• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM/ALW R12 "Unite Round" - 12-14 January

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
yep agreeing with FFC, a lack of a sniper is hurting....but as its been mentioned "i'll take that point" ....Jacko got the group together , not sure about moving nizzy back , I mean him and Angel were just getting some sort of telepathy or some such happening , probably only due to staffing issues this week, nice to see DWH looked hungry as when he hit the pitch.....STILL, Poppa's pack of nitwits' dropped more points with minutes to go...goodonya , drongos....oh, and MV wouldnt have scored without the pelanty ...so yeah
3 Faz
2 Nizzy
1 Brian

Last edited:

booney

Good result against a defence oriented team.Stupid penalty to give away-everyone seemed to waiting for someone to make the challenge but when it came it was too late and the foul resulted.

With all the absentees and with no more Tulio a lack of creativity was evident though when Nizzy worked his way up the pitch he worried the Victory boys.They are a very physical team( Popa's teams always are) and well organised in defence.

Wilson had a go as did Theo but no end product for both.Kuol missed a sitter and was monstered by Miranda and co.DWH looked fresh and pressed well and needed that run to get his confidence back.

Great midfield splitting run by Balard and the pass was exquisite.Well taken by Jing who kept his cool in the one on one with Izzo.Loved that Victory players looked deflated at the end of the match.

Arzani has nimble feet but could not last the ninety minutes.No wonder Arnie overlooked him for the Asian Cup squad.

Stuartmcateer

Arzani has nimble feet but could not last the ninety minutes.No wonder Arnie overlooked him for the Asian Cup squad.
As McGree showed last night, you don’t have to play for 90 minutes if you do your role.

Last night was crying out for a player with close ball control and nimble feet who could run at a tired defender rather than just hang crosses up and hoping duke wins a header.

Archie

We looked like a team who only just lost their best player but to fight back and equalise was a great sign of mental strength and resilience. However it was very frustrating how we often gave away possession quite easily and how we kept making runs along the sideline to cross it in when there would only be 1 player in the box, that through ball through the defence was always the way to go, (credit to Jing there as we’ve seen twice in recent weeks a ball come into him like that and he doesn’t commit but this time he did.) Alou should’ve scored in the 14th and that was a lazy penalty to give away from Dan which is unfortunate as he has been going well lately. Stinking hot in the ‘away bay’ yesterday, we were all sweating in the sun, I’m sure if it was in the shade there would’ve been heaps more yellow shirts in seats in the active bay as everyone was really trying to escape the sun which is fair. We got $ity next at home and that should also be a challenge but I know we are good enough to win, hopefully we can announce a signing between now and then aswell as our squad depth is a bit thin at the moment. Onto the next.

pjennings

I t
It was honestly bad from all 3-4 of the boys in that situation. Those things happen, max was excellent otherwise yet again, as was the entire backline.
If Dan leaves him from behind I think Brian would have stopped him head on.

Last edited:

Allreet?

What a joke he is player of the match. Only played 70 mins and not even in the top 10 for players index
He is the enemy and all, but I thought he was head and shoulders best on pitch.

He shouldn't have been anywhere near Sydney though. After watching that load of wank last night against India, how many were crying out for someone like Arzani to come on and f**k shit up?

midfielder

Most have already expressed my thoughts..

This is just a couple of not so mentioned comments.... Storm had an absolutely one of his 9 out of 10 games, so much play down his side and his passes into the box should have lead to at least one goal.

Wilson & Theo, ,,, Wilson gave his all he ran and ran and ran, he made heaps of mistakes and he is a bench players... but he run himself into the ground and IMO he gets 10 out 10 for effort and 5 out of ten for for game but by heaven he gave his best....

Theo, another who ran himself into the ground, improved game on previous weeks, a very good last 20 minutes sub...

Special mention for Jacko, on paper we should not have got close to MV, on balance we were the better team, BTW anyone got any idea how many yellows they got...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred