• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners vs Perth 18 July 20

pjennings

Actually reach out to grab somebody then give them a push from behind, you'd typically expect a card there.

I'm fine without VAR and hope we live without it for ever. Happy to have goal-line technology though. If a ref makes a mistake get on with it..

I am interested though in what you think of what I thought was an obvious penalty. Simon got a push in the back at the wrong time when Kuol sent in his first cross. The commentators just said he had the wrong body shape. If it had been Sydney, WSW, MCY or Victory you wouldn't hear the end of it.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I'm fine without VAR and hope we live without it for ever. Happy to have goal-line technology though. If a ref makes a mistake get on with it..

I am interested though in what you think of what I thought was an obvious penalty. Simon got a push in the back at the wrong time when Kuol sent in his first cross. The commentators just said he had the wrong body shape. If it had been Sydney, WSW, MCY or Victory you wouldn't hear the end of it.

I see what you mean.....I've never seen that called at this level, but at parks level? It's one of those things that doesn't have much impact but enough to stop the play on the ball - though perhaps it falls into the level of accepted physicality. At least the defender was trying to reach the ball as well - I've awarded a PK in juniors for something which had about the same impact upon the attacker as this, but a defender who made no actual attempt for the ball at all.....but I also know (rightly or wrongly) I've let these go in local prem league. It's that sort of nuisance low level fouling that refs tend to let go for the sake of 'not interfering'.

pjennings

I see what you mean.....I've never seen that called at this level, but at parks level? It's one of those things that doesn't have much impact but enough to stop the play on the ball - though perhaps it falls into the level of accepted physicality. At least the defender was trying to reach the ball as well - I've awarded a PK in juniors for something which had about the same impact upon the attacker as this, but a defender who made no actual attempt for the ball at all.....but I also know (rightly or wrongly) I've let these go in local prem league. It's that sort of nuisance low level fouling that refs tend to let go for the sake of 'not interfering'.

That's where we differ. He had no play at the ball because Matty was in his way. The only thing he did was push Matty in the back - he made no play for the ball.

FFC Mariner

Agree. We said at the time that if Simon goes down, that's a pen.
As opposed to Silvera. Kids just keeps diving and refs have worked him iut

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Agree. We said at the time that if Simon goes down, that's a pen.
As opposed to Silvera. Kids just keeps diving and refs have worked him iut

I'd say that if any player other than Simon went down it's a penalty - but yeah, you're right, if he goes down it looks bigger and suddenly we're talking about a penalty. The way the match is refereed encourages - heck, almost requires - diving, but referees also only do what the comps and the fans want. Give a penalty here and the referee has 'interfered', 'made it about him', 'made a decision nobody asked for', gave a 'soft pen', 'doesn't let the game flow'...etc etc.

booney

Stensness has copped some criticism and he has deserved it to a point.He is not a good passer of the ball even when not being pressured but he does other things well .As a DM he is expected to harass and win the ball from the opposition mids or at least give them little time to settle on the ball.I think he is doing well at this aspect of the game and will improve as he covers well and is physical( sometimes over physical hence the early YC).Melling probably did better than him yesterday and I was surprised he went off -he is a whole hearted player with limited technique.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

They haven't worked out Fornarolli then

No.....I personally don't think Silvera dives.
Then you look at Matt Simon, there are one or two referees out there blatantly biased against him, he doesn't dive either but gets flattened left, right and centre. That's what I meant when I said Simon would never have won that pen if he went down but another player might.

And yeah, then the major divers get away with it constantly.

LFCMariners

This absolutely shits me. We're fighting for survival as a club and the players/coaching staff think it's acceptable to joke around with the opposition after yet another defeat. f**k that.

There's an NRL team in Qld who (off the field) are much more secure than CCM but on the field are turning in even worse performances, and they were laughing and joking around with the opposition after the game a couple of weeks ago too. Baffles me how you could be so out of touch with the sentiment of the people who are still bothering to show up to games?

Me- I went out for a walk, passed the stadium probably an hour before k/o and really couldn't give a shit. I only saw the score incidentally this morning scrolling through Fb as well. I'm still 100% keen on the banner idea/s mooted around here earlier this year before the disruption to the season but apart from that, running last in a shrunken league makes little difference to running 8th. Give us back "the little team that could" and the little team that gives a shit and maybe more than just the hardcore and the masochists will take an interest again?

Wombat

Stensness has copped some criticism and he has deserved it to a point.He is not a good passer of the ball even when not being pressured but he does other things well .As a DM he is expected to harass and win the ball from the opposition mids or at least give them little time to settle on the ball.I think he is doing well at this aspect of the game and will improve as he covers well and is physical( sometimes over physical hence the early YC).Melling probably did better than him yesterday and I was surprised he went off -he is a whole hearted player with limited technique.

Melling is agricultural but is the best defensive player in the mids but his passing is woeful. Stens is decent defensively but is also a poor passer over 10m but he is shocking driving forward and his movement off the ball is a travesty.
I can see a very good player inside but Stens has been one of the reasons we are coming last. That may be down to the Coach and its also due to some shocking recruitement over the last 2 years or simply the fact that he should be playing in 20 min cameos at this stage of his career.

Ancient Mariner

I am of the opinion that Nisbett is superior to both of them. Although small he does seriously harass the opposition on the ball without giving away fouls, he has a superior passing game, can take the ball forward and can link the defence with attack something that we sadly lack.

Big Al

Melling is agricultural but is the best defensive player in the mids but his passing is woeful. Stens is decent defensively but is also a poor passer over 10m but he is shocking driving forward and his movement off the ball is a travesty.
I can see a very good player inside but Stens has been one of the reasons we are coming last. That may be down to the Coach and its also due to some shocking recruitement over the last 2 years or simply the fact that he should be playing in 20 min cameos at this stage of his career.
Exactly. Stenns was recruited to be the back up. Play 20 mins as you say. Unfortunately Kim wasn’t the answer and Stens has played more than desired.
He hit a pass late in the game about 2-3 metres in front of Ziggy and to be fair I could see his argument that Ziggy could of run on to it, but it was to your fullback in a back two as we pressed to win the game. It’s not his job to bomb on and Stens over hit where if Ziggy wanted to chase it it was already over the sideline.
he provides good muscle but his passing under no pressure is horrible. We simply are to poor already to just turn over possession under no pressure. There were two I counted (without trying) that went over the sideline when no one was on him. Simply needs to be better and as you say shorter periods on the field lead to less mistakes. Average players can be good for a short period but the longer the leash the more mistakes

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami