• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

AFC Cup

Tevor

nice win 4 goals is security as i expect them to be a class above at home
1all in india
I don’t see them beating us 5 nil. It will definitely be harder over there and some interesting comments on socials that Odisha were missing their drink breaks they normally get because it’s so hot in India. Thought that was a bit harsh. Good thing is we have heaps of experience playing in humid conditions so I’m feeling pretty comfortable for the return leg. Agree the Ref was terrible and that’s the lottery of AFC, the one who did the game against the Cows was very good.

Allreet?

I don’t see them beating us 5 nil. It will definitely be harder over there and some interesting comments on socials that Odisha were missing their drink breaks they normally get because it’s so hot in India. Thought that was a bit harsh. Good thing is we have heaps of experience playing in humid conditions so I’m feeling pretty comfortable for the return leg. Agree the Ref was terrible and that’s the lottery of AFC, the one who did the game against the Cows was very good.
That's because he hated both teams equally, which is the most you can ask for in Asia.

Big Al

Loved Steele’s aggression. He has not mucking around like everyone else was which is exactly what he should be doing to show he deserves minutes again.

Him and Ed had the energy we needed to put the game and both legs out of reach.

I thought they were shit and we should have been press harder earlier to out it out of reach

turbo

Agree with some of the comments about the ref. I didnt think he screwed us on any big calls though perhaps there were some more valid penalty shouts, hard to tell from the stadium, but especially once we got up a bit the 50-50s were going heavily against us and the standard for a yellow was not equal.

I thought Odisha showed some hints of what they could do at times, Danny made a regulation but important near post save in the first half and I felt like they were always a chance to pinch a goal against the run of play. They had no control over the game though and that was all us. They'll have to throw the kitchen sink at us next game so that should give us chances to score more.

dlanod

Hally MoM, some great challenges and incisive passes, one in particular to Edmo with the shot only just going wide. Onto the Cows, let's put some daylight between us and third.
Every time he goes on a run it scares the beejezus out of me because it looks like a giraffe dribbling the ball, and I wait for a turnover and him to be out of position on a counterattack. But then he seems to do enough to keep it despite how it looks.

Stuartmcateer

Hally MoM, some great challenges and incisive passes, one in particular to Edmo with the shot only just going wide. Onto the Cows, let's put some daylight between us and third.
That pass to edmo is the one that nobody looks to play generally - especially on the left side of the pitch.

He regularly makes that run between the defenders but we don't play the pass, or wait too long and then knock a poor pass that gets intercepted.

turbo

That pass to edmo is the one that nobody looks to play generally - especially on the left side of the pitch.

He regularly makes that run between the defenders but we don't play the pass, or wait too long and then knock a poor pass that gets intercepted.
Very frustrating. Understandable early but stands out like a sore thumb now that he should be properly embedded in the team. Perhaps the rotation between Reec, Kuol and Edmo isnt helping as the other two position very differently.

Stuartmcateer

Perhaps the rotation between Reec, Kuol and Edmo isnt helping as the other two position very differently.
I haven't seen Reec make a run yet. His heat map would be a half pace straight line up the middle from halfway to the edge of the box.

Even when he got the chance early there was no urgency to take it on. He just sort of ambled into the box.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred