• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

JoyfulPenguin

Caught the replay, fairly poor first half and it could have got ugly if not for some great saves by Peraic-Cullen.

Had a much better second half and were rather unlucky not come away with a point in the end. Two great Mitch Mallia free kicks doing us in.

Great composed finish by Niyonkuru, against an ALM experienced keeper in Prendegast.

Sciluna had another good game on the ball, but our midfielders often leave our defence very exposed.

Good chances for Headley and Smyth that were well saved. Smyth also hitting the bar from a free kick.

Decent performance from a depleted team, no Brandtman, Deng or Parkes, which on the second half alone probably deserved a point.

Rising Sun

Caught the replay, fairly poor first half and it could have got ugly if not for some great saves by Peraic-Cullen.

Had a much better second half and were rather unlucky not come away with a point in the end. Two great Mitch Mallia free kicks doing us in.

Great composed finish by Niyonkuru, against an ALM experienced keeper in Prendegast.

Sciluna had another good game on the ball, but our midfielders often leave our defence very exposed.

Good chances for Headley and Smyth that were well saved. Smyth also hitting the bar from a free kick.

Decent performance from a depleted team, no Brandtman, Deng or Parkes, which on the second half alone probably deserved a point.
I watched the first half whilst waiting for the girls to start down in Melbourne and we were so far off the pace that I didn't bother to watch the replay of the second; sound like there was some improvement.

Feels like we need a circuit breaker at the moment. I think Kasalovic alongside Scicluna would make a huge difference and I don't understand why he isn't in there. Or maybe its a change of formation. 3 CBs might help counter the lack of screening from the midfield and the general rawness of the 2 currently playing there. I really like both Deng and Parkes by the way but as far as I know there are both only 17 or just turned 18. There are 3 other good young CBs, so plenty of options for a 3rd CB.

Rising Sun

Peraic-Cullen was outstanding in the first half - for me he is just in front of Warshawsky - but I was surprised to see him out there. That means we have only taken 2 keepers for the AFC game - saves a few bucks on airfares and hotels but a bit of a risk if one of them picks up a knock in training or an illness, going into such an important game with no backup keeper on the bench.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred