• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

Coastalraider

I think Posco is a lot like Melling - has had his chances to be a starting player, and hasnt quite made it. He is not the most gifted player, but adds some nugget to the defensive line when first team injuries/suspensions allow him to play. Just Like Melling.

I would be happy to have him filling gaps for the rest of the season.

Insertnamehere

@Insertnamehere what's wrong with Posco? I was disappointed we lost him. Solid defensive player
We have Rowles who is more adept at CB than LB, we also have McGing who is a serviceable CB.
Id rather see some width come into the squad.
Esp if Appiah leaves. Personally I think the middle of the ground from goal to striker is covered.
3 Gks
3 CBs + Rose Jnr + McGing
1000 CMs
3 Strikers, I personally think budgie is a striker...

Timmah

I consider McGing settled at RB now, Rose Jnr is off the radar (and according to SBS TWG about to leave?).
With the frequency Baro and Brama get suspended having depth there isn't the worst thing. As someone mentioned, like Melling, the signing of Posco could be good for depth if nothing else.

scottmac

Suspended
There would want to be something in the forward 3 coming in without Appiah. If not then id say Trent will get more game time

Insertnamehere

I consider McGing settled at RB now, Rose Jnr is off the radar (and according to SBS TWG about to leave?).
With the frequency Baro and Brama get suspended having depth there isn't the worst thing. As someone mentioned, like Melling, the signing of Posco could be good for depth if nothing else.
I appreciate need for depth, Posco feels like a step backwards.

Woollybutt

I'd be thrilled to have Posco back (especially as I have his shirt from one of the pink rounds a few years back). His positioning and passing were always pretty good, but fitness was a problem as he constantly lost momentum and form at key stages of the season. That wouldn't be as much of a problem for a back up defender. I actually think we'd have resigned him for this season if Ascroft hadn't been contracted, so I could see him coming in as a replacement for Ascroft that Okon will actually play. If Rose does go it gives us cover for Baro at right centre back and Rowles as cover for Golec at left centre back, which I'm content with. I'd probably prefer Tongyik in exchange for Rose, but I'd be happy with Posco.

So it looks like Melling came in as the 23rd player effectively on trial, in the knowledge that Rose could leave. If that rumour was true then Skapetis was meant to replace Bingham but it fell through, and the move for Giannou to replace Asdrubal, so it looks like Skapetis is the de facto replacement for Asdrubal. With Appiah gone, I assume Wales will just be officially promoted to replace him, with Kekeris taking Wales' role as the young shadow player on the edge of the first team squad. If Posco comes in for Ascroft that will probably be our business done, since there doesn't seem to be any suitable striker available and Melling is already in to replace Rose if he goes.

Big Al

I want to say a big thank you to the fans. I have enjoyed the fans vocally getting behind me in such a positive manner & I wish I could have repaid them with more goals for the team.

The fans did enjoy his efforts and we also wished for more goals. Goodluck to him but I can’t see him succeeding unfortunately but hope to be proven wrong

Big Al

Fans from other clubs have been bagging us for having Appiah and now we are getting paid for him to leave. Haha take that. Even if it’s 50cents the records will show we sold him to South Korea. No mean feat

Big Al

Think this is some BS. Why would he go back he was a failure the 1st time and won’t play in the A League. Could hint that one of Adrian or Ninko won’t be in the ACL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred