• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 12 - 2016 - 2017

Rowdy

As for those writing off Archie, Ernie Merrick thinks your all daft.

Archie Thompson still A-League quality believes Phoenix coach Merrick:

20160517001257025087-original_0.jpg

Ernie Merrick is convinced veteran Archie Thompson still has what it takes to play in the A-League again next season – and not just for one of the struggling clubs that is desperately trying to find an answer.

(worth) Read more .....
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/arti...league-quality-believes-phoenix-coach-merrick

Rowdy

And I'd have to agree with Ernie, who I think is a very underrated Coach, especially if you focus on what Merrick's saying in the above article about creating a role for Thompson to play in a squad coming off the bench or even starting knowing your not going to get a 'full 90' out of him.

Comparitively, you only have to look back to our season just gone, we couldn't even get the 'full 90' out of a young bull like Mitch Austin or even Fab on a regular/ consistent basis.

As a 'super sub' and on a wage not far of the A-League minimum (which would have to be well above what he'd earn playing in the Victorian NPL2) Archie imo would make a good 'back-up' option for RO'D when he's gassed out from the fast paced - high 'press' that the Irishman longs to play.

Add a 2nd CB like Giancarlo Gallifuoco, a keeper like Ante Covic (both of whom have been shown the door and will def have something to prove).

Spend the BIG $$$'s on the creative Attacking Mid and we'll be well on our way back to being competitive, maybe even top 6.

ryan

I would take Archie on a small wage if possible. He has shown the desire to play on and would be a very useful addition to the squad. I've always disliked him playing for Melbourne because he has been a thorn in our side many a time

JoyfulPenguin

If on more than minimum I don't think he's worth it especially if it means we get a worse option for another position. At this point does he really offer more than Josh Bingham, Trent Buhagiar or Lachlan Wales and even then not considering their potential sell on values. He will most likely return to Victory in some sort of coaching role after he retires offering nothing in that respect to us as well. I disagree with Ernie Merrick's assessment of his creative skills when he was played as a number 10 in the ACL they struggled for killer balls time and time again.

Luca Brasi

New keeper according to sportingnews.com rumour

Sydney FC reserve goalkeeper Ivan Necevski has agreed terms to join the Central Coast Mariners.

Necevski will join the Mariners on a one-year deal alongside former team mates Jacques Faty and Mickael Tavares.

The 36-year-old custodian is seen by the Mariners as an interim stopper while last season’s first choice Paul Izzo continues developing.

FFC Mariner

They are taking the piss arent they?

Fraudsley continues his global search and they sign yet another cast off. He is state league at best

Decision to sit it out until these wankers go vindicated

JoyfulPenguin

Limited goalkeeping options out there at the moment and I can see the need for experience but not the need for a player who hasn't played a professional game since 2013. Bray and Heward-Belle both offer more not only for the first team but for "moneyball" purposes. Unless he has more potential as a goal keeping coach than Nash I can't see why we need him.

Rowdy

Limited goalkeeping options out there at the moment and I can see the need for experience but not the need for a player who hasn't played a professional game since 2013. Bray and Heward-Belle both offer more not only for the first team but for "moneyball" purposes. Unless he has more potential as a goal keeping coach than Nash I can't see why we need him.

Not entirely tue with regard to limited options 'out there'.

I would have preferred a 40 year old, quality proven Ante Covic in a fcuk'n heartbeat then a 36 year old Necevski- who has failed to cut it as a No.1 Keeper.

Covic would have been happy to have signed even a 12mnth contract with us, with the possibility of another, if needed & he would have been a viable candidate to transition into a GK Coaching role at CCM at the end of his career.

We needed a reliable, experienced GK after the season we just had.

Ante Covic,
• over 200 games played for o'seas clubs
• over 180 games played for 4 different
A-League clubs.
• 2 caps for the Socceroo's
....... easily would have provided what we need.

Ivan Necevski 47 appearances in 8 years at SydFC - quite clearly DOESN'T.

Tony just can't shake his love for 'dumpster diving', puts all sandal wearing freegan's to shame. :(

Ancient Mariner

I can understand the signing of Crazy Ivan if:

He is playing as an amateur,
He is paying a rego fee,
He is bringing along a mate who is a world class #10,
He is providing his own equipment plus nets,

Failing all those, I could understand it if it is some sort of trade deal trade for Izzo to become SFCs backup and we are still looking for a #1.

Seriously though, he is an improvement on Izzo but I really hoped for better.

We really cannot afford to have another season with a keeper not up to A-League standard. I hope he proves me wrong.

JoyfulPenguin

Not entirely tue with regard to limited options 'out there'.

I would have preferred a 40 year old, quality proven Ante Covic in a fcuk'n heartbeat then a 36 year old Necevski- who has failed to cut it as a No.1 Keeper.

Covic would have been happy to have signed even a 12mnth contract with us, with the possibility of another, if needed & he would have been a viable candidate to transition into a GK Coaching role at CCM at the end of his career.

We needed a reliable, experienced GK after the season we just had.

Ante Covic,
• over 200 games played for o'seas clubs
• over 180 games played for 4 different
A-League clubs.
• 2 caps for the Socceroo's
....... easily would have provided what we need.

Ivan Necevski 47 appearances in 8 years at SydFC - quite clearly DOESN'T.

Tony just can't shake his love for 'dumpster diving', puts all sandal wearing freegan's to shame. :(
It's not yet confirmed Ante Covic is leaving Perth especially now considering Perth's goal keeping target Brad Jones is being targeted by Ajax. Ante is what we need but it's still unknown whether he will be available and apart from him what other experienced A-League goal keepers are out there at the moment? The only other experienced goal keeper possibly available is Tando Velaphi who isn't the preferred goal keeper in a J-League relegation fight.

nebakke

We really cannot afford to have another season with a keeper not up to A-League standard. I hope he proves me wrong.

I know essentially nothing about him but, the response from some of the Sydney-siders out there seems to be that they don't understand why he hasn't been given more of a chance over the last year-or-two, so while they might not rate him, they don't seem to consider him a disaster either... It's not what we should be looking for but, considering the market out there and the promise of bringing in a keeper with some experience, I can't say that I can see many other options that are available to us.
I would've preferred Vuk, but what can you do?

nebakke

The only other experienced goal keeper possibly available is Tando Velaphi who isn't the preferred goal keeper in a J-League relegation fight.

F*** THAT! I'd rather Izzo - and that's saying something... In fact, I think I'd prefer Izzo in goals and Pazzo as backup, over Velaphi going anywhere NEAR our goals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred