• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The official all-purpose trolling bogan scum thread

Ozhammer

By my reckoning, the Jest have 7 visa players and more than 23 squad members. Anyone on here know how the f*ck that is allowed to happen?

Unless I am mistaken, their visa players are:
Burns
Sheppard
Arroyo
O’Donovan
Hoolahan
Ledley
Ridenton

I would therefore love to know how they have done all this within the rules of the competition, not that CCM would ever even come close to do anything similar of course.

turbo

There was talk Ridenton was getting the boot but it hasn’t been made public if he has. Ledley might be on a guest contract, are they exempt? That would get them under the limits afaik.

You would hope no club is dumb enough to have too many foreigners signed and surely the FFA asks the question when registering the incoming players?

Also are we sure Sheppard is a visa player?
This would imply he isn’t https://www.newcastlejets.com.au/news/a-league-201920-squad-so-far

pjennings

By my reckoning, the Jest have 7 visa players and more than 23 squad members. Anyone on here know how the f*ck that is allowed to happen?

Burns
Sheppard
Arroyo
O’Donovan
Hoolahan
Ledley
Ridenton

I would therefore love to know how they have done all this within the rules of the competition, not that CCM would ever even come close to do anything similar of course.

Pirate Pete

There was talk Ridenton was getting the boot but it hasn’t been made public if he has. Ledley might be on a guest contract, are they exempt? That would get them under the limits afaik.

You would hope no club is dumb enough to have too many foreigners signed and surely the FFA asks the question when registering the incoming players?

Also are we sure Sheppard is a visa player?
This would imply he isn’t https://www.newcastlejets.com.au/news/a-league-201920-squad-so-far

I read that Ridenton is still training with them. Hoping there is an extra visa spot next season.

Big Al

Burns
Sheppard
Arroyo
O’Donovan
Hoolahan
Ledley
Ridenton

Ridenton definately was released and Sheppard was not on an A League run down on each clubs foreigners in an article in September

Drew

sheppard was born in England but his mother is Australian and he has an Australian passport so he isn't a visa, and ridenton was released so that leaves the 5 visas

sydmariner

A Newcastle Jets player has become the first in the A-League to test positive for the coronavirus, and has gone into self-isolation for two weeks in accordance with protocols issued by NSW Health.

It’s understood the player - whose name cannot be released for privacy reasons - was asymptomatic, and only sought testing as a precaution before an intended overseas trip, according to a well placed source.
He remains asymptomatic and there are no immediate fears other members of the squad have been infected.
Authorities have determined that none of the affected player’s teammates are required to adopt any quarantine measures.

The Jets most recent opponents - Melbourne City five days ago and Brisbane Roar eight days ago - have been informed of developments by A-League chief Greg O’Rourke, who is closely monitoring the issue.
The player in question featured in both those matches.
The news comes 24 hours after a member of the Wellington Phoenix coaching staff also tested positive for COVID-19.
He became symptomatic after returning to New Zealand with the Phoenix squad following the A-League’s official lockdown five days ago.
It’s unknown where and how either contracted the virus, though there are suggestions the Phoenix staff member might have become infected on the flight back from Sydney to Wellington, or during his stay in NSW.
The Phoenix squad had been in Australia - staying and training in isolation - in preparation to complete the remainder of the regular season based in NSW.
Their last match was the 3-0 home win over Melbourne Victory on March 15.
It’s likely that several Phoenix players may have undergone precautionary testing.
Both Jets CEO Lawrie McKinna and his Phoenix counterpart David Dome declined to comment when contacted by The World Game. O’Rourke also did not reply to calls.

turbo

I'm more curious as to how he was able to obtain a test given he had no symptoms and hadn't been in close contact with a confirmed case....
Might be a requirement for being able to fly out to some destinations. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s an agreement between places like Aus, US, UK..

Big Al

I'm more curious as to how he was able to obtain a test given he had no symptoms and hadn't been in close contact with a confirmed case....
Easy one. They wouldn’t test my mum who started to feel unwell after being in isolation after contact with a confirmed case. Even the government line said no.
She simply rang the doctor back and said they said she should get a test and doctor said ok. No reference number or name etc
She was negative on Monday

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Clearly interest out there in A league clubs yet here we are stuck spending the cap floor.

Maybe the Jets owners actually have a realistic idea of the value of their club?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami