• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v Jets

Elite

Nizzy was fantastic. Birraz had his usual classy saves to keep us in it. Ziggy gave it his all and Duric was excellent in patches.

After 11 on the trot, I'll absolutely take a draw against the scum. Even better, makes it very difficult for them to play finals.

Also snake Matt Millar was A grade dogshit.

true believer

We desperately need a proper 10 / AM linking the attack. We had maybe 1 or 2 good final passes Kuol or SS could do anything with? Was surprised to see no Matty as we lacked a fire he could have delivered but it’s hard to keep up with news at the ground.
diaz is what id like to see start . we have nothing to lose let him play with mr kooooool up front

Last edited:

true believer

Nizzy was fantastic. Birraz had his usual classy saves to keep us in it. Ziggy gave it his all and Duric was excellent in patches.

After 11 on the trot, I'll absolutely take a draw against the scum. Even better, makes it very difficult for them to play finals.

Also snake Matt Millar was A grade dogshit.
i did love my boy stens giving fityz a bit of pretty boy touch up

true believer

When Nizzy replaced Melling, Stensness switched to the left where Melling had been ineffectual. This closed down Millar and Bernie pretty well.
I think the problem that you have correctly identified is that a lot of our players do not have the mobility nor the wit to play this formation. It was very clear for the first 30 minutes.
We need more players like Nizzy who appears to be one of the few to have a football brain and be able to position himself well in both attack and defence as well as having some ball skills. Is he the only one in the team who is able to take the ball forward, identify a player in an open position and then complete a good pass?
You cannot win games if you give the ball away repeatedly.
i think this is what works stens is a beast and with nizzy give us some quality .
if feel sorry for melling he always has a dig but is just not good enough.
i was glad when he got pulled but felt for the guy

Big Al

We have actually done well with the 5 subs thing. We finished strong in both games but just have no idea how to create chances.
The press lead by Diaz was much more effective than the first half one where they just toyed with us

Ironbark

Had to watch replay which didn't bother me as I was dreading this game a little.

I'm going to ignore the first half.
2nd half we were competitive. This has been the most crushing thing for me over the past what feels like forever. Just not being competitive at all in games.

Scum kept us competitive by not scoring. Partially thanks to a better defensive effort from our guys and partly through their attack being dogsh*t.

Which meant we could compete, a little. We have some potential going forward - I'm looking forward to more Kuol and Ruiz-Diaz over the next season. If Silvera or De Silva could play like AMs we might have been a little more threatening, but that's never gonna happen. At the moment attacks are mostly bombing the ball in to midgets and asking them to head in past the likes of Topor-Stanley. Pointless and ineffective.

All in all it felt like we were going to pinch it. I'll take the draw to end the sh*tstreak we were on and to wound the scum. Hopeful we just made a forward step. But also in reality we got lucky they didn't score earlier and break the spirits totally.

Blooding our decent youngsters is the win. Keep them, add the likes of some Bozanic level players and we might not spoon next season.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Well...the NZ Knights losing streak of dogshite is over ....defense was much better , ziggys yellow was absolute bollocks
still dunno about squad selection , who is doing the picking ? Can’t be Staj , I thought his footy brain would be better than this ...Koullies debut was o.k , do you think he could of started Britto and then brought kuol on after smoko?, and start Oar over de Silva and Dylan RD over Silvera ..sure Sammy had moments but 2 moments in 90 minutes ain’t that crash hot...the post match interview by our debutant was a bit good , as for the team , what do I know? , I’m just chucking shit in the air and see what floats....I did notice there was a definate lack of ZigMonsta passing the ball back as compared to other games

Josho Howe

Absolutely hilarious they didn't beat us last night. That first half was so atrocious it's barely worth mentioning. Melling dropped the worst half of an A-League player l have ever seen. Passed it to the scum more than his teammates. Nisbet is just such a better player it's not funny. Ziggy deserves some props l thought he was serviceable. 2nd half was a slight improvement but the scum still should have put us to the sword. Gotta think they were tired after their win over SFC. Well, clean sheet and not losing is always welcome l guess.

Also observed during the 1st half, Birraz was just fed up. You could tell by his actions and body language. Just lumping it up field to Silvera and Kuol and literally every single time Boogs or Topor won the header. He was defeated. I think he's about 99% gone unfortunately.

Ads

Hopefully Miller and Simon will be on deck for Monday.
Will be very interesting if Melling and Silvera make it in again.
Oar somewhat redeemed himself after week before but to be fair he was playing against a team with a quick turn around.
If Miller on deck I say f**k it and put his mungrel as right mid along side Stens and Nisbit.
Silvera and Kuol on when opposition gets tired. Simon to start pure for leadership and so we don’t let the first half get complacent.

Ziggy——Fox——Rowles——Clisby
Miller——Nizz——Stens——-Oar
——————Diaz———————-
—————-Simon———————

Kuol for Simon
Silvera for Miller/Diaz
Duric for Oar/Diaz/Stens
De Silva for Oar/Diaz/Stens/Nizz
Tonj back up defence

booney

Fox and Rowles had good games and Nisbet gives plenty of energy when he comes on.He certainly has good technique and is a very good passer -I wish DDS was as good with his passing.Ziggy while limited in attack and only an average passer is a very good tackler and puts his body on the line.Silvera in these last two games has played with more determination and has refound his ability to take opposition players on but he does need to bulk up a bit.Kuol and Diaz show promise and need more minutes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami