• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ACL Elite vs Buriram @ Our Paradise

Meerkat

I called it, sure I’m not the only one, as soon as the lineup went up.

Regardless of Pav’s apparent potential, he lacks experience and he’s not up to this level.

Nor is Jack.

We are pushing up shithill with our GK’s in a wheelbarrow.

Stuartmcateer

Alright I’m all aboard the pavlesic hate train.
Bit harsh. Not sure hate is justified. (My kid is a goalkeeper so I have a bit more tolerance these days).
That was incredibly f**king stupid to come that far out for a ball he was never winning. Back your defender to get back and hold the attacker up. Every. f**king. Time.
100% his own doing the send off. It's really a bad read to think he can win that ball.

nero

Was coming down for this one but $85 for family tickets, no food, hour drive both sides of the game convinced me to stay home and watch.
Great being in the top tier but sort of wish we were in the second tier.
Last season the AFC games gave us momentum, forwards scoring, clean sheets, setting up combinations, etc
All helped with the teams results in the AL

Spacks

Was coming down for this one but $85 for family tickets, no food, hour drive both sides of the game convinced me to stay home and watch.
Great being in the top tier but sort of wish we were in the second tier.
Last season the AFC games gave us momentum, forwards scoring, clean sheets, setting up combinations, etc
All helped with the teams results in the AL
Agreed, I'd love to be back in the ACL 2. Bigger prize pool than last year as well!

Ancient Mariner

It is going to be an interesting season. Forget silverware. The interest is going to be to watch who develops and find out who are pretenders.
Starting at the back.
Goal keepers. Like Australian wicket keepers if you get injured and someone takes your place it is a struggle to get back. The position is now Warsasky's to loose.
Centre backs. Is Paul another Key Rowles and will he develop in a similar fashion. Centre backs need old heads will be interesting to watch if the Club has the patience.
Brian Kaltak is a gun and can be the best in the league, but not with inexperience beside him. Maybe the Club should have cashed in when they had the chance.
Storm should hav been captain tonight. How long can he keep going. Fullback is a young man's position. maybe he should move into the backup CB role.
Mauragis. One I want to watch. Great goal. Maybe he really is a winger in disguise. Interesting.
Doka. he can play anywhere and now is probably the only top quality attacking player left in the team. Has skill, ability, passion and commitment. Hope we have him on a long contract so that we can at least cash in when others see this.
Theo. I suspect a good journeyman. Useful in a quality side but not good enough when others around him are lacking.
Central midfield. WE have three players who can cover Ballards position (none as good as he), but no Nizz replacement. The lack of creativity will be what cruel our season. I suspect we paid too much for McClymont. May shine in a good team but not someone to do the heavy lifting alone. Looking to see Harry and Steeley developing and leaving him behind. (big call).
Strikers. Kuol is still living on a couple of A league games before cashing in in Germany. Good luck to him, but he is not good enough in the current set up. I suspect he was told that before tonight's game and at least put in the effort.
Edmo. Huffs and puffs and pus himself about but is he really only English third tier standard and not good enough here.
Possibly being cruel to both strikers without someone providing, but neither seem able to do it alone which is what this team needs.
I look forward to watching the development of Ngor, Di Pizza, Brandman and feijoa. Definite possibilities among them. am sure Pete can name some others to follow.

The Club has been gutted over the last two years of its spine and quality. It is time to be realistic and prepare for a serious ground up rebuild.

It is time to go back three years and look for the positives in the up and comers and forget the results. I suspect if you are result oriented you are going to be disappointed. This squad can play some exciting attacking football. If not too much is expected, then it could be fun. Try and enjoy.

Yes I have been partaking of some Scapa beverages, but see how far I am out as the season progresses.

If I am correct you can then call me Ancient Nostradamus.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred