• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd23 - Roar @ Suncorp

NoDiggity

I think I picked a bad time of the season for an away trip, if anyone else is making the trip up to brissy for this game?
Score predictions?

Tevor

They are playing a lot better than the first half of the season. We will be the same, 3 - 1 not in our favour.

Ads

Staj has been criticised for chopping and changing so predict most will stay the same with maybe Tongyik coming back in.

However based on current form and to match the style of Brisbane I would go.

Miller——-Ziggy——Tongyik——Rowles
Harold——Nizzy———Kim——--Clisby
—————Simon———Jair—————

* We have the fitness to go 4-4-1-1.
* Just need the discipline to hold the middle which I believe Nizzy and Kim can.
* Simon to start purely to try and help not concede first!!
And maybe snag a penalty and keep the ball for longer in opposition half.
* Ziggy captain from CB to ensure people know where their man is.
* DDS to come on for any of attacking 6 that are struggling.
* Duric for Jair if Jair ineffective.
* Murray for Simon 75min

* Need to stop the wing backs from getting caught out of position so the above set up allows Clisby and Harold to focus more energy on attack without sacrificing defence.
* Also gives Rowles and Miller a chance to focus more on defensive duties and learn to pass the ball out and use the width.

* If we move into next year with Staj should we not start going back to basics and start simple ready for next year.

marinermick

They are playing a lot better than the first half of the season. We will be the same, 3 - 1 not in our favour.

They have always been playing well. They were a bit unlucky and not taking their chances earlier in the season.

Fowler has them playing a pragmatic, no nonsense type of football.

This is the first time I recall us ever playing at Suncorp other than our team’s end of season trip there many years ago where we won 3-0. Should be an interesting return to that ground.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

At this point our only hope is that the game gets called off for corona virus....

On-topic, I wonder it it's time for Staj to start thinking more about giving the players waiting in the wings a shot to see who has what it takes for next year? Or would that be harmful to their development?
Though now that I've said it...no, we still need to be fighting for a win.

Ironbark

At this point our only hope is that the game gets called off for corona virus....

On-topic, I wonder it it's time for Staj to start thinking more about giving the players waiting in the wings a shot to see who has what it takes for next year? Or would that be harmful to their development?
Though now that I've said it...no, we still need to be fighting for a win.
I'd like to see Hatch i think

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
if i've asked it once i've asked it a hunded times ...who the f**k did Foxy annoy to the extent he cant get 5 minutes at the end of a flogging...I mean geez he aint that bad , so Staj if your gonna f**k around every week with line ups, put your dummy back in and give him a run , cant f**king hurt (anymore than it does)

AuzDutchy

if i've asked it once i've asked it a hunded times ...who the f**k did Foxy annoy to the extent he cant get 5 minutes at the end of a flogging...I mean geez he aint that bad , so Staj if your gonna f**k around every week with line ups, put your dummy back in and give him a run , cant f**king hurt (anymore than it does)
The only theory I've seen that remotely makes any sense, is that he was signed with a trigger clause for an extra year if he played X amount of games, and possibly Stay early on decided he didn't want him for next year so he's avoiding hitting the trigger of appearances.

While I don't agree with it, it's the only logical explanation I've come across

Reactions: adz

jacobsfl

Call me nuts but I do feel Melling and Shabow were harshly done by to be completely forgotten about this season. They both looked competent enough to get a run most weeks and at least they'd put in the effort in a time of desperation.

I'll be devastated if we lose Ziggy. He's a fantastic asset to the club and the younger guys should feed off of his professionalism.

Ancient Mariner

Oh dear. I seem to remember being very unimpressed when I saw Melling play as a centre back, maybe in the pre season.
Hopefully he will be used as a DM and someone else will be at the back.

turbo

You'd think Melling would be very unlikely to start. Might see a back 4 of Clisby, Tongyik/Kim, Ziggy, Miller. We could have used some of Melling's mongrel when we lost our midfield in the two bad losses, he's pretty much a Stensness alternative with similar draw backs to Stens when he isnt playing well.

Corsair

do feel Melling and Shabow
Melling puts in the effort and is a good physicsl player but his control and passing are weak.

Shabow has good control but he's pushed off the ball too easily and is just not strong enough.

So...what we need is a Shamelling!

Reactions: Ads

jacobsfl

You'd think Melling would be very unlikely to start. Might see a back 4 of Clisby, Tongyik/Kim, Ziggy, Miller. We could have used some of Melling's mongrel when we lost our midfield in the two bad losses, he's pretty much a Stensness alternative with similar draw backs to Stens when he isnt playing well.

I was thinking on the bench if Milan or Stens run out of puff.

Coastalraider

I’d say we have a definite advantage heading into tonight’s match. With then growing threat of a Covid and the likeliness of aus sports going ‘crowdless’ from tonight, no one in the country has as much experience at playing in front of an empty stadium as we do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami