• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

pjennings

Mariners announce Foxtel Y-League 2019/20 squad

Nick Montgomery has locked in his Foxtel Y-League 2019/20 squad ahead of their season opener against Canberra United in Canberra on Sunday.

Former Mariners star Montgomery will begin his first season in charge against Canberra United on Sunday at McKellar Park.

Montgomery will be looking to go a step further than the 2019/19 season, when the Mariners were just a win away from being level with the Western Sydney Wanderers and booking a spot in the Grand Final.

Speaking ahead of the season opener, Montgomery said he was looking forward to getting started this weekend.

“I’m excited by the group that we have together for this season and I’m really looking forward to kicking things off on Sunday,” he said.

“Canberra is the biggest road trip we have to make in our conference, so it’s good to get that out of the way early and fingers crossed we can get a good result out of it.”

“Some of the boys in this squad played in some tight contests with Canberra last season, so we know that it will be a tough fixture and we’ll have to be at our best to win it.”

Eight players are returning from last season, while a host of new faces help fill out Montgomery’s squad.

Dan Hall, Matthew Hatch, Joey Jevtic, Kyle Johnson, Mikey Katsoulis, Aidan Munford, Dylan Ruiz-Diaz and Jordan Smylie have all returned from last season.

The full squad is below.

Central Coast Mariners Foxtel Y-League 2019/20 Squad |

Max BALARD, James BAYLISS, Bilal BELKADI, Dan HALL, Zenden HART, Matthew HATCH, Joey JEVTIC, Kyle JOHNSON, Michael KATSOULIS, Alou KUOL, Harry MCCARTHY, Aidan MUNFORD, Alex PARSONS, Dylan RUIZ-DIAZ, Jordan SMYLIE, Brad TAPP, Damien TSEKENIS

Match Details |

Foxtel Y-League Round 1

Canberra United v Central Coast Mariners

Sunday, 17th November – 10:30am kick-off

McKellar Park

https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/mariners-announce-foxtel-y-league-201920-squad

Big Dog

So among the things that Shabow can’t do is take a fkn penalty apparently

It wasn't pretty. Four penalties in a game is crazy and possibly should've been a fifth at the end. Thought the boys performed really well though and could've easily won this game.

sydmariner

Foxtel Y-League Postponement

The Foxtel Y-League match between the Central Coast Mariners and the Newcastle Jets that was scheduled to be played at 10:30am on Saturday 7 December will be rescheduled to a later due to the forecast AQI reading predicted to be in the extremely hazardous range due to nearby bushfire activity and predicted winds.

Further information regarding the rescheduled fixture will be made available when appropriate.

The Central Coast Mariners extend their best wishes to all those impacted by the current bushfire crisis, and the Emergency Services and Volunteers protecting the Community.

FFC Mariner

Cracking game tonight, havent enjoyed a game of football as much in ages.
Finished 2 all. Story of 2 keeprs, they had Italiano who had a blinder - we played Pearce. We had the chances to win 6-2
My observations:
Hatch is easily as good a player as Lewis Miller and there is every reason to give him a shot at LB. Decent cross too
Our CB (4) looks like an excellent prospect as did our right back (Hall?)
Tongyik is not the CB we need. Not now, not ever.
Pearce must never play for us - that they left Munford on the bench is staggering.
Scum CB (also #4) was an outstanding player.
Kuol is very raw, very young but looks a seriously classy footballer and I'd love to see him at a higher level. Reminds me of a young Bernie, all pace and power and a decent first touch. Arguably more skilful possibly? Really greedy like good strikers
Sackwhack was there with Merrick and Anton was also there
Best youth team we have had for a while and there will be 1 or 2 who go on with it - Miller already has
Saw SS with Majok, Roberts and Shabow - SS had a compression bandage on his calf, not good.
Early on a ummers evening is a perfect time for football - was a lovely evening with a decent crowd. Would have been nice if there were any food or drink available though (or at least tell people)
Newcastle even had active support (we didnt) and all in all a top evening of football.

Pirate Pete

Cracking game tonight, havent enjoyed a game of football as much in ages.
Finished 2 all. Story of 2 keeprs, they had Italiano who had a blinder - we played Pearce. We had the chances to win 6-2
My observations:
Hatch is easily as good a player as Lewis Miller and there is every reason to give him a shot at LB. Decent cross too
Our CB (4) looks like an excellent prospect as did our right back (Hall?)
Tongyik is not the CB we need. Not now, not ever.
Pearce must never play for us - that they left Munford on the bench is staggering.
Scum CB (also #4) was an outstanding player.
Kuol is very raw, very young but looks a seriously classy footballer and I'd love to see him at a higher level. Reminds me of a young Bernie, all pace and power and a decent first touch. Arguably more skilful possibly? Really greedy like good strikers
Sackwhack was there with Merrick and Anton was also there
Best youth team we have had for a while and there will be 1 or 2 who go on with it - Miller already has
Saw SS with Majok, Roberts and Shabow - SS had a compression bandage on his calf, not good.
Early on a ummers evening is a perfect time for football - was a lovely evening with a decent crowd. Would have been nice if there were any food or drink available though (or at least tell people)
Newcastle even had active support (we didnt) and all in all a top evening of football.

Nice write up.
If it had been a 7.30 kick off I would have got there. Still working at 6.30 though.

Pirate Pete

Hoping @pinklady hasn’t been silenced.
Not been around for a while. Was it pinklady who posted team selection a couple of times.
I believe Wombat mentioned the coaching asked those at training not to post info online.
The night before the opening game of the season I seem to recall.

Last edited:

Big Al

Not been around for a while. Was it pinklady who posted team selection a couple of times.
I believe Wombat mentioned the coaching asked those at training not to post info online.
The night before the opening game of the season I seem to recall.
Yeah and some one popped up on the forum started the debate then left not long after.

Was trival but fair enough but still has plenty to contribute

neverwozza

New NPL signing from Melbourne scored 3 against Broadmeadow on Saturday then backed it up with 4 (i think) in one half of football against Jets youth last night. I saw last nights goals and he was very very clinical and Staj was watching as well so it will be interesting to see if he starts training with the 1st team soon. Fox , Melling and Shabow all got half a game as well.

marinermick

New NPL signing from Melbourne scored 3 against Broadmeadow on Saturday then backed it up with 4 (i think) in one half of football against Jets youth last night. I saw last nights goals and he was very very clinical and Staj was watching as well so it will be interesting to see if he starts training with the 1st team soon. Fox , Melling and Shabow all got half a game as well.

This is Francis Awaritefe’s son - ex-NSL legend. I was introduced to the lad on Sunday. He was a big, hulking boy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami