• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

My parking ticket rant

Pokes

I work in Crows Nest, near North Sydney. Most days I leave home at 6:30, get on a 7am train and make it to start work at 8:45am. 50% of the time, I leave at 5:30, getting me through my front door at 7:45pm.

The other 50% I have to stay back, and since trains to the coast are shite...it means getting one to Hornsby, waiting for 15-20 minutes then getting an all stations to Gosford...if this happens, I wont usually get in til about 9pm.

PLUS....we all know shitty rail. Even with trackwork between Wyong and Gosford at the moment, trains run about 20 minutes late and the minute it starts to rain, there is always some kind of breakdown, someone up-chucking or whatever.

SO, on the days I KNOW I'll be kept back, I drive. I can leave work at 6:30 and walk in my front door by 7:30. Its fantastic. However, around my work, its 2 hour parking ONLY. And to be honest, I barely have enough time to gt out every 2 hours to move my car. But I do it anyway. To remind me, I set an alarm on my phone every 2 hours. Today, I left my phone at home. So I was supposed to move my car at 11..and it was 11:45 when I remembered. Knowing my luck, I bolt down the street to my car...Parking ticket. Fantastic.

On the parking ticket itself though, it says the parking ticket inspector first saw my car at 8:50...however I didn't even park my car until very close to 9am, as there was bad traffic this morning (so I don't know what happened there). The time on the ticket said he came back at 11:42 so I only missed saving myself from a $79 fine by less than 5 minutes.

So, as I feel I cannot get a reliable train, nor can I get a park anywhere at work, I should quit and become a dole bludger. OR, I could always get knocked up and hope for paid maternity leave.

Jeff (LouMacari)

pokey said:
So, as I feel I cannot get a reliable train, nor can I get a park anywhere at work, I should quit and become a dole bludger. OR, I could always get knocked up and hope for paid maternity leave.
volunteers anyone? ;)

P

Pete

pokey said:
Who knows, there might be a decent offer?

Anyone have Danny V's number??

1800 - RHINO  ;D

He's currently undertaking Trials. You aren't the lady who did the radio ad featuring a gasping woman shouting out "Danny Vukovic - I want your baby!!" (bet Danny's girlfriend loves that ad, Jeff!  :redcard:)

B

bakery5

Jeff (LouMacari) said:
pokey said:
volunteers anyone? ;)

mmmmmmmmmmmm

B

bakery5

Pete said:
pokey said:

1800 - RHINO  ;D

He's currently undertaking Trials. You aren't the lady who did the radio ad featuring a gasping woman shouting out "Danny Vukovic - I want your baby!!" (bet Danny's girlfriend loves that ad, Jeff!  :redcard:)

I think they got that from a movie ;)

Pokes

Jeff (LouMacari) said:
pokey said:

Yeah, but I reckon his girlfriend may be a bit pissed off if I gave it to you ;)

It's all good. My boyfriend would be a bit pissed too :p

priorpeter

chatswood is just as bad - i dont bother driving down. the cheapest all day parking anywhere near my work is $11, but that's full by about 7 or 7.30 am. as I start at 9, the only other alternative if i drive is to park in westfield/mandarin centre - for 35 bucks. hardly seems worth it, considering i can still use my uni student rail pass and get a weekly for $22.

ech - i hate driving in sydney. pacific highway at 8.30am/5pm is suicide.

Pokes

I could either park for free, and move my car every 2 hours.

Or I could park in the 1 hour spot and pay $2 every hour.....Thats nearly $20 a day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred