• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

AFC Cup

Ironbark

I know you jest… but no thanks 😂
Absolutely doesn’t pass the no dickhead policy. Let him see out his last couple of years in Auckland.
I'm not a McLaren fan and don't want him at CCM...but in fairness my brother in VIC is mates with him and by all accounts he is a warm and decent guy

priorpeter

Who made the call on all of them? Surely wasn’t Jacko?
Who’s actually taken over Ken’s role in regards to the academy? Simmo?

I agree with you, many of those boys should’ve been kept on. We f**ked up on that one… but I see the idea the club has come up with, seems like they’ve got this new group in to build them up together for in… let’s say, 2-3 seasons time be ready.
It just doesn’t make sense, quite a few of the previous group were perfectly ready for aleague and could’ve been kept on for atleast this season and played some academy etc.

I wanna know who made that call to basically start again, early, with academy 1st grade.
Monty made the call on most of them.

Not sure who’s call it was to go in with 2 u20s squads though.

Huddo

Monty made the call on most of them.

Not sure who’s call it was to go in with 2 u20s squads though.

To be honest most clubs in the Aleague don't require a second first 11, this is just a negative product of our success.

You'd think the more senior the second squad the more expensive it would be to maintain. If we weren't so successful we could maintain our pattern of blooding youth.

Last edited:

Huddo

Sure, but someone like L Bayliss would have been perfect to plug the hole when Niz inevitably goes, Windust for Hall next season, J. Bayliss cover in the centre of the park or at Lb/Rb… anyway, I’m a broken record on this 😂

I'm with you (personally I think ZZ should never have been released.) But we arent privy to the demands of the players, and the expectations of the management.

Wombat

Sure, but someone like L Bayliss would have been perfect to plug the hole when Niz inevitably goes, Windust for Hall next season, J. Bayliss cover in the centre of the park or at Lb/Rb… anyway, I’m a broken record on this 😂
None of them are starting 11 players Pete but like you say they are decent cover. I do feel like we have dropped the ball on Yoof since we parted company with Ken.

Big Al

None of them are starting 11 players Pete but like you say they are decent cover. I do feel like we have dropped the ball on Yoof since we parted company with Ken.
Beach absolutely is and should have been our next keeper. Way better than Warshvoski and good pick up by City but they go with Young.

L Bayliss was not great in the last year Monty was here because they played him more midfield instead of stiker where he had been dominant and as soon as went back he scored or was dangerous again. He should of at least been given ago.

The rest i agree. Solid players but just not good enough including Windust

Huddo

Beach absolutely is and should have been our next keeper. Way better than Warshvoski and good pick up by City but they go with Young.

L Bayliss was not great in the last year Monty was here because they played him more midfield instead of stiker where he had been dominant and as soon as went back he scored or was dangerous again. He should of at least been given ago.

The rest i agree. Solid players but just not good enough including Windust

I dunno, Winddust seemed more than capable the several times he came on league matches.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred