• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Grand Final vs Victory 23/24

booney

Unfortunately have work related commitments on the weekend.Might be home in time to catch some of the action on P+.
The stadium was rocking for the Sydney match so all those who go need to be in fine voice to drown the Vic thugs out.

Big Al

We will beat them.Popa ball is to defend doggedly. You want us to have the ball champ?
Bold strategy
No they dominated possession against us and we played the 5 at the back in Melbourne.

Will be another SFC style hoping to put something together on the counter

turbo

No they dominated possession against us and we played the 5 at the back in Melbourne.

Will be another SFC style hoping to put something together on the counter
Last time we had no Farrell, played the AFC game against the bulls a few days earlier and we've grown since while they stagnated. Victory havent got form for pressing like Sydney can, they might try but I cant see them pulling it off over a full game or even half. We'll have to work for it but I'm much happier playing them than Sydney

FFC Mariner

Last time we had no Farrell, played the AFC game against the bulls a few days earlier and we've grown since while they stagnated. Victory havent got form for pressing like Sydney can, they might try but I cant see them pulling it off over a full game or even half. We'll have to work for it but I'm much happier playing them than Sydney
Agree. I was nervous as hell about Sydney and that didn't settle during the game either.

Big Dog

Melbourne will have a similar setup to Sydney but won't be as energetic or disciplined with the press as Sydney. Hopefully allows us to play more of our game in possession. As good as our defence has been we don't want to be relying on just good defence and hope to win a Grand Final.

booney

Melbourne don't have a Joe Lolley but do have a lot of players who can score-Fornaroli,Arzani( if he is allowed to play due to yellow card issues),Ikonomidis,Velapuillay,Machan,Folami and Brimmer .In fact have more potential goal scorers than FC so we have to be careful especially of Ikonomidis who comes on as a late sub and often scores vital goals.Teague is a smart player and will try to take Nizzy out of the game( and Nizzy did not have much impact in the second semi final.Their CBs,Miranda and Da Silva ,are very good and Kuol and Edmondson will have problems imposing them selves on this duo.

Michael

Melbourne will have a similar setup to Sydney but won't be as energetic or disciplined with the press as Sydney. Hopefully allows us to play more of our game in possession. As good as our defence has been we don't want to be relying on just good defence and hope to win a Grand Final.
I expect our boys to go back to playing with confidence on the ball. As you said, victory don’t press nearly as hard as Sydney. Machach is probably their biggest threat imo, Tappy and Max will need to contain him. Bruno can always pop up with something, but the rest of their threats can be contained. We need to be very clinical on the attack. I want big eddy starting, he’s more of a outlet up front than alou has been and big ed’s link play has improved. throw alou on late or give Jing another crack.

finally retired

It seems some trackwork this weekend too....trains only from strathfield to Gosford, and not many back after the game. Might be lots of pissed off Melbourne fans if we are lucky.

Wedgie

It seems some trackwork this weekend too....trains only from strathfield to Gosford, and not many back after the game. Might be lots of pissed off Melbourne fans if we are lucky.
From what I read on here there's always trackwork hence why I got a hire care and am staying there for 2 nights. I'm hoping ubers are good to get to the game and back to Pt Clare or it may be a long drunken walk across the bridge.

Allreet?

Tickets purchased.

Couldn't get the usual Bay 17 as multiple tix not available. Hopefully we're attacking the usual end second half - I'll be watching along the 18 yard line.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred