• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

AFC Cup

Insertnamehere

From what I have seen from Big Ed so far, it is a case of Jason Who? I'm loving him.

As for Ronnie, he is a 21 year old project player. Let's see what we get out of him, there is definitely some quality there to work with.

My only concern is the nature of the relationship with Portimonense. His contract with them is up at the end of the season. My assumption when we signed him was that we had a few months to look at him and he was then ours on a free if we wanted him.

But this new tie-up with Portimonense suggest that we are just giving him some coaching and experience and if he starts to look the goods they will take him back and we get nothing
Could be first option agreement too. We look at and sign players they've had with the understanding they get first chance to sign them back.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
WELL, Its all been said already, so much and many cudos to Big Ed and a give em heaps young man to Brandtman
P.S Prior on the ground mic last night , Mrs Recky reckons his got a Bruce Buffer from the UFC tone when bellowing 3EDMONSON at full volume :thumbup:

Rising Sun

Becoming? He’s always been excellent with a dead ball. Clutch free kick for 25 yards in the 90th minute of the 2020 NPL2 grand final immediately springs to mind.
"Becoming" maybe appropriate in the sense that his dead ball skills have been criminally under utilised at AL level and I am not sure why under Monty given he knew what he was capable of.
I struggle to remember what I have for breakfast these days so may be mistaken but I can't recall him taking a free kick or corner before at senior level.

I'm calling it now that by seasons end he will have broken his ALM duck from a free kick and Ed, Brian and Faz will have all scored with headers from his pinpoint corners

priorpeter

"Becoming" maybe appropriate in the sense that his dead ball skills have been criminally under utilised at AL level and I am not sure why under Monty given he knew what he was capable of.
I struggle to remember what I have for breakfast these days so may be mistaken but I can't recall him taking a free kick or corner before at senior level.

I'm calling it now that by seasons end he will have broken his ALM duck from a free kick and Ed, Brian and Faz will have all scored with headers from his pinpoint corners
Fair. He’s always had a few ahead of him in the pecking order at senior level, but he’s had the rare opportunity here and there.
Same - I actually said on the pod last week that he will score a free kick before the season’s out, so either we’ve put the mocker on him or he’s about to start banging them in ?

Big Al

Pretty composed and controlled game. Was always worried we were leaving ourselves open to the one magic touch and conceding but we finally got the second thanks to Ed. Nice pass Stormy and i like Ed hitting it first time.

I talked Di Pizzo up about his touch against SFC but he was bad last night but it seemed a few were having issues with hitting the ball to hard or it running away but Di Pizzo has played better.

Ed runs were great but best was him throwing his body around. If the ref let’s you do it.

I think Niz and Torres need a spell but hopefully the few days off will help them and everyone else.

Smallish crowd but thought the atmosphere was good considering.

Bring on the Meth heads. Should be a really good game

pjennings

Pretty composed and controlled game. Was always worried we were leaving ourselves open to the one magic touch and conceding but we finally got the second thanks to Ed. Nice pass Stormy and i like Ed hitting it first time.

I talked Di Pizzo up about his touch against SFC but he was bad last night but it seemed a few were having issues with hitting the ball to hard or it running away but Di Pizzo has played better.

Ed runs were great but best was him throwing his body around. If the ref let’s you do it.

I think Niz and Torres need a spell but hopefully the few days off will help them and everyone else.

Smallish crowd but thought the atmosphere was good considering.

Bring on the Meth heads. Should be a really good game

The grass seemed to be a lot shorter. I suspect the team were not use to the pace of the surface

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred