• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Practical ways to support CCM into a better future

true believer

Got a suggestion to turn it around TB? Sounds like what we already know.
Yeah kidnapp gina rhinehart .
Then brainwash her into marrying syd
Then syd could buy the team appoint wombat middy and am as the board .
Then once a year bring out qpr for a game

Last edited:

midfielder

Money is the answer as TB said.

How do we get money.

If 1,500 fans each committ $5, 000 over two years that's 7.5 million.

Set up a Mariners fan trust with the 7.5 million and this trust would own 50% of the Mariners which would value the club at 15 million much higher than recent sales.

The Mariners Trust would have equal voting rights and equal number of directors on the board.

The cost is a tad under $50.00 per week for two years.

You would obviously not spend all the 7.5 million in two years so the new board would have lots of decisions to make.

Equally with so many locals on board council feelings towards the stadium may change and also the perception of the club.

That's my solution

Last edited:

greenlig

Money is the answer ad TB said.

How do we get money.

Set up a Mariners fan trust with the 7.5 million and this trust would own 50% of the Mariners which would value the club at 15 million much higher than recent sales.

The Mariners Trust would have equal voting rights and equal number of directors on the board.

You would obviously not spend all the 7.5 million in two years so the new board would have lots of decisions to make.

Equally with so many locals on board council feelings towards the stadium may change and also the perception of the club.

That's my solution
In.

scottmac

Suspended
Relocate to Canberra is the smartest move. Let their association buy a % and end this farce
Relocation is definitely the answer. Prise a percentage ownership away from c**tface and start again somewhere else. This brand is too damaged to be redeemable. Unless...... red bull.

Tim

As a fan I’m saddened by the thought of relocation. Yes, Canberra should definitely have a HAL team but not at the expense of the coast. The goal should be 16-20 teams in the HAL.

true believer

I would love a proper and serious fan ownership model to be put together. Of all the club's in the league you'd think we would be the best fit.
Its what should of done been after 2013 .
But i was howled down for preposing
The green bay model .
Largely by people who no longer support the club.
I think its to late now .

FFC Mariner

The green bay model .
2,000 members, club has a deficit to be competitive of probably $2m a season - everyone prepared to put in $1k a year? I suspect not

Drew

We don't even need to look that far to see how to come back from this, look at Wellington, they used to be spoon or bottom 3 every year just like us, now this year and last year they are competing for finals and currently sit 3rd, they were given an ultimatum to improve or get out and they have massively, our task is still much harder then theirs but its a similar circumstance, we already have a good coach, its now about using what money we have not the money we don't have to buy smart in key positions. e.g. wellington used to have a terrible team with burns and McGlinchey starting, now they have spent wisely with visa spots in CB (Steven Taylor) number 10 (Ulises Davila) and 2 strikers (David ball and Gary Hooper) and last year they had players like Krishna and Singh with Taylor etc, who are all playing well for them. Yes wellington spends more money then us per season but it wouldn't be much more, even if Charlesworth stays and the funds stay similar. we don't need to be throwing money on bringing players like Simon, McGlinchey, Jair, McCormack etc, in and we can't be bringing unproven recycled aleague players in either. we need to be smart with how we use what money we have and have a good mix of youth and experience. I am optimistic that we can still survive in this league but seriously something has to change, whether its a new owner or just they way we recruit players and spend money doesn't matter. In terms of visa spots, we need to use them on an experienced CB like a Steven Taylor or Alan Baro etc, a RB or LB, 1 CM/CDM, a number 10 and a decent striker. its not gonna be easy but hopefully within the next couple of years we can be like wellington and be challenging for finals positions and playing good football. next year is probably our most crucial year yet because it gives staj the ability to build his squad and the players he wants and hopefully elevate us a bit up the table, if we get another spoon it could mean the end,

LFCMariners

How do we get money.

That's my solution

A club owned by the fans would be awesome.

FFC Mariner

We don't even need to look that far to see how to come back from this, look at Wellington, they used to be spoon or bottom 3 every year just like us, now this year and last year they are competing for finals and currently sit 3rd, they were given an ultimatum to improve or get out and they have massively, our task is still much harder then theirs but its a similar circumstance, we already have a good coach, its now about using what money we have not the money we don't have to buy smart in key positions. e.g. wellington used to have a terrible team with burns and McGlinchey starting, now they have spent wisely with visa spots in CB (Steven Taylor) number 10 (Ulises Davila) and 2 strikers (David ball and Gary Hooper) and last year they had players like Krishna and Singh with Taylor etc, who are all playing well for them. Yes wellington spends more money then us per season but it wouldn't be much more, even if Charlesworth stays and the funds stay similar. we don't need to be throwing money on bringing players like Simon, McGlinchey, Jair, McCormack etc, in and we can't be bringing unproven recycled aleague players in either. we need to be smart with how we use what money we have and have a good mix of youth and experience. I am optimistic that we can still survive in this league but seriously something has to change, whether its a new owner or just they way we recruit players and spend money doesn't matter. In terms of visa spots, we need to use them on an experienced CB like a Steven Taylor or Alan Baro etc, a RB or LB, 1 CM/CDM, a number 10 and a decent striker. its not gonna be easy but hopefully within the next couple of years we can be like wellington and be challenging for finals positions and playing good football. next year is probably our most crucial year yet because it gives staj the ability to build his squad and the players he wants and hopefully elevate us a bit up the table, if we get another spoon it could mean the end,
Nix owners tipped in big $$ and got a good coach.

LFCMariners

How do we get money.

That's my solution

Unfurl a giant banner before games 'WANT TO SEE A TRANSFORMATION IN RESULTS? TAKE ACTION HERE:' and then have a link clearly displayed to a web page that explains our cause with a link to the Trust on the page.

I would be happy to organise and write the copy for the page because it's my profession, and I would do this free of charge.

Josho Howe

Would love the German 50+1 model to happen for us. A club 51% owned by the fanbase means the majority is always there and there is always invested interest in issues surrounding the club. If you've followed German football recently. the Hoffenheim owner has been critical of the 50+1 model and wants to change it but the fans of Bayern, Union Berlin and Dortmund have protested very strongly against it because their culture is so set in its way of fan owned clubs. Anything like that here would be great. I don't know how you would go about it, but l would be on board 100%

LFCMariners

The green bay model .

So Fish already planned to jump ship and sabotage the club in the process.

Fish= Jets insider confirmed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami