• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Victory v Mariners

Insertnamehere

I find watching Silverra frustrating. Others have said that he has no support. I have been seeing someone who goes one touch too far, when he should pass, and then ends up swamped.
I can see a lot of positives, but there is a way to go.
Prefer to see him play wider and cut in. But as a team we try and dribble through the CBs on the outside of the box too much.

onto it

Prefer to see him play wider and cut in. But as a team we try and dribble through the CBs on the outside of the box too much.
Silvera can't pass, doesn't score enough goals, doesn't defend... what is he doing in the team? He's a cheap sub only.
Wide players need to be able to look for the pass, and give it. Silvera clearly gives the ball away more times than he gives a pass. Unfortunately, although he has some talent, he seems to be too egotistical to work on his deficiencies.

jacobsfl

Our gameplan was too generic; just play it to Oar and hope the cross can find someone. Silvera added nothing in attack and ultimately bringing DRD on for him won us the game. I really did hope Da Silva would learn from Milan's playing style because he'd be such a great player if he played and controlled the game like Milan.

onto it

- Milan was excellent. We all know he's a class player, but we can't afford VISA players who are not going to be 90 minute players for the majority of the year. What we will miss most is his maturity and intelligence on the ball. The opposite of players like DDS, who we are clearly better without. We have to have players in our central midfield who can keep the ball under pressure, pick the right pass, and be expected to contribute at least 5 goals.
- Stens had a shocker against Perth and still has horrible moments, but has redeemed himself last two games and I think he'll develop into a very good player.
Yep, Milan was quite good in this game. I think though, the punters are swayed by he hope that one of his many long range shots will go in... It's heart rate raising stuff until we see that another has been missed, along with possession. He is getting on though and it is easy to see why he is not in a European League more competitive than the A-league. He does not have the pace or stamina for the modern game, at a decent level.
Making a comparison with Stens... here you have the top tackler in the entire league according to the stats (yes, the most tackles). I would not be surprised if he did the most kilometres per game as well. This is not difficult to see if one actually watches a game through less than blinkered eyes (just look at the first three minutes of this Victory game). Staj sees this and has consequently played Stens a lot. The team needs an attack disrupter and that is Stens main role, usually after our mostly useless forwards have given it away (Sammy...).
I agree that Stens was well below par in the first two games after the lockdown, but has bounced back to good form. I think he and Nizzy really compliment each other in the middle. The destroyer and the creator.

What is most interesting for me is to see that we have a whole new young crew coming through, and, at last, a striker deserving of the title. Come on next season!

booney

Now that the team showed that they can play football and also defend better it is a pity that there aren't another three or four games left so they could really gel .

The positives for this season include the emergence of Nisbet and Ruiz-Diaz and the professionalism and heart shown by Gordon and Birraz.Also Clisby showed a lot of improvement as the season went on even prior to the Covid shutdown.Fox looked the goods when he returned and I think Rowles is definitely improving.Stensness is certainly a tough tackler and does cover well but he must work on his passing as he is putting pressure on himself and the defenders by turning over the ball with poor passes ,having often done the hard work to win the ball.Silvera shows flashes of brilliance but is not a ninety minute player at this stage.Lewis Miller is another youngster who did well but needs to work on his passing and defensive positioning.

Milan showed class but his lack of pace made his contribution less beneficial to the team than I thought it would.However his pass to set up RDR for his third goal was worthy of admission to the game in itself.

If next season is to be the last on the Coast let's hope CCM goes down in a blaze of glory giving the competition a real shake.

Wombat

I find watching Silverra frustrating. Others have said that he has no support. I have been seeing someone who goes one touch too far, when he should pass, and then ends up swamped.
I can see a lot of positives, but there is a way to go.

A shit load of potential.

Wombat

It’s a mental not physical thing for him. He doesn’t necessarily need to bulk up. Nizzy has no problems manning up.

Nizzy is a ball of muscle and has a low centre of gravity. We are not easy to shift and if you over exert then we draw an easy foul. Short players are the Blacks of Football.....we are protected.........i could butcher some 6ft striker and say sorry ref im getting slow now......no worries mate, just watch your tackles. Short players matter!

Wombat

Silvera can't pass, doesn't score enough goals, doesn't defend... what is he doing in the team? He's a cheap sub only.
Wide players need to be able to look for the pass, and give it. Silvera clearly gives the ball away more times than he gives a pass. Unfortunately, although he has some talent, he seems to be too egotistical to work on his deficiencies.
He is just a kid. Since the resumption his workrate has been immense.

Last edited:

marinermick

He is just a kid. Since the resumption his workrate has been immense.

Immense is an utter and total fabrication. Stensness’s workrate is immense. Silvera’s is mediocre.

I don’t know how many times I was frustrated to see him watch a defender waltz past him without him making an effort to close him down. I don’t know how many times I was frustrated because he didn’t make a run to receive the ball or make space for another player.

There was a play in the second half where two Victory players collided with each other in the box, they fell over and the ball was free. Silvera made no effort to even get near the ball. He wasn’t even on his toes. If he was he might have had a shot on goal.

onto it

Immense is an utter and total fabrication. Stensness’s workrate is immense. Silvera’s is mediocre.

I don’t know how many times I was frustrated to see him watch a defender waltz past him without him making an effort to close him down. I don’t know how many times I was frustrated because he didn’t make a run to receive the ball or make space for another player.

There was a play in the second half where two Victory players collided with each other in the box, they fell over and the ball was free. Silvera made no effort to even get near the ball. He wasn’t even on his toes. If he was he might have had a shot on goal.
I totally agree.
It seems, judging from observations of onfield and off field behaviour, that Silvera sees himself as something of a superstar. Chasing the ball is best left to lesser mortals like Messi, Aubameyang, Firmino, Salah....
I can't believe how much the fox boys rave about him. It shows how blind they are.

FFC Mariner

Look. As a fringe player coming off the bench for Sydney he would look great
Maybe he needs better players around him to do his running?
Melling has a huge workrate so it's not the be all and end all

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami