• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R5 v City away

Michael

We’ve just lacked any real energy. The boys have certainly tried to pick it up but it’s not happening. City have kept the ball very well which hasn’t helped.
It’s not horrific but should be better than it is.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I get that we're tired.....but defenders standing still really f**king pisses me off.
There's nothing that reeks more of incompetence and 'can't be bothered'.

Michael

Well now it looks horrific.
Matty didn’t go with his man.
Big week on the training paddock.
Put this down to growing pains.

BaysideMariner

I think that we have been beaten tactically tonight. We played the same game as last week in the first half but MCFC didn't play the same as PGFC. Stajic will learn. Plenty of room for improvement from some of our team. I thought that we could of had Stensness come off instead of Duric.

Josho Howe

I think that we have been beaten tactically tonight. We played the same game as last week in the first half but MCFC didn't play the same as PGFC. Stajic will learn. Plenty of room for improvement from some of our team. I thought that we could of had Stensness come off instead of Duric.

Agreed, maybe we surprised Perth a bit with the line-up, City analysed us well and have given us nothing.

marinermick

Mombaerts is the best coach in the league. City were always going to be a scary proposition if they got their coaching right.

Josho Howe

Eh, still early in the season, 2 goals off set pieces is no good, plenty for Staj and the team to work on. Midfield at times is way too open and playing the same side we surprised Perth with didn't work, City figured us out and gave us nothing so credit to them

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I don't even really feel like there's much shame in this one....except if our defence didn't get caught standing still multiple times, we still could have kept them out.

We got dominated all over the park, yet it was defenders being lazy that killed us.

Ozhammer

Lots of factors to look at there but one of the most basic was our lack of good movement off the ball meaning the ball players were forced to hold on to it too long, often losing position particularly in midfield.

Ads

If we had our wits about us they have let us come at them and we could have snagged one before Murray’s and could well have been 2-2 or a 1-1 draw if we were better on set pieces.

But there explosive movement from midfield has killed us tonight.

But our midfield has not been goal side of the opposing midfield so when we are dispossessed or loose pass our first 1/2 lines of defence are missing!
So they have a ton of room to make diagonal balls to their attackers as our defence retreats.

Maybe should have been a flat
4-5-1 tonight to create an impenetrable midfield wall!

soccer mad

City slickers are just too good quite impressive .Good to see Muz get a goal in my opinion City is this years measuring stick

Ozhammer

I did post early in the thread that playing the same lineup and formation could play into $ity’s hands but I am still disappointed that it proved to be the case.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami