• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v Jets

Wombat

stens is dirty harry and should given credit for that

Dirty Harry doesnt hang his arms around an opponent when he gets beaten......dumb.
Dirty Harry lets its go for a bell ringing payback later or puts on the afterburners, chases down the opponent to retreive the ball aka Ziggy.

onto it

Dirty Harry doesnt hang his arms around an opponent when he gets beaten......dumb.
Dirty Harry lets its go for a bell ringing payback later or puts on the afterburners, chases down the opponent to retreive the ball aka Ziggy.
Ziggy the yellow card man? That Ziggy?

onto it

Those names are pretty spot on to who I was thinking....

Silverra, needs to spend the off season in the gym and must develop some muscle and a lot more aggro and toughness. If he does he may be useful.
Forget the rest.

Silvera needs to hit the road and do some running to get fit. He is the laziest, most useless presser in the club.
I think our illustrious coach needs to take some responsibility for not getting the squad up to speed. He wants to play a modern fast pressing style but has not got the lads, in general, to the level of fitness and speed of thought required. He is too f**kin soft. It's the end of a major losing season and he is still making excuses for the results.
A new man is required at the helm methinks.

Last edited:

true believer

dirty harry does all the dirty jobs .he ain't prefect . but insinuating he doesn't have a go is disingenuous .

FFC Mariner

Silvera needs to hit the road and do some running to get fit. He is the laziest, most useless presser in the club.
I think our illustrious coach needs to take some responsibility for not getting the squad up to speed. He wants to play a modern fast pressing style but has not got the lads, in general, to the level of fitness and speed of thought required. He is too f**kin soft. It's the end of a major losing season and he is still making excuses for the results.
Its almost like he has no respect and they refuse to do what he says

style_cafe

It depends what you are trying to achieve with the press.
Gus posted a great article (and I thank him for that) which gives an analysis of our press against The Jets and the reasons for it.
It`s a good insight into what Staj was trying to achieve (a level or two above me to be honest).

As for Silverra,he`s still young and needs time to mature.
I thought he actually did some good things in the game and was a lot better than previous games i`ve seen him play.
The Jets back 3 are a pretty formidable defensive line with Boogard & TS towering over our players and having played more A league games than most of our team.
I was extremely impressed with Silverra`s dribble into the box and the change of speed he showed,it was very encouraging for him.

With Staj,you have to remember it`s his first season as an A league coach.
He inherited a train wreck and he is still trying to remove the carriages,he hasn`t even started to fix the track yet.
I would expect a huge improvement next season and more the following one.
It takes a brave man to step into a coaching position like he has.
As supporters,we should all be behind him and the team not white-anting them to the point of calling for his sacking after one season...:popcorn:

Ironbark

It depends what you are trying to achieve with the press.
Gus posted a great article (and I thank him for that) which gives an analysis of our press against The Jets and the reasons for it.
It`s a good insight into what Staj was trying to achieve (a level or two above me to be honest).

As for Silverra,he`s still young and needs time to mature.
I thought he actually did some good things in the game and was a lot better than previous games i`ve seen him play.
The Jets back 3 are a pretty formidable defensive line with Boogard & TS towering over our players and having played more A league games than most of our team.
I was extremely impressed with Silverra`s dribble into the box and the change of speed he showed,it was very encouraging for him.

With Staj,you have to remember it`s his first season as an A league coach.
He inherited a train wreck and he is still trying to remove the carriages,he hasn`t even started to fix the track yet.
I would expect a huge improvement next season and more the following one.
It takes a brave man to step into a coaching position like he has.
As supporters,we should all be behind him and the team not white-anting them to the point of calling for his sacking after one season...:popcorn:
That article was a really good read

style_cafe

I read the article on the Fox commentary on the FTBL forum.Very informative and gave me more respect for Staj's coaching.However against the Jets Birraz and last ditch defending still had to save our bacon so maybe some of our players weren't quite onboard.
It may have been the case and obviously it didn`t work 100%, but after reading that article, it opened my eyes to what Staj may have been try to do.
In this instance though, it has to be said that whatever he tried to do, it was sucessful as we didn`t concede (divine intervention considered as well).

FWIW though, at least Staj is trying and not going to plan the Okon plan B...:popcorn:

Ironbark

Agreed. It was clear too that many of our players were not only adhering to their directions but that they also understood their role in the system. The value here is Staj is actually coaching them to understand how to play.
As many of them are young this will take time to work well and consistently - but it should work eventually.
Then, it'll be more about Staj getting his tactics against the opposition right rather than wondering if the players know what they're doing or whether they can do the basics.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami