• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

AFC Cup

true believer

Really enjoyed that and proud to be one of the hardy 2000 to turn up and support the boys. Loved Big Ed geeing up the crowd behind the goal.

COYY.
what i liked is. so many tuned up after kick off . getting in from work .
their the MOM of the night

ps ed'o was pretty tasty on the night . but it's the drive bys and marcelo sunday.

how fk'n good is football

Last edited:

Rising Sun

He’s been deployed as a #9 at academy level, but from what I’ve seen has the ability to play as as a #9 or #10.
I’ve not actually asked him what his preferred role is tbh. I suspect he could also do a job wide for us in a pinch.
His first season in 20s he played as an out and out winger. Probably most effective centrally but can certainly do a job wide. Would have fitted in nicely in the 2023 model Mariners where the front 4 could seamlessly rotate at times.

Michael

Barcellos is fine, he’s shown enough of his base level in glimpses imo to prove he’s of a good level. But he’s young, we know what that brings… inconsistency.

Also very happy for big Eddy getting his goals, will improve his confidence and I’m sure he’ll feel proper settled now and hopefully kick on.

Rising Sun

Edmondson made so many quality runs tonight and the team ignored almost all of them. His off the ball movement is above Cummings level, if we can train the team to see/predict the runs and make the pass he will bang goals for fun.

There are 3 players that are the top candidates for playing him in, Niz, Ballard and Torres, yet I think it'll be Faz that finds him the most. The development in Faz this season is incredible and it feels like there's more to come.

I'm seriously impressed with Edmo, he's levels above the Aleague, but someone needs to step up and find his runs. He's even pointing exactly where he wants it.

In other news, sadly I don't think Ronald is gonna make the cut. Reminds me of Paul Ayongo, lots of effort not much product. Let's hope I'm wrong.
From what I have seen from Big Ed so far, it is a case of Jason Who? I'm loving him.

As for Ronnie, he is a 21 year old project player. Let's see what we get out of him, there is definitely some quality there to work with.

My only concern is the nature of the relationship with Portimonense. His contract with them is up at the end of the season. My assumption when we signed him was that we had a few months to look at him and he was then ours on a free if we wanted him.

But this new tie-up with Portimonense suggest that we are just giving him some coaching and experience and if he starts to look the goods they will take him back and we get nothing

Michael

My only concern is the nature of the relationship with Portimonense. His contract with them is up at the end of the season. My assumption when we signed him was that we had a few months to look at him and he was then ours on a free if we wanted him.

But this new tie-up with Portimonense suggest that we are just giving him some coaching and experience and if he starts to look the goods they will take him back and we get nothing
That’s exactly what it is. That’s how these kind of club partnerships work, we give him playing experience, hopefully his performances help us along, we also don’t pay his wages.
There will obviously be other parts to the relationship, we may get a pre season training tour in portugal. Probably share scouting knowledge etc. maybe when one of their more senior players is on the outer there they may get offered to us.

Edit- I said a long time ago when Staj was in charge, we should be looking to the Portuguese market because the monetary side of things outside the top 3 is quite similar to here but the player quality for the most part is much higher. I’m ecstatic that first Monty and serge tapped that market, but even happier the club has continued that and started to cement it. If we keep getting a couple visas from portugal when we need them, we’ll do well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred