but is he more important breaking up attacks or providing a dangerous outlet when we beat the press?

Tough one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred