• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The official all-purpose trolling bogan scum thread

patrick_vieira4

As I said, we don't honestly believe that the coast was founded in that way. It's a joke on how the community looks. Plus it's "full" of caravan homes and the like - it's a joke that we've developed a name from it.

Think of it like this: you are new to the area, see a community based on the side of a road with no signs pointing to it and it's full of caravans. Must be gypsies.

adz

Staff member
lol fair play I'll pay that explanation.

Reality is the majority of the population has come from other areas of Australia originally to live on the Central Coast, whereas Newcastle is chock full of inbred bogans.

The name bogan may not be the most original (neither is gypsy, to be fair) but it is the most descriptive due to the unusually high population of bogans living in Newcastle as compared to the rest of Australia. There is an ABS report somewhere but I can't find it right now.

patrick_vieira4

I would imagine the percentage of inbred bogans living in Watanobbi/Wyong and basically any coast suburb ending with the word Haven would be pretty high also. Plus all the dawgs with 2250 tattoo'd on them somewhere, born-'n'-bred, it's an equally big percentage of bogans IMO. But that's my opinion.

p-diddy

your saying that guy in the blue shirt isnt a bogan?

BTW last time I went to a jets away, a squadrunt grabbed my sister on the arse. Classy fans you have

is she hot?

In fact, Central Coast was not settled by Europeans in that way. You see, Scumcastle was settled through shipping from Sydney rather than any land link. And the very first contact by Europeans with that area was because escaped convicts had made their way there; some things never change huh!

So you can see, Scumcastle is basically a hell hole that was settled by the worst convicts and their guards. Over a century later, that atmosphere remains.

As for the Central Coast:

No sign of any road joining Sydney and Scumcastle there..... and not a sign of a gypsie anywhere either, just hard working citizens helping the colony survive. And that atmosphere remains to this day.

at the end of the day you live in an insignificant region made up of shanty towns and lakes.

Bex

at the end of the day you live in an insignificant region made up of shanty towns and lakes.
And at the start of the day I wake up and look at the A-League ladder and note that the Mariners are in second place and the Jest are fourth :headbounce: :popcorn:

MrCelery

BoganJetssupporter.jpg

MrCelery

As I said, we don't honestly believe that the coast was founded in that way. It's a joke on how the community looks. Plus it's "full" of caravan homes and the like - it's a joke that we've developed a name from it.

Think of it like this: you are new to the area, see a community based on the side of a road with no signs pointing to it and it's full of caravans. Must be gypsies.

Favourite song when driving through Newcastle: "Fibro, fibro, fibro, fibro, BRICK!, fibro, fibro, fibro, fibro...."

According to Google Maps:

Caravan parks in Newcastle - 10
Caravan Parks in Central Coast - 10

Does that make Newcastle fans gypo bogans?

dibo

The biggest mistake anyone can make is assume there is any great meaning behind the rivalry. We don't like them because they aren't us. Who needs more than that?

The fact that I hate going up there adds to it, in part because I just don't much like the town itself, in part because while the young fans are largely cave dwellers, the can throwing cashed up bogans are just completely detestable and I always feel like my car's going to get knocked off there.

If it was pleasant to go there I would probably feel different. If you could hop off the train and head to a pub with mates for a beer, then head to the game hassle free...

But you can't, the ground is in a wasteland, the locals are unpleasant at best, and the ground still feels half-finished.

Even when they come to us they come and trash the place (marches from the old gosford etc). There is this toxic tone to the banter as well - simple abuse is part for the course (and to be fair I've done my share of unpleasant chit chat).

I enjoy the Sydney rivalry, but against Newcastle I just want to win, and win big; I want to rub it in and then I want to be able to imagine they don't even exist until next time.

Blair

I hate the jets because when we won in the semi final in season 1 i was walking back to my car when i was spat by about 6 people they were bout 18 to 25 then when i got into the car they kicked the shit out of the door and i have hated them ever since.

p-diddy

The biggest mistake anyone can make is assume there is any great meaning behind the rivalry. We don't like them because they aren't us. Who needs more than that?

you should have stopped there. the rest is cliche'.

it's all good for the game, though, let the hate flow through you.

Forum Phoenix

Are you guys are arguing about the crowd being bogans when the shot you put forward has Wheelhouse in it?

Mariners 2 nil. :eek:verhead:

FIRE UPI!! :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup:

midfielder

Images from the castle

http://heyfreudnicetheory.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/bogan-mother-effect.jpg

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3zlAQQgGEd8XboK3JXgTpdVAkHUZ7wN5Xh91Tm8_nvyHy_hAU2OHaRQAx

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2011/02/21/1226009/385371-nathan-tinkler.jpg

http://images-mediawiki-sites.thefullwiki.org/01/2/9/5/22361013894869286.jpg

The best saved for the last...

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnO2AnUDW25Cs_Cl7EMUuBq3QEwz5T9LbXtkoeZQMwr5zTLaR6bc8ZPo97

garlo

Who cares about how we were settled or how many caravan parks they have ..they don't like us and we don't like
Them ...it's great for the game to have a great rivalry like this ..they respect us and respect them ..apart from the odd douche from both sides ..looking forward to it !!

MrCelery

From 4-4-2 article:

"Meanwhile the Mariners have added spice to the F3 derby by sending their club mascot ‘Marvin’ into enemy territory.

He visited Newcastle on Tuesday and also sought to remind Jets fans - and create some friendly pre-match banter - that the yellow and navy have been consistently better than the Novocastrians over the course of the seven seasons of the A-League.

Sticking posters around the city, Marvin highlighted the all-time A-League points ladder which shows Central Coast well ahead of their northern foes, and offered some added talking points heading into the battle at Bluetongue."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb