• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2024/2025 ALM and ACL Elite

pjennings

Forget the formation - but we've lost a team since January

-----------Vukovic
----Parkes-----Hall---Farrell
----------kasalovic------
Barcellos---Nisbet--Ballard---Torres
--------Reec------Tulio

but could still set up as

--------------Pavlesic
----Roux-------Kaltak---------Mauragis
---------------Tapp-----------------
Doka ----McCalmont--Di Pizio---Theohaurus
---------Kuol----------Edmondson

Wombat

Had a quick look at training on Friday. Impressive training set up. Chalk and cheese compared to the old sessions under Okon and Mulvey.

Alfie looks the goods! There was a Black guy i didnt recognise....i presumed he was the Brazillian i have heard about. Will defo check out a full session next week.

true believer

Had a quick look at training on Friday. Impressive training set up. Chalk and cheese compared to the old sessions under Okon and Mulvey.

Alfie looks the goods! There was a Black guy i didnt recognise....i presumed he was the Brazillian i have heard about. Will defo check out a full session next week.
thanks . i like that the gaffer is looking at another latin american .
as i believe ,that's one of the keys to our success. has been a blending of euro and american styles.

Last edited:

Coastalraider

Not directly related to us alone- but I am noticing a tonne of ‘overseas transfers’ announcements in the Aleague at the moment.

Wondering if the reduced revenues is leading to a fire sale of players to other leagues… and whether having so many players in other leagues is actually a good thing for the future of the Socceroos, if not the A league?

turbo

Wondering if the reduced revenues is leading to a fire sale of players to other leagues… and whether having so many players in other leagues is actually a good thing for the future of the Socceroos, if not the A league?
I dont think there's been a whole lot more moves, perhaps its just a case of connecting the dots more because you're aware of the financial issues. If there has been an uptick it could also be attributed to the general upward trend we've seen of the Aus market being seen as a good value pool for the likes of low-mid euro leagues, Scotland, MLS, etc.. If we get more players thriving when they leave that perception will only grow

pjennings

I'm worried the ALeague is going to go one of two ways.

A glorified NPL or a glorified youth league
Given that the NST seems to be falling apart ... and the FA has sold it as part of a package to a broadcaster will the actual NST be a glorified youth league run alongside the ALM with ALM NPL Academy teams.

FFC Mariner

So an Australian league full of emerging and experienced Australian players.
This is not a bad thing

The death riders looking for clicks have gone from "we never develop players anymore" to "all our developed players are leaving" The football media is rubbish apart from 1 or 2 quality writers. The rest can be safely igonored

Last edited:

Spacks

Until the A-League actually has a substantial prize pool, it should be a glorified youth league. Develop youth and sell them on.

If the A-League Regular Series had a $1-5m prize for the winner, you'd see more the big clubs investing in better players from overseas.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred