• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Pan Pacific Championship

cdev_19

How are you watching it omni? Streaming?

I caught the end of the Galaxy game via streaming but the connection was sketchy.

bathurstmariner

From 442:

45: HALF TIME: SYDNEY 0 HOUSTON 3

Analysis: Sydney was clearly second best. Down the flanks Walsh and Renaud have been fully tested. Houston looked very sharp and organised. The 3-0 scoreline is an accurate reflection of an appalling first half from Sydney - the worst I've seen. In front of a whole lot of international journalists, we look like amateurs.

Omni

No I'm on www.futbol24.com, but getting no updates on the 2nd game. Everyone I know who has access to ESPN360.com is offline, so I'm just trying to piece together what I can.

Thanks Bathurst, GO DYNAMO

I am watching it by streaming, ESPNC via sopcast.

Still 3-0 to Dynamo, Sydney are getting walked over and are in return playing pretty violently. No wonder why everyone think aussie football is violent!

I have seen 2 yellow cards to SFC in the second half.

Still pretty dirty playing by SFC..

-Dean

If anyone wants to watch it head on over and grab http://www.sopcast.references.tv/2down/SopCast.zip and then just sign in as a guest, the channel is called "Pan Pacific Championship".

serious14

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!

Let's all laugh at Sydney, let's all laugh at Sydney, na na na na na na HEY!!!!!

Omni

What an Embarassment to Australia. Clearly they were more interested in playing Beckham than actually winning.

Dynamo are a good side but haven't played for months.

It was a shocking game to watch, I only came in at half-time, but it was very embarrassing.
I cannot wait until we get a chance to prove ourselves in the international scene!

-Dean

bathurstmariner

This is how 442 summed it up:

FULL TIME SYDNEY O HOUSTON 3
ANALYSIS: In a word, appalling. The only consolation is they're playing the equally ordinary Galaxy on Saturday in a rematch of November's game.

Omni said:
What an Embarassment to Australia.

I agree.

B

bakery5

cant believe the sydney fc fourm was going nuts over Sydney playing in this thing. They were talking about the whole world watching Sydney FC ::)

Omni

If the whole world was watching Sydney FC they should be ashamed.

Fact of the matter is, it was only shown in the US, on ESPN & ESPN360.com and it was pretty late for most of the US (it was 1.30 in Houston) so I know that some people watched the first match but very few watched the 2nd.

The local paper in Hawaii has been misinforming lots of people.

bulldogmariner

It was embrassing for Sydney FC but he only really took his second string squad with no Ufuk Talay, milligan, Ruben  Z and Juniniho. It just showed the lack of depth in the a-league compared to the rest of the world. Also Houston are a very good team.
It will be interesting to see how Melbourne and Adelaide go in Asia to see exactly where australian football fits in.
I know Lawrie and his staff will start (after sunday and celebrating all week) preparing for Asia and how to get results especially against J-League and K-League sides who are the most dangerous in our region!!

Omni

Just because they're lower in the alphabet doesn't mean they're inferior, sort of funny though.

Houston are a very good side so I never thought Sydney would have much of a chance against them but yea, kind of cancels John Kosmina's "we're taking it seriously" comments. LA really pressured Osaka towards the end, it'll be interesting to see who wins the LA Sydney game, Brosque has said he wants to hack Beckham, showing FC's class.

kevrenor

marinermick said:
if the mariners went they would struggle as well

would only ever be an end of season trip and piss up

But it wasn't a pre-season trip to Hawaii and piss up for Houston?

brett

kevrenor said:
marinermick said:
if the mariners went they would struggle as well

would only ever be an end of season trip and piss up

But it wasn't a pre-season trip to Hawaii and piss up for Houston?

I disagree with Mick. Mariners have far better depth and young players like Porter, Simon etc trying to stake their claim. I also can't remember many games where Lawrie has let them play at 50%.

I don't know that we would have bled on the pitch for it or even won, but I don't think we would have been embarrassed.

serious14

Gotta agree with Brett on this one Mick - pre season or post season, I don't recall us ever having done sh*t anywhere by taking things lightly, no matter who's in the squad.  Note our record in Hong Kong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred