• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Other A League Games 2023/24

Huddo

That's a pretty long bow to draw. I mean technically yeah but rigging one finals game is hardly going to make or break the survival of the APL.

I don't agree with it, but there is connection, that's all I'm saying.

JoyfulPenguin

Went to Phoenix vs Victory, had these English blokes in front of me constantly going on about how shit the A-League is compared to the Prem, Championship etc. Especially final ball and striking.

Who would have thought that the Phoenix completely parking the bus against probably the most dysfunctional attack in the A-League would do that?

They hated Jake Brimmer the most but had no idea who he was, constantly going about how shit his shots and touch were. Desperately wanted to tell them he came through a Prem Academy but held my tongue.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

If we host the victory I reckon this is a must for the pre match.

Absolutely not.

Don't get me wrong - I love what they do here, and I'm jealous. It's fantastic. I think it's what our club dreamed of with the band - but having a much larger active support probably helps there. And this sort of thing is positive for the leave.

But if we have a say, the 'away' team shouldn't be having time and field space dedicated to firing up their away support. That should be a benefit of being the home team.

But hey, they can put her in the crowd and she can do it there.

Tevor

Absolutely not.

Don't get me wrong - I love what they do here, and I'm jealous. It's fantastic. I think it's what our club dreamed of with the band - but having a much larger active support probably helps there. And this sort of thing is positive for the leave.

But if we have a say, the 'away' team shouldn't be having time and field space dedicated to firing up their away support. That should be a benefit of being the home team.

But hey, they can put her in the crowd and she can do it there.
Totally agree, it’s cool but not at our Paradise please.

Stuartmcateer

I mean, if you want to switch clubs to support Melbourne Victory, I'm sure you can still buy a jersey ;-)
I want us to not be embarrassed by hosting a GF and putting on a sub standard event.

If we can't get something better than our regular dance troupe then why not use something that will pump up the whole crowd and the tv viewers 🤷🏻‍♂️

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I want us to not be embarrassed by hosting a GF and putting on a sub standard event.

If we can't get something better than our regular dance troupe then why not use something that will pump up the whole crowd and the tv viewers 🤷🏻‍♂️

Why on earth would you even consider putting on something that is strongly and clearly attached to MV, at our GF?

It's that simple.

You don't put on a MV hype act at a CCM GF.
Well why don't we just compromise, she gets to play but Marvin crash tackles her 3 bars in and smashes the violin then everybody is hyped
Glorious.

Only if Tomato Sauce gets to give the fans the finger afterwards

Tevor

Oh well.. we can have an empty void, because we have absolutely zero equivalent and zero on field pre-match hype.
Give the Club a chance, potentially the first GF at home so you never know. The Club is pretty good at getting things right the last three or four years. The dark days yes I get your point but maybe not now.

Stuartmcateer

Give the Club a chance, potentially the first GF at home so you never know. The Club is pretty good at getting things right the last three or four years. The dark days yes I get your point but maybe not now.
My point is that just importing in an "act" that has no affiliation with the Mariners or the game is not adequate.

People hated meatloaf at the AFL GF and Billy idol at the NRL because they have no link to the game.

If we had someone that was regularly and visibly linked to CCM then 100% get them in over the violinist. But we don't.

Rising Sun

It'll be an APL event so how much organisation will we really be involved in?
This.
And the APL budget won't even stretch to a local dance troupe. Last year they had Mashd N Kutcher as entertainment but at half time rather than pre game for some reason. This year's half time entertainment will be the further debasement of the Johnny Warren awards by presenting them while everyone is at the toilet / queuing at the beer or food outlets.

Pre game will be the cheap option of a hype man and crowd participation stuff like the dance cams

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred