• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Stajcic Era, a Partnership of desperates or a Marriage Made in Heaven?

Wombat

They had a couple of new players trying out. A very young kid at RB and a CM. He looked like a young Jedi with the full beard. Both were not lacking in confidence.
No Yoof as they were playing Manly last night.
Fox was back in favour.

onto it

To my mind you've got 2 guys trying mould 25 guys. In terms of management span of control you lose control after 8. So in theory we should have 3-4 guys reporting to Staj. That's where I think Monty and the yoof guys should help.
Implementing Stajs training plans. Assisting guys 1 on 1. Providing extra curriculas.
Totally agree. We are supposedly a pro club for jolly goodness sake.
Develop the young lads, give them game time, sell them off, make some money, start again....
That can't be done if they're only given strategy sessions.

Dodz

I agree with Bozza. Staj should step aside, he is changing the team everyweek seems he doesnt know what he is doing
He got the tatics completely wrong this week.
MOM Nizzy was subbed with 20 minutes to go.
Staj couldn't even watch the penalty, he pulled his cap down over his eyes disgraceful!
Let Monty take the team for the rest of the season.
We are heading for the spoon so can't do any worse

Ads

I agree with Bozza. Staj should step aside, he is changing the team everyweek seems he doesnt know what he is doing
Staj couldn't even watch the penalty, he pulled his cap down over his eyes disgraceful!

I whole heartedly think we need some stability in keeping a coach for more than a season.

However I have to say I don’t think Staj has gotten it right tactically, even with the inherited players I believe we have just enough strength or did have to gain more draws than work towards some wins once confidence builds.

After pressing high in a few games and wing backs coached incorrectly in my opinion. We opened ourselves up to consecutive losses which is where the confidence drops with each loss.
As well as the coach continually changing to try and find a winning formula with a nervous and low confidence team.

If Staj uses the same tactics and formations with a similar or even better quality team next year we will be exposed and bottom of the table again.

Everybody has to share responsibility of course but there is 1 huge fault that Staj has coached which is evident and hasn’t been fixed.
So until I see some improvement in the way the defence slides (+ the team) and the wings backs only go forward after receiving the ball first or ‘when appropriate’ I am actually onboard with Staj leaving.

I also think we have a better chance at attracting players with a new coach that is not linked with the failure of the previous year.
And possibly a coach that might have links with some players that we already know to be proven in A-League over recent times.
(Eg. Aim to get Talay from Nix and try and get Cacace, Devilla, etc).

Wombat

Where is the Wanker emoji?

Forum Phoenix

Staj made mistakes last game and said as much in his presser, but he had several players who should be the ones taking the brunt of any shit being thrown and Bozza's take just proved how little he has been paying attention to our players.

He's calling for Silvera – who has been diabolical since seemingly having had his heart removed in LaLa Land.
Djuric, who is either injured or gave up.
Jair, who both he and Archie advocate for and I'm less sure than most on here on, but who has also done nothing to truly distinguish himself either.
Matty who is a great team man but cannot score from open play and whose engine has clearly faded.

Meanwhile Nisbet, Stens and Kim have earned their midfield positions.
Harold deserves to start.
And he has no obvious striker option... so... yeah whatever... Staj is choosing Muzz.
But he does still give minutes to a new young talent in Kuol.

The only big mistake I can see was him dropping Miller so Kye could come back into the back line and starting Weemac again. But easy to see why he made those decisions and got it wrong.

Bozza's point on knowing your best 11 by this time of year is lazy, and an easy one to score, but takes no account of the fact that players performances have nearly always changed before Staj changed players. What's he to do... Just accept lack of effort?

Bozza's poorly constructed rationale and clear ignorance about some of our key players was embarrassing given how righteous he acted.

Last edited:

turbo

Matty who is a great team man but cannot score from open play and whose engine has clearly faded.
Agree with everything you said but this one in particular from practically ALL of the commentators drives me nuts. “They need a goal here it might be time to look towards Matt Simon on the bench”
They literally get paid to watch and comment on the A league and they still sprout nonsense like that. It’s not a considered “it looks like they’re going to go with Matt Simon to fire them up a bit after looking flat the last 10 mins” or “They’re going to bring Simon on, he’ll be brought in to defend set pieces and try to hang on for the draw” it’s just rubbish and anyone that watches our games or looks up stats should see he isn’t scoring from open play.

jacobsfl

Agree with everything you said but this one in particular from practically ALL of the commentators drives me nuts. “They need a goal here it might be time to look towards Matt Simon on the bench”
They literally get paid to watch and comment on the A league and they still sprout nonsense like that. It’s not a considered “it looks like they’re going to go with Matt Simon to fire them up a bit after looking flat the last 10 mins” or “They’re going to bring Simon on, he’ll be brought in to defend set pieces and try to hang on for the draw” it’s just rubbish and anyone that watches our games or looks up stats should see he isn’t scoring from open play.

I guess I could say a dream of mine to become a broadcaster in some way, and one of the main jobs you have off the mic is to study the league and the game further. Whenever I watch a Mariners game with the Fox callers, you get the idea that they do zero research towards their call. It should be a requirement that you know what you're talking about. Every week it's "Matt Simon, Sam Silvera, Milan Duric" it's the same players man. If you barely scratched the surface with your background research, you'd know Duric has a groin complaint. You'd know Silvera wasn't playing well. You'd know Matt Simon hasn't scored in open play once in the last 12 months. With the money they're on, I at least expect them to make comments that make logical sense.

This is reason #245 of 500 in "500 Reasons Why the A-League is Sh*t"

Youngy

Unfortunately stajic has no idea
Really had no experience to coach a mens team.
Only got the job because he was the cheapest.
He picked and signed players he wanted.
Dont believe anything less.
Turned down a few players who are killing it in other teams. 8 losses on the trot.
Any npl coach would have done better
Admit it staj you have no idea.

shipwreck

Unfortunately stajic has no idea
Really had no experience to coach a mens team.
Only got the job because he was the cheapest.
He picked and signed players he wanted.
Dont believe anything less.
Turned down a few players who are killing it in other teams. 8 losses on the trot.
Any npl coach would have done better
Admit it staj you have no idea.
Genuinely interested, what players did he turn down?

scottmac

Suspended
Anyone who thinks Staj or any other Australian based person is the reason for the club's current state or performances or any f**king word you'd like to put here, just give yourself an uppercut.

FFC Mariner

Anyone who thinks Staj or any other Australian based person is the reason for the club's current state or performances or any f**king word you'd like to put here, just give yourself an uppercut.
He is a poor coach but this cluster f**k isnt his fault

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred